Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2014, 14:24   #6151
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The only time I saw a reset was when the date went back by a few months when I gave it for the first service (time was unchanged!0 - I suspect either the battery was disconnected, or the ICE firmware was updated/reset.
Hey thanks Arun. I have observed the exact same issue in my ecosport two days back. The time and day are still correct, but the month got set back to Dec 13. But no question of any battery disconnect / ICE update in my case.

BTW, how was your service experience with Lathangi? Mine is due for the first service tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyPope : 6th January 2014 at 14:35.
Old 6th January 2014, 14:25   #6152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Dear Sunilg and other Ford Ecosport AT Owners. I just crossed 4K kms on the Ford Ecosport AT and the Mileage I have obtained is 11 kmpl in city traffic with the A/c on permanently with feather touch accelerator & 14.4 kms on the highway (200 kms run 2 way). Average Highway speed between 80-100 kmph - always use the Sports Mode. Am thoroughly satisfied with the mileage, However I feel the car strains to reach or cross 100 kmph. The steering feels really weighted and not light after 60 kmph so it gives me a feeling of being secure. Wonder about the AT performance in the hills or ghat sections, especially downhill runs, Does it use the Engine braking around the curves.
1. Make no mistake, the car WILL sprint in Sport Mode. I have had trouble reigning down my hormones, and consequently the RPMs, because the car was hitting 120+ with no effort at all. Under a light foot it can feel a bit lazy in 'D' mode, but increase the throttle (2500 rpm+) and it pulls cleanly, even with 4 pax on board and Climate Control On.
I was mindful to restrict such bursts to about less than a minute or so only since I am still at around 2500 kms and getting the first service done this weekend.

2. Totally agree about the Steering. It weighs up nicely with speed.

3. I have driven the AT on hills with 4 on board, with manual selection of Gears. No issues faced in tackling steep hairpins. On downhill stretches I didn't feel any loss of control (going by what was mentioned on the Fiesta DCT review). I was aware of engine braking as well coming into play on the manual mode in 'S'.

Waiting to get my first service this weekend, and then gradually start upping and exploring the boundaries. Fantastic machine so far!
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 15:17   #6153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPope View Post
Hey thanks Arun. I have observed the exact same issue in my ecosport two days back. The time and day are still correct, but the month got set back to Dec 13. But no question of any battery disconnect / ICE update in my case.

BTW, how was your service experience with Lathangi? Mine is due for the first service tomorrow.
The first service is just an inspection, I had no concerns with their work. In your case, given the problem you've faced, I'm not sure how it'll be.

One tip - Lathangi have 3 service centers, one on Hosur road, one bang opposite IIM-B (next to the Lathangi Mahindra showroom) and one further down the road (CK Palya).

The one opposite IIM-B is a quick service place - for regular servicing, fluid replacement, RTB suspension replacement for Figos, etc. The CK Palya one is a full-fledged workshop.

I'd suggest you check where your problem will be investigated, and that you personally drive your vehicle to that place, rather than give it opposite IIM-B, and let those guys ferry the vehicle across... we know all too well how these guys treat our cars.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 22:29   #6154
BHPian

Prices increased by around 50k for all versions - See the price list at Cauvery Ford
http://www.cauveryford.com/Products/...-Pricelist.asp
ES is no longer the VFM offering.
Anuraj Ennai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 08:57   #6155
Senior - BHPian

Website too now shows updated prices: Say for the Ambiente diesel

Launched at 6,65,xxx.

Updated to 7,13,xxx

Now revised to 7,52,xxx.
ramzsys is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 11:50   #6156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

Launched at 6,65,xxx.

Updated to 7,13,xxx

Now revised to 7,52,xxx.
And it's been what, 6 months since launch? I wonder if they are taking a leaf out of Toyota's book here.

.. and let's see what they drop from the Titanium with this hike!
Old 7th January 2014, 11:54   #6157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Prices increased by around 50k for all versions - See the price list at Cauvery Ford
http://www.cauveryford.com/Products/...-Pricelist.asp
ES is no longer the VFM offering.
Quote:

Launched at 6,65,xxx.

Updated to 7,13,xxx

Now revised to 7,52,xxx.
Wow that is some increase in price from launch. Though I am not in the market for a car, but if i was a proper C+ sedan would any day take preference over Ecosport. I wouldn't be surprised if a year down the line Ford is struggling to keep up the numbers rolling

Last edited by supertinu : 7th January 2014 at 11:58.
Old 7th January 2014, 12:27   #6158
Team-BHP Support

6 months since launch and a 1 Lakh price increase is insane. What is Ford thinking?

In every aspect except ground clearance it is a large hatch at best and this will now play on the minds of the buyer. It is now in the same league as Vento, Verna and Rapid.

The launch of the City today should see a chunk of buyers cancelling the Ecosport and walking over to Honda provided Honda don't lose it with the City pricing.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 12:36   #6159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
6 months since launch and a 1 Lakh price increase is insane. What is Ford thinking?

In every aspect except ground clearance it is a large hatch at best and this will now play on the minds of the buyer. It is now in the same league as Vento, Verna and Rapid.

The launch of the City today should see a chunk of buyers cancelling the Ecosport and walking over to Honda provided Honda don't lose it with the City pricing.
They are making merry while the hay shines. With almost no competition in this category they till now have successfully been dictating the terms. Despite steep price increase, insane waiting lists and no price protection, the customers are still beelined to get an ES.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 12:45   #6160
BHPian

Attention AT Owners !!!

Picked this up from another forum (The Automotive Indian) from a Bangalore based user. The shift lever refused to move from "P" position. Thereafter error message popped up "Vehicle not in park".

Learnt that if vehicle not in "P", key cannot be removed from vehicle. User was at home so spare key was available to lock the vehicle.

Worst was that emergency release procedure is wrong in the manual. Even the Road Side Assistance person on call did not properly know the procedure for Ecosport.

The correct procedure is as follows. Do make a note and save it for reference in case of an emergency:
First remove the silver outer ring around the gear platform, then the shiny black thing on right side. When you look inside you will see a pink lever. Pull that back and now you can release the gear from Park position.

Exact cause of the problem is not known yet. Will update once available.
risga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 12:47   #6161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
They are making merry while the hay shines. With almost no competition in this category they till now have successfully been dictating the terms. Despite steep price increase, insane waiting lists and no price protection, the customers are still beelined to get an ES.
NB: It is hay that one makes, while the sun shines. But you are right about the competition --- the lack of it. It seems that Ford feels it can do what it likes with this car. Is any car that good?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th January 2014 at 12:48.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 12:57   #6162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
NB: It is hay that one makes, while the sun shines. But you are right about the competition --- the lack of it. It seems that Ford feels it can do what it likes with this car. Is any car that good?
Oops! Got that wrong didnt i. Silly me :-) Thanks for correcting me mate. Duster i suppose is better in ride quality and space though is a plain jane when compared to ES.Now with Ford raising prices the gap between a duster and ES is narrowing considerably. But the point i want to make is this baby SUV any better than sedans? Also with increased prices VFM tag is gone, its top end model now is very close to XUV 500 W4 but its still reaping the benefit of less competition in the segment. With no Honda,Toyota,Maruti,Hyundai products it looks that Ford will keep flexing their muscles for another year or so.

Last edited by rajamuneeb : 7th January 2014 at 13:07.
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 17:38   #6163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Is any car that good?
Big car feel(=SUV) for small* money(<10 lakhs). Fuel efficiency and features are added benefits.

Exactly what we want in a developing country with third world roads.

*relatively, everything feels overpriced these days!
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 17:57   #6164
BHPian

Quote:

Launched at 6,65,xxx.

Updated to 7,13,xxx

Now revised to 7,52,xxx.
Any idea on whether Ford would be offering price protection for all pre-booked customers this time around? It did leave a sour gripe and a wave of cancellations the last time prices were hiked!
Old 7th January 2014, 18:46   #6165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post

Any idea on whether Ford would be offering price protection for all pre-booked customers this time around?
Nope, they won't. I did put a query to them regarding the price protection in December itself, which they have refused to provide. I was displeased with their reply and straight away went for the cancellation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks