Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-401.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by damodar (Post 3325115)

I will clarify here that being a low revving engine the Eco sport doesn't sprint but is of a more relaxed in nature . This aspect is obvious in city traffic where you have to do a quick overtaking at lower speeds 20-60 kmph. On a highway even though lacking in performance in high rpm once above 80 kmph its pulls sweetly till 140 kmph. This means fewer gear shifts and less stress for the driver.

Hello guys
I have already drove 3500+ kms and i fully agree to the statement that TDCI is not the best engine in the class. Its not that zippy as the Multijets and Vento one.
The driving style has to be relaxed else this car frustrates you with not so great pickup. (Sorry i always compare this to my Swift). Even the Nissan sunny definaltely has a better punch that this beauty in lower gears.
That said as soon as jump onto 3rd gear, car picks up fairly well.
Even i have observed that on some specific days the response from the engine is very lull and full of reluctantance.
So to sum it all its a great vehicle but the engine has not impressed me in a great manner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 3325572)
I pre-booked a new Honda City CVT last week while retaining my EcoSport ecoboost Titanium (o). The Ecosport is taking a long time to come. Another price revision means I will cancel my booking and go for the City CVT.

Congratulations. You have taken the perfect right decision. Honda is a pinnacle of quality and you will really be proud of your decision in 2 years from now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3323180)
Hi guys please see the OBD tool bhpian gannu had installed on his polo and the software on his phone.
Do we know of any similar stuff for the ecosport.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-review-7.html

Hi ecosport rules
What are these OBDs for ? What do they really help in on a daily basis ?

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3325609)
Hi ecosport rules

OBD stands for "On Board Diagnostics". It is a communtion protocol for on-board computers in automobiles, which is mainly intended to provide real time diagnostic data in codes. All the warning and malfunction lights that light up when we switch on the ignition are taken care by OBD. There's a seperate port for connecting data loggers and scanning tools to get the info.
A sample shot of torque app displaying data from an OBD scanner:

Have owners been getting their extended warranty papers on time?
How long does it take.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pferdestarke (Post 3325653)

OBD stands for "On Board Diagnostics". It is a communtion protocol for on-board computers in automobiles, which is mainly intended to provide real time diagnostic data in codes. All the warning and malfunction lights that light up when we switch on the ignition are taken care by OBD. There's a seperate port for connecting data loggers and scanning tools to get the info.
A sample shot of torque app displaying data from an OBD scanner:

Thanks for the info. Dont they void the warranties ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 3325561)
The article looks heavily biased by the fact that this is manufactured in India, and thus intends to convey an impression that the ES is not up to high English standards.
This isn't a 'critical take'; it's a biased rant!

I will not say that the review is really biased or highly critical. They have not mentioned anything new than what our Team-bhp review has mentioned (for e.g.; the steering feel and handling prowess in comparison with the Fiesta sedan). The comments in the review hold value (for that market) especially considering the fact that UK have been seeing the interiors similar to the Ecosport from 2008 (in the pre-facelift Fiesta hatchback).

On a side note, noticed something interesting on the pricing. In India, the Ecosport maybe so aggressively priced compared to the Duster, but in the UK it’s the opposite. The entry level Ecosport is priced almost in the range of top end 4x4 Duster :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3325732)
...In India, the Ecosport maybe so aggressively priced compared to the Duster, but in the UK it’s the opposite. The entry level Ecosport is priced almost in the range of top end 4x4 Duster :)

Guess it's the other way round. Duster is a "cheap" offering there unlike a "premium" offering in India and hence they priced even the 4x4 variant inline with the entry level Ecosport to compete. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3325730)

No, they won't void the warranty as far as I know. But there is always a risk of chaos with the cheap chinese scanners messing with the OBD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3325609)
Hi ecosport rules

Hi

Hi,
OBDs dongles dont hamper warranty, they are just mere readers and dont interfere with any functions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srinivas C (Post 3325714)
Have owners been getting their extended warranty papers on time?
How long does it take.

My vehicle got delivered on 26th June 2013 and I haven't yet received my extended warranty papers.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi (Post 3325730)

Answered above.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manjuhara (Post 3324968)
Hi. I am soon going to take the delivery of my new car Ford EcoSport Titanium (O). I initially ordered a Mars Red but since they have white available and have taken my four months already, I agreed to it. I am dealing with Rama Motor Services Private Limited, Safdurjung Enclave, New Delhi and I got my loan sanctioned by SBI. My registration will be from Gurgaon, and I am handling the registration part as I know someone in RTO. Tomorrow I should be going for my car’s PDI. Though I have read the PDI checklist available on Team BHP thoroughly, but if there is anything that is amiss and I should know out of anybody’s personal experience, please drop me a line.

Also, I have been struggling to get a good GPS vehicle tracking system but unfortunately Ford only has options of Amsaki and Autocop and I am not convinced with either. Ideally I would want to get Technopurple GPS tracking system but then the warranty coverage by the Ford will stand null and void the moment Technopurple people do the wiring and connecting of the GPS tracking system to the battery, since they does not have a tie-up with Ford and thus it will not be guaranteed.
Lastly, is the optional extension of the warranty to 3 or years worth now or can I do it later ?

Lot of questions, i know. But thank you !

Does anyone else has got a security tracking device in his Eco-sport, need help urgently. Inspite Q7 thread of techno purple i am still not sure about them, any suggestion are welcome. Latest Techno Purple quote attached.

Please guide about extended warranty, Ford is giving 2 yrs of warranty and buying for 3 and 4th year makes sense or i can do it later by paying 2K extra anytime.

Please help.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by keralshobhit (Post 3326125)
Please guide about extended warranty, Ford is giving 2 yrs of warranty and buying for 3 and 4th year makes sense or i can do it later by paying 2K extra anytime.

You can buy the 3rd and 4th year warranties later, but it has to be before the second year warranty ends. I am doing the same

Meanwhile Ecosport has swept the Bloomberg Car awards for 2013 with as many as 5 awards. It is almost a clean sweep.clap:
More information at http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...14-368244.aspx

Sorry if its not relevant but want to highlight an issue regarding Ford dealer in Srinagar Kashmir. A friend of mine booked the new feista style. Ford India quoted a price of 9.40 lacs ex showroom Srinagar where as the dealer billed the car for 9.53lacs. The arguement dealer is giving is that he has added handling charges and the insurance of the vehicle from the stock yard till his showroom. This is bad practice and clear case of cheating IMO. Ford now is protecting the dealer saying that it is approved by ford india.

Finally cancelled my booking for Ecosport 1L Ecoboost Titanium(O). The car that never was. A massive failure from Ford due to its greed and shortsightedness. If they had the same approach some place else, I am sure they would have faced a ton of legal notices.

Hi Team-BHPians,
Has anyone tried this?

http://www.tradus.com/oscar-ford-eco...AMW7TQ2NGPYGYN - seems a steal at half price.

Also what is the price of rubber trunk mat for ES? Any alternative in the market?