Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2013, 12:41   #6091

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Update:

Had booked my Ecosport (Petrol, Ambient) on July 22nd with SC Ford, Mumbai. Was committed a timeline of between 3-6 months.

Got in touch with him early on in December and he mentioned "You will get your car by February". Thought I'll wait because, I dont need a car, I want to add a car. Wrote to Ford India with my concerns and received a call asking me if my problem was genuine.

Now, received a letter over the weekend from Ford India, highlights are as follows:

1) Sorry we made you wait this long, we've received more bookings than we can handle.

2) The prices will increase in Jan 2014 because our input cost is increasing.

3) We plan to deliver your car before March 2014 (translates to a 8 month waiting).

4) If you cant wait, you may cancel your booking and we will give you a full refund.

5) We can give you a Rs. 10,000 off on any of our other models (Figo, Fiesta Classic and Fiesta).

I've been in touch with Senior BHPian's and they've been of great help. So thanks guys! But, I wanted to share this with the others still waiting and wanted to know if they've received something similar.
binoym is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 12:48   #6092
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
After 100km in 1.5P AT, the engine feels underpowered, but the mileage is exceptional. Already at 11km/litre in full city start/stop driving. I think with care 12-13km/l in the city is achievable. The car overall feels very solid, though fit and finish is not great. The cabin is super silent after fitting engine guard. Ride is not plush, but not too hard either - I have 30psi on all tyres (Good years)
30psi seems low. Suggest you try out. 32psi front and 34 rear.

Do note that for a full load you should be going in for 35 front and 38 or so in the rear.

The FE mentioned by you is quite high for such low km usage. I reached that figure after 5000 kms. . So it is bound to get even better with time for you.

Try the S mode if you find the vehicle underpowered.

I think you are using very gentle inputs to the Acc pedal and hence find the vehicle underpowered and also are getting very high FE early on. A firmer push should make the vehicle respond more positively.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 13:03   #6093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
30psi seems low. Suggest you try out. 32psi front and 34 rear.

Do note that for a full load you should be going in for 35 front and 38 or so in the rear.

The FE mentioned by you is quite high for such low km usage. I reached that figure after 5000 kms. . So it is bound to get even better with time for you.

Try the S mode if you find the vehicle underpowered.

I think you are using very gentle inputs to the Acc pedal and hence find the vehicle underpowered and also are getting very high FE early on. A firmer push should make the vehicle respond more positively.
Thanks ACM, I drive with a light foot in the city. I am very used to i10 AT which is my current vehicle, which I find more responsive (as bhp/ton is higher on i10, I don't expect ES to be as responsive) and gives around 11km in the city. I am mostly driving alone and as per manual, 30 in front and 26 in back is advised for light load. Do you think higher tyre pressure helps?. Will wait for highway to try out the S mode.
Old 30th December 2013, 13:17   #6094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoym View Post
Update:

5) We can give you a Rs. 10,000 off on any of our other models (Figo, Fiesta Classic and Fiesta).
Regarding this point, I know for sure you that indeed they provide you with a Rs. 10,000/- discount coupon for their other models due to the long waiting periods of EcoSport. My friend went in for EcoSport but was disappointed with the long waiting periods and he made sure the SA was aware of his disappointment. In a few days, got the discount coupon via e-mail.
Now he is one happy Figo owner.
Old 30th December 2013, 13:21   #6095
BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Had booked my Ecosport (Petrol, Ambient) on July 22nd with SC Ford, Mumbai. Was committed a timeline of between 3-6 months.

Got in touch with him early on in December and he mentioned "You will get your car by February". Thought I'll wait because, I dont need a car, I want to add a car. Wrote to Ford India with my concerns and received a call asking me if my problem was genuine.

Now, received a letter over the weekend from Ford India, highlights are as follows:

1) Sorry we made you wait this long, we've received more bookings than we can handle.

3) We plan to deliver your car before March 2014 (translates to a 8 month waiting).

4) If you cant wait, you may cancel your booking and we will give you a full refund.

I've been in touch with Senior BHPian's and they've been of great help. So thanks guys! But, I wanted to share this with the others still waiting and wanted to know if they've received something similar.
This demonstrates clearly, Ford's strategy of getting people - who booked petrol variants - to cancel or move to other variants/models. They don't make much money out of the P variants. I wouldn't be surprised if they are losing some.
Old 30th December 2013, 13:28   #6096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Of late I am observing that there is a disparity between what is observed on the MID and what is calculated via the tankful method with the MID being on the higher side. The latest - 10.6 vs 9.9. Used to be pretty accurate earlier.

Does somebody knows how the MID does the calculation?
Old 30th December 2013, 13:55   #6097
BHPian

Took the vehicle to the service centre. They replaced the lock nut with a matching one.

Finally managed to fit a VHF base station after 3 months of email exchanges in the Vehicle. I am told, albeit unofficially, that my warranty on electrical parts are now void.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Oh is it? In default position, the groove surface will be flat. Only when this is pushed/pulled, it will be visible. I shall check this in the evening and update you. I remember it being stiff and had to apply some force to it.
vu2pmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 13:59   #6098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sounds like a great strategy to get rid of all the new fiesta stock since that is the car that lies in the same territory as the Ecosport and a customer is likely to consider that if he was too shift the booking.
I doubt this strategy will work. One who is wanting to own a compact SUV would never want to shift to a sedan & that too a model which is a market flop. The fact is that its the Ecosport which people want to buy & not some other Ford products & its for the company to understand this & pull up their socks wrt production.
Old 30th December 2013, 16:17   #6099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
I doubt this strategy will work. One who is wanting to own a compact SUV would never want to shift to a sedan & that too a model which is a market flop.
I second you. I call this the dumbest strategy. Why would a person willing to spend 10lakh+ on car get tempted by a infinitesimal discount like this, after waiting for such long periods. Went to my dealer to get my refund cheque and saw about 10-12 refund cheques, all from ecosport cancellations. I think Ford India is already on the verge of losing.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 30th December 2013 at 16:18.
Old 30th December 2013, 16:40   #6100
BHPian

A suggestion for all EcoSport owners, don't allow your service guys to polish the dash board. During mid day sunny times, the reflection on the glass is too much. (Without polish itself the reflection is there).

Now a doubt, is there a way to reduce the shining of the plastic, so that the reflections can be minimal.
Old 30th December 2013, 16:47   #6101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
A suggestion for all EcoSport owners, don't allow your service guys to polish the dash board. During mid day sunny times, the reflection on the glass is too much. (Without polish itself the reflection is there).

Now a doubt, is there a way to reduce the shining of the plastic, so that the reflections can be minimal.
Probably adding the matte black carbon fibre stickers from 3M on the dash top? Or I have seen some (velvet) kind of a material designed in the shape of the dash being used. These are quite cheap and you can search for these in eBay.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 17:04   #6102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Probably adding the matte black carbon fibre stickers from 3M on the dash top? Or I have seen some (velvet) kind of a material designed in the shape of the dash being used. These are quite cheap and you can search for these in eBay.
Thank you, I will check with 3 M folks the next I go to that area. Unfortunately I can't get a leading search in ebay for our purpose. For illustration can you please post a link? Thanks inadvance
Old 30th December 2013, 17:12   #6103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Thank you, I will check with 3 M folks the next I go to that area. Unfortunately I can't get a leading search in ebay for our purpose. For illustration can you please post a link? Thanks inadvance
I do NOT think this is yet available for Ecosport. Please check this item to get a hang of it.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Premium-Quali...item3f271832e7
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 17:13   #6104
BHPian

Quote:

Does this mean there's going to be one more bitter situation of offering zero price protection to customers who has booked their cars before 2014?

Quote:

Ha! There comes this move after 6 long months from launch - does that vaguely mean Ford has taken for granted that its EcoSport cash counter will forever be ringing and giving it rich fortunes?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity0114 View Post
One who is wanting to own a compact SUV would never want to shift to a sedan & that too a model which is a market flop.
Can't agree more!

It is only a matter of time before Ford realizes EcoSport is not the only king of its segment when Hyundai, Maruti, Mahindra and finally Honda have their answers as tough competitors!

Last edited by vvijay : 30th December 2013 at 17:41. Reason: Added information
Old 30th December 2013, 17:21   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I cannot stop laughing after reading this. This is when Ford delayed the launch of the vehicle apparently to prepare themselves for timely delivery of the car.

Didn't Ford realise this they can not handle so many bookings in first two months of the launch? This must have resulted in good income for the dealers from the interest on booking amount.

Last edited by GTO : 11th January 2014 at 13:31. Reason: Typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks