Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2013, 23:26   #6121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash13 View Post

I would love to know what mileage other ecosport owners are getting and how and when did the mileage improve over their course of ownership...
After 5k Kms with the Tdci the FE figures have somewhat settled down. I get consistently 14-15 in bangalore city traffic and 18-21 on highways.
AC doesn't make much difference IMO.
There isn't any substantial increase in the mileage over this period. As I mentioned before I have modified my driving style a bit and have reduced early downshifts which I was doing initially. Need to see that the engine is around 2k mark to extract the maximum.
Meanwhile the thick A pillar came into picture yesterday when I hit a moped while I was taking a right turn at an intersection. The moped was fully hidden by the pillar. Thank god that my wife spotted the moped and I slowed down.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 01:07   #6122

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Just found something really mind blowing while browsing the internet. Hope you guys like it!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20132014yearfordecosportledustyleangeleyesheadlightwithprojectorlensld.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20132014yearfordecosportledustyleangeleyesheadlightwithprojectorlensld-1.jpg

Though this is only for the LHD version but i think all the projectors we get here are for LHD only.
Just posting the link if anyone would like to splurge on it. Near about 42k with shipping.
Happy new year everyone!
eco-doc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 04:30   #6123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
After 5k Kms with the Tdci the FE figures have somewhat settled down. I get consistently 14-15 in bangalore city traffic and 18-21 on highways.
AC doesn't make much difference IMO. .
Meanwhile the thick A pillar came into picture yesterday when I hit a moped while I was taking a right turn at an intersection. The moped was fully hidden by the pillar..
with you that the air conditioning has no effect on mileage.
It takes some time to get used to the thick A pillar and work your way around it.

But sometimes it can eat away a whole bike
Old 1st January 2014, 14:48   #6124
BHPian

Hi everyone! Finally made it to Team-BHP. Happy New Year to everyone!!! (Thought I would start my first post by wishing)
Got a test drive of Ecoboost Titanium (O) the last day. Found it good and comfortable.
Now can anyone tell me how the petrol 1.5 MT ecosport is? Has anyone tested it? I need to know especially about manual transmission version. My running is much low. Thanks in advance.
RideRanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 16:57   #6125
BHPian

Just finished a 1000 km trip on the Hyd- Rajahmundry stretch.
The car drove superbly on the good and bad stretches equally well.
Even the rural roads were a breeze.
Mileage on highways was about 18 (mostly 90-110 kmph)and on the inner roads about 23 (70-80 kmph) as per the indicator.

While going, the tires were with factory air pressure of 35 front and 40 rear. This is how I have been driving from day 1. On the return stretch I filled 35 in all tires. The return was much more comfortable. The small jerks that I normally get on the roads were smoothed out. The car was more cushioned.

Is it OK to have same pressure in all tires?

On the way needed to sudden brake twice. The first was at about 50 KMPH and I heard a sort of rattling sound from the brakes. The brakes worked fine. The second time the speed was a low 30 kmph and the sound was like stones shaken in a pot. I assume that is the sound of ABS (never had a car with ABS before)

Noticed something about mileage on the mid. In 5th gear at speeds between 75-79 the mileage indicator moves to 30. If I touch 80 or 74 the mileage falls to the middle.
Old 1st January 2014, 18:03   #6126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
Just found something really mind blowing while browsing the internet. Hope you guys like it!
Though this is only for the LHD version but i think all the projectors we get here are for LHD only.
Not true, the projectors installed on my car by Srinivas Gopal are those of a RHD only.
Attaching a picture for your reference.(notice the cut off line sloping to the right)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Is it OK to have same pressure in all tires?

On the way needed to sudden brake . I assume that is the sound of ABS (never had a car with ABS ).
It is good to have the same pressure in all the tyres.

And yes it is the sound of ABS working perfectly so you need not worry.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1146986d1380716125mysilverfordecosporttitaniumotdcifirstdeliveredindiaimg20131002wa0000.jpeg  

Old 1st January 2014, 23:48   #6127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sounds like a great strategy to get rid of all the new fiesta stock since that is the car that lies in the same territory as the Ecosport and a customer is likely to consider that if he was too shift the booking.
This is hilarious! Cant one already get a huge fat discount on the Fiesta? Its the biggest flop in recent years. I bet i can get a lakh off.
Old 2nd January 2014, 00:18   #6128
BHPian

Took my ecosport on a BLR-CHN-BLR trip during the year end holidays. Drove down on 27th Dec and back today.
My car has now crossed 2600 Kms and is ready for the first service.

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive and loved the way the ecosport handled on the highway. The car seemed keen to go well beyond 120 km/h.

Here are few readings which i noted. (Note mine is an ecoboost).

BLR-CHN (27th Dec)
Total Distance Covered : 356 Kms
Mileage : 15.2 Kmpl
Avg Speed: 57 Kmph

CHN-BLR (1st Jan)
Total Distance Covered : 381 Kms
Mileage : 14.0 Kmpl
Avg Speed: 55 Kmph

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd January 2014 at 16:49. Reason: Please avoid top-speed mentions. You've got a good avg. speed - drive safe :)
JollyPope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 02:48   #6129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Hi everyone! Finally made it to Team-BHP. Happy New Year to everyone!!! (Thought I would start my first post by wishing)
Got a test drive of Ecoboost Titanium (O) the last day. Found it good and comfortable.
Now can anyone tell me how the petrol 1.5 MT ecosport is? Has anyone tested it? I need to know especially about manual transmission version. My running is much low. Thanks in advance.
Even I have been researching the petrol MT and found very little stuff on it. Please check out the videos on You Tube. Overall, if you discount the petrol price the vehicle is fabulous, but any which ways the diesel makes a better case for itself from all angles
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 07:56   #6130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
This is hilarious! Cant one already get a huge fat discount on the Fiesta? Its the biggest flop in recent years. I bet i can get a lakh off.
This would probably be offered over and above the Lakh or whatever discount you are offered by the dealer otherwise.
Old 2nd January 2014, 08:13   #6131
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Thanks ACM, I drive with a light foot in the city. I am very used to i10 AT which is my current vehicle, which I find more responsive (as bhp/ton is higher on i10, I don't expect ES to be as responsive) and gives around 11km in the city. I am mostly driving alone and as per manual, 30 in front and 26 in back is advised for light load. Do you think higher tyre pressure helps?. Will wait for highway to try out the S mode.
Wow that is familiar territory. We too have an I10 AT.

The i10 AT FE is always at least 2kmpl less than that of the Ecosport due to 4 speed gearbox vs 6 Speed dual clutch in the Ecosport.

Also power in the Eco sport feels more that adequate while it feels insufficient in the i10. My wife feels the same. She loved the ecosport power.

Am sure that your engine either needs to open out or that you are hesitating in giving the ecosport adequate pressure on the acc pedal.

The i10 could be more responsive for a light feet push as it is a lighter vehicle though.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:06   #6132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Even I have been researching the petrol MT and found very little stuff on it. Please check out the videos on You Tube. Overall, if you discount the petrol price the vehicle is fabulous, but any which ways the diesel makes a better case for itself from all angles
Thank you sir, I have already checked the net. All I could find was about 1.5L automatic (Maybe I missed some!). I am not a fan of automatic.. I would have gone for diesel if it weren't for my lower average (also my budget!).

If anyone have any info please share..
Old 2nd January 2014, 14:28   #6133
BHPian

Quote:
Noticed something about mileage on the mid. In 5th gear at speeds between 75-79 the mileage indicator moves to 30. If I touch 80 or 74 the mileage falls to the middle.
Actually it is more dependent on how heavy your right foot is, than on your current speed.

Even at 120kmph, if you move your feet completely off the accelerator, you will see the instantaneous reading jumping to 30.

Last edited by JollyPope : 2nd January 2014 at 14:30.
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:01   #6134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
Booked the Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium in first week of December at Metro Ford, Palace Cross, Bangalore. The waiting period quoted was an epic 14 months. They were not accepting bookings of titanium option variant. Also, the salesman was trying to hardsell the Fiesta and I could see a sudden glint in his eye when I showed a fleeting interest in it. Next day, he looked crestfallen and completed the formalities with disinterest when I dropped in with the cheque for the Ecosport booking. Hope other manufacturers pull up their sleeves and come up with some real competition to the Ecosport.
Had booked a titanium option diesel in November 2nd week from Lathangi ford bangalore with a delivery time of 8-10 months. Will be cancelling this one as am going for an AT instead.
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:13   #6135

Quote:
On the way needed to sudden brake twice. The first was at about 50 KMPH and I heard a sort of rattling sound from the brakes. The brakes worked fine. The second time the speed was a low 30 kmph and the sound was like stones shaken in a pot. I assume that is the sound of ABS (never had a car with ABS before)

Yes. That is the sound of ABS and it is scary when you hear it first. I have been in the same boat and finally learnt (with the help of fellow BHPians) that this is how it works and sounds...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks