Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2013, 13:17   #5941

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Thanks Ranjit and its time to change your display picture/avtar but please in a different angle.
========== I am attaching the picture of my ecosports buffer, my civic has it on top so one cannot see it Hope it helps
I was talking about the buffers/ donuts.
Old 16th December 2013, 19:02   #5942
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

After booking the car on 4th August from Capital Ford (Bhubaneswar), got several assurances that I will get the Ecoboost Titanium(o) in 3 months. It is more than 4 months now, the dealer says me the car will be delivered before Christmas. Today I get a call from Ford India saying that I will have to wait till 6 more weeks for the car.

Immediately my father called up the dealer and instead of assuring me a delivery date, the salesperson argues with my father.

I am highly disappointed by the dealer's service and I am canceling the booking right away. Capital Ford is a pathetic dealership with no value of their commitment.
Old 16th December 2013, 22:26   #5943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Today I get a call from Ford India saying that I will have to wait till 6 more weeks for the car.
My commiserations. But then this is not entirely unexpected. MoM dispatches are coming down(which means exports are going up) while the rest of the line-up is not selling either!

PS: MAS buddy, these delays are making me think about you: I should have bought your Fusion then!
Old 16th December 2013, 23:47   #5944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Today I get a call from Ford India saying that I will have to wait till 6 more weeks for the car.
I believe there is also a scheduled 15 days year-end plant shutdown for yearly maintenance. This shall seriously impact deliveries in the last week of December and first 2 weeks of january, during which, the supposed price hike is going to take place.

Makes no sense if ford doesn't offer price protection to even customers who have booked before the first price hike (ie., September). Taking the blow of two price hikes after having waited for 5-6 months really takes away the VFM aspect from ecosport, which was the main USP at the time of launch. Surely leaves a sour after-taste.
Old 17th December 2013, 13:35   #5945
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review - SYNC Issues

Hi Ecosport Owners who have SYNC, The SYNC in the Ecosport has worked like a dream for the last 4 months - I had connected my IPod Nano to the USB slot, but just this Sunday whenever I start the car it says "USB not connected". I tried with another USB Pend Drive and still it doesn't detect it. I tried the Master Reset and the system diagnostics and everything else is perfect except that it doesn't detect any USB device. Blue Tooth Audio, Line In, CD, Radio & Voice calls on the Phone work just fine. Only the USB is not being detected. Appreciate any help from similar experiences.
Thanks, Roy
Old 17th December 2013, 15:19   #5946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Hi Ecosport Owners who have SYNC, Only the USB is not being detected. Appreciate any help from similar experiences.
Thanks, Roy
Just format the drive ,reload the songs and go again.
If this doesn't help do a master reset again and then remove and reconnect the battery negative terminal.
That should solve the problem

Last edited by ecosport rules : 17th December 2013 at 15:21.
Old 17th December 2013, 15:44   #5947
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ecosport Owners who have SYNC, The SYNC in the Ecosport has worked like a dream for the last 4 months - I had connected my IPod Nano to the USB slot, but just this Sunday whenever I start the car it says "USB not connected". I tried with another USB Pend Drive and still it doesn't detect it. I tried the Master Reset and the system diagnostics and everything else is perfect except that it doesn't detect any USB device. Blue Tooth Audio, Line In, CD, Radio & Voice calls on the Phone work just fine. Only the USB is not being detected. Appreciate any help from similar experiences.
Thanks, Roy
I am experiencing a somewhat unusual but similar problem. I used to play songs from my iPhone using USB connector which also doubles as charging point for my iPhone. However, from last few days, whenever i connect iPhone and start the iPod app, my phone displays the message that "Accessory not supported". Has anyone experienced the same problem and what could be the possible solution?

Also, yesterday when I was parking my car in a tight spot which involved multiple shifts between D mode and Reverse mode (and windows down), I have noticed that whenever I put the car in Reverse, a clinking sound (like some cables in action shifting the gears) emanates from the car. Is this normal for DCT transmission of Ford? I haven't heard similar sound from VW's DCT transmission in Polo.

Regards
Old 17th December 2013, 16:12   #5948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
I am experiencing a somewhat unusual but similar problem. I used to play songs from my iPhone using USB connector which also doubles as charging point for my iPhone. However, from last few days, whenever i connect iPhone and start the iPod app, my phone displays the message that "Accessory not supported". Has anyone experienced the same problem and what could be the possible solution?

Dear TSI, I get a similar message on my Iphone 5 (after upgrading to IoS 7) if I use a Non-Apple cable or accessory for charging the message verbatim "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this Iphone".
As however explained in my earlier post the problem is with my USB port which doesn't detect any USB device including my IPod Nano, USB Pen Drive or my Iphone. I awaiting a reply from Ford directly in a day or two and will keep you posted .

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Just format the drive ,reload the songs and go again.
If this doesn't help do a master reset again and then remove and reconnect the battery negative terminal.
That should solve the problem
Dear Ecosport rules, I formatted the Pen drive and reloaded it. I tried the SYNC Master reset and the result is the same it says "No USB drive detected" but I did not yet do the Battery disconnect option. Have you faced a similar issue on the USB drive not being detected.
Old 17th December 2013, 16:56   #5949
BHPian

Sync - Emergency Assistance

How do I set the number for emergency assistance.
Like 108 for Hyderabad
Old 17th December 2013, 19:36   #5950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
How do I set the number for emergency assistance.
Like 108 for Hyderabad
Hi srinivas,

The car is set to dial 108 by default.
It is the same pan India, if you remember the Goa media drive 108 had responded to the call from ecosport.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 10:54   #5951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Ecosport rules, I formatted the Pen drive and reloaded it. I tried the SYNC Master reset and the result is the same it says "No USB drive detected" but I did not yet do the Battery disconnect option. Have you faced a similar issue on the USB drive not being detected.
Hi Royfernandez, have you tried formatting the pen-drive with the 'FAT-32' format?
As my car does not recognize USB drives flashed with 'NTFS' format. Also, what size of USB drive are you using? there is a restriction with regards to the maximum size as well, I guess it is about 64GB.
Old 18th December 2013, 11:26   #5952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Hi Royfernandez, have you tried formatting the pen-drive with the 'FAT-32' format?
As my car does not recognize USB drives flashed with 'NTFS' format. Also, what size of USB drive are you using? there is a restriction with regards to the maximum size as well, I guess it is about 64GB.
Hello Arivind Anand, If you read my post carefully you will realize that I have been using my Ipod Nano 16GB for the last 4 months with absolutely no problem. I do not use a Pen Drive on the USB socket. Currently when the USB drive is selected through the AUX mode, SYNC says "No USB Drive connected"
Old 18th December 2013, 14:21   #5953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post

Also, yesterday when I was parking my car in a tight spot which involved multiple shifts between D mode and Reverse mode (and windows down), I have noticed that whenever I put the car in Reverse, a clinking sound (like some cables in action shifting the gears) emanates from the car. Is this normal for DCT transmission of Ford? I haven't heard similar sound from VW's DCT transmission in Polo.

Regards
Maybe a normal operating sound. However, I have not noticed any unusual sound from my vehicle. Will listen closely with window down and get back to you.
Old 18th December 2013, 14:53   #5954
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport, Hyundai i10 dropped from Euro Car of The Year List.

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/12/f...he-year-109589
Old 18th December 2013, 15:08   #5955
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Ford EcoSport, Hyundai i10 dropped from Euro Car of The Year List.
The Euro Car of the Year website actually does not have the Ecosport in the initial list of 30. Only Ford vehicle present in the list is the Kuga. Not sure if the Indian auto blog website got the numbers wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks