Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2013, 18:11   #586
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Is size all that matters? What about quality? If you look at Duster, it is no better than a Premier Rio in terms of quality. And what about equipment? Renault seems to be stuck in the 90s. The Duster is as equipped as a bullock cart of the 70s. Do you think that the Indian customer just wants a large box with four wheels and care nothing about looks, comfort, equipment, safety and quality?

Come on, those who does not stop a moment to think before they compare the ecosport with the amaze does have a problem when somebody compares it to the Duster.
Sir, lets be reasonable and first try to understand the point here.

The factor here is the sub-4m category.

Obviously quality is a major factor and thats the sole reason one might drop an amaze or a desire and go for ecosport instead and for that same reason wiuldnt mind paying the extra premium.

But would someone drop a verna and go for ecosport, I dont think the target group has the same requirements. The major factor being space here. Thats why duster is a better alternative to verna considering utility.

Its all about relativity.

P.S. Nobody has a problem with comparing ecosport to duster, its just a matter of understanding who ford is actually targeting as that decides the fate of this car. Its strictly about making sure ecosport sells good and that leads to good after sales network.

Last edited by zen kobane : 8th June 2013 at 18:14.
Old 8th June 2013, 18:59   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Is size all that matters? What about quality? If you look at Duster, it is no better than a Premier Rio in terms of quality. And what about equipment? Renault seems to be stuck in the 90s. The Duster is as equipped as a bullock cart of the 70s. Do you think that the Indian customer just wants a large box with four wheels and care nothing about looks, comfort, equipment, safety and quality?

Come on, those who does not stop a moment to think before they compare the ecosport with the amaze does have a problem when somebody compares it to the Duster.
Kindly hold your horses before you jump the gun. I was just stating prevalent sentiment of the market. How I wish premium hatches did better in the market. As for me, bring back the Jazz and Fabia 1.6, then my field of choice will be larger which currently includes Polo GT and Ecosport.

I have no problem with what people compare the Ecosport to. I am just expressing my opinion, which I believe I am entitled to.
Old 8th June 2013, 20:00   #588
BHPian

I received a call from Lathangi ford that they have started taking official bookings. Went and paid 50k and booked ecosport 1.5 diesel titanium sea grey.

The sales guy said that the approximate price for diesel titanium would be around 13 -14 OTR!!!!
My gut says it should be around 9-10 lacs oTR...hence went ahead with the booking. The booking cancellation would be around 2k - 5k
Old 8th June 2013, 20:04   #589
Senior - BHPian

Am (pre) booking number 50 something. Signed the form-20 a few mins ago. Expected launch next week, OTR for topmost variant will be a mind blowing 12+ lacs as per the sales advisor. I don't trust him though since he knew way less than I did about the car! So fingers crossed....
Old 8th June 2013, 20:27   #590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Am (pre) booking number 50 something. Signed the form-20 a few mins ago. Expected launch next week, OTR for topmost variant will be a mind blowing 12+ lacs as per the sales advisor. I don't trust him though since he knew way less than I did about the car! So fingers crossed....
Isn't that always the case, how is that so many salesman are so oblivious to whats happening in their own company, isn't that the first rule of being a salesman. In any case lets not deviate, i dont think Ecosport makes sense if it's not more than 10-11 on road for titanium, i mean the sedans make more sense otherwise. I mean a verna is feature packed and City (S), rapid automatics are much cheaper. They have the boot space and decent interior space as well

Last edited by ishaanranderia : 8th June 2013 at 20:36. Reason: missed out something
Old 8th June 2013, 21:23   #591
Senior - BHPian

Nothing like competition hotting up for the customer. Both Mahindra and Renualt have revised their prices hoping the strong demand will continue. The XUV 5OO is already feeling the heat. I am hopeful that the discounts are round the corner in this segment as more products are launched.
Old 9th June 2013, 15:11   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Nothing like competition hotting up for the customer. Both Mahindra and Renualt have revised their prices hoping the strong demand will continue. The XUV 5OO is already feeling the heat. I am hopeful that the discounts are round the corner in this segment as more products are launched.
I also hope the same.
Earlier, i used to fill Test Drive form on XUV's website, the reply was as: Please visit showroom- Excess bookings (or something like that).
But when yesterday I filled the form around 3pm, I received a call at 6pm from the CRM. It was surprising for me but at the same time, I was happy that Heavy Discounts will be offered around Diwali this year- even on XUV
Old 9th June 2013, 20:15   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
I received a call from Lathangi ford that they have started taking official bookings. Went and paid 50k and booked ecosport 1.5 diesel titanium sea grey.

The sales guy said that the approximate price for diesel titanium would be around 13 -14 OTR!!!!
My gut says it should be around 9-10 lacs oTR...hence went ahead with the booking. The booking cancellation would be around 2k - 5k
Any thing different in the booking process? Heard that they may hire an external agency.
Wow 13-14 OTR, that would be some pricing.
I would love to go and book one, but after the New Fiesta pricing shock I would rather wait it out.
Old 9th June 2013, 23:08   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup? View Post
Exactly. Can we get a review of the 1.5 Petrol please? I get it that the same engine is in Fiesta. Will putting it in the Ecosport make it sluggish because of the extra weight it has to lug around? What will be the hit on the Fuel efficiency? And any Fiesta owners can give an opinion on the 1.5 Petrol MT?
Anybody got any pointers to my concerns here?
Old 10th June 2013, 07:52   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Any thing different in the booking process? Heard that they may hire an external agency.
Wow 13-14 OTR, that would be some pricing.
I would love to go and book one, but after the New Fiesta pricing shock I would rather wait it out.
These are unofficial bookings, so you're still on your own on these.

I doubt the 13-14 OTR price that the dealer is saying. Maybe he's just trying to make you feel that the Ecosport is more "premium" than it really is. End of the day, it is a small car. The i20 has almost all the tech, the Ecosport has except maybe Sync and anything over 10 lakhs for this car is too much, in my opinion.
Old 10th June 2013, 08:36   #596
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Very much possible, the duster top variant crosses well over 14 lacs OTR in most metros. Expect at least a 80k-100k difference in the two cars.
Old 10th June 2013, 08:56   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Are we getting some parts made of GOLD?

Jokes apart, I feel 13-14 OTR is really above the roof. Even if one is willing 13-14 lacs, what he/she will get in return? I am not finding USP from ecosport except is it sub 4meter (for me, sub 4m = less OTR)
Old 10th June 2013, 08:57   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post

Very much possible, the duster top variant crosses well over 14 lacs OTR in most metros. Expect at least a 80k-100k difference in the two cars.
The duster top variant is bigger and more powerful. Space sells in India and conveniences such as a rear AC matter more than an emergency assist. This is just my opinion though and I hope I'm not wrong and Ford doesn't price it at those levels.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:02   #599
Senior - BHPian

At price levels similar to the Duster, i fell Ford will struggle with the Ecosport. Its so much smaller and more hatch like. The Duster fulfills the desire to own a SUV and offers very decent space. The AC is an absolute chiller and the car is very easy to drive. Ford needs to play the value card here and i hope they do so. The marketing guys may be tempted to price it lower by a slight margin when compared with the Duster to create customer perception of it being cheaper but that will be a stupid strategy IMHO. The Ecosport has the size handicap from day 1 and this needs to be understood by Ford.
Old 10th June 2013, 10:05   #600
Senior - BHPian

Went to Ford dealership in South Delhi yesterday to get a sence of price, I am given to undrstand that the the top end diesel might be approx 9 - 9.5 Lac (Ex Showroom). Making it 10.75Lac+ on Road in Delhi.

Keeping fingures crossed.

Last edited by i74js : 10th June 2013 at 10:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks