Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 12:53   #6286
BANNED

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford increases Eco sport prices again..

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/ford-ec...es-hiked-again

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th January 2014 at 14:00. Reason: changed the link to the Team-BHP news item
Old 14th January 2014, 15:57   #6287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
Hi raz0r - ATs are indeed in short supply. My dealer gets only 1 AT per allotment and it took me 6 months with continuous follow up and some luck to get my vehicle delivered. Ford is not manufacturing many ATs for Indian consumer. But the car is worth it in the end. Try following up with Ford and Dealer and get a firm delivery date. There is no other AT vehicle that comes near ES at this price point. ( I am not forgetting the fun factor of POLO GT TSI - but ES AT is the most practical AT out there).
Hi All,

Frustrated by Ford's behaviour even after 7 months, decided to finally cancel my EcoSport AT booking, went to Riddhi Ford, New Delhi 4 days ago and argued with them about the state of things and completed the formalities for cancellation and was promised full Rs.50K refund without any deductions.
(all this happened after at least 20 mails to ford india CC and Riddhi ford)

Wait !!! The story doesn't end here.

After coming home all disappointed and looking for options, decided to give Vento TSi a look as for me it was the closest contender in terms of VFM and features.

Took the TD at Bhasin Motors (TD for TSi was not available , drove a manual), liked the interiors and the awesome new blue colour, decided to buy it as the SA promised me delivery in 20 days.

And then my phone rang, what happened next was unbelievable :

My Ford SA called me and told me that, ford has allotted an EcoSport AT to me and the car will be delivered end of JAN or FEB first week.

I was shocked and asked him to mail all this to me so that I have a proof and a reason to believe him, and here it is:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,
As per Ford India vehicle allotment, we will provide you vehicle (Eco-Sport 1.5 Tit. A/T (P)) end of January or first week of February.

Riddhi Ford
B1/F8, Mohan Coperative
Industrial Estate
New Delhi 110044
------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing is that they are not confirming the black colour I want. But I am happy with any of the Black, Red or White.

Hoping to get my Black EcoSportS AT and keeping my figures crossed.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th January 2014 at 17:51. Reason: ES = EcoSport. Please type car names in full, as acronyms are hard to understand + are not searchable.
raz0r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 17:57   #6288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Frustrated by Ford's behaviour even after 7 months, decided to finally cancel my ES AT booking
Hello raz0r,
I would suggest you to get a confirmation in written that you have been allotted a vehicle.Otherwise you can consider this, an exercise to avert you from cancelling.
My experience with Ford:
I booked a 1.5TDCi Titanium(O) on 14th of july and my serial number was 58(23rd among TDCi Titanium optionals). I was assured to get delivery in 2nd week of November, after which I kept on pinging Ford's MD desk and got a call saying that I have been allotted a car.Out of elation I went to my dealer to talk about this and they had no clue about the allottment.Right after this drama, I tried calling Ford customer care but never got a proper response.All I was left with is detestation on Ford and cancelled my booking on December 17th.
P.S: I am now a happy owner of candy white Skoda Rapid (MY14) elegance!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 14th January 2014 at 17:58. Reason: typos
Old 14th January 2014, 18:04   #6289
BHPian

Friends...for those who are interested in mileage. I had recently done a 535Km trip ( solo drive) from Cochin to Bangalore. The forward trip i got a mileage of 21.4Km ( with AC) i was light footed never crossing 80-90 Kmh. However the return trip i got only 20Km ( with AC) as i had to encounter traffic on the Kerala side.
Old 14th January 2014, 18:05   #6290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
Hello raz0r,
I would suggest you to get a confirmation in written that you have been allotted a vehicle.Otherwise you can consider this, an exercise to avert you from cancelling.
My experience with Ford:
I booked a 1.5TDCi Titanium(O) on 14th of july and my serial number was 58(23rd among TDCi Titanium optionals). I was assured to get delivery in 2nd week of November, after which I kept on pinging Ford's MD desk and got a call saying that I have been allotted a car.Out of elation I went to my dealer to talk about this and they had no clue about the allottment.Right after this drama, I tried calling Ford customer care but never got a proper response.All I was left with is detestation on Ford and cancelled my booking on December 17th.
P.S: I am now a happy owner of candy white Skoda Rapid (MY14) elegance!
Pferdestarke, I got them to send me an e-mail confirmation, which is as good as written confirmation, moreover I am in contact with my SA twice daily at least.

If they do something fishy this time, I am going to start a social media campaign against the illegal practices by these Ford Dealers, specially Riddhi Ford, Delhi.
Old 14th January 2014, 18:38   #6291
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
My Ford SA called me and told me that, ford has allotted an EcoSport AT to me and the car will be delivered end of JAN or FEB first week.

Hoping to get my Black EcoSportS AT and keeping my figures crossed.
When a vehicle is allotted by Ford, not only the dealer gets the color/model details but also the VIN number. Ford normally invoices the vehicles at the end of the month so the vehicle would have already been invoiced to the dealer in December end if dealer is confirming delivery by end of this month. I suggest you make another visit to the dealer and demand the VIN number and color details.

All the best.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 19:13   #6292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
When a vehicle is allotted by Ford, not only the dealer gets the color/model details but also the VIN number. Ford normally invoices the vehicles at the end of the month so the vehicle would have already been invoiced to the dealer in December end if dealer is confirming delivery by end of this month. I suggest you make another visit to the dealer and demand the VIN number and color details.

All the best.
Thanks for the suggestion TSIched'Out, will pay them a visit tomorrow.

I received these details from the ford dealer and it seems like the insurance is on the higher side, also they added the reverse camera to the list without even asking me.

Eco-Sport 1.5 Titanium A/T
Ex-Showroom = 908349.00
Insurance with Zero Dep. = 39346.00
Registration Delhi = 68543.00
Handling charges = 6250.00
Essential Kit = 4500.00
Body care = 8500.00
Park RPS with Camera = 24645.00
Grand Total = 1060133.00
Extended Warranty = 11380.00
Old 14th January 2014, 21:36   #6293
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-india-15.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Wow.! this thing looks really awesome.
Just like those in the Audi's!! The light output looks quite good and bright.
I went through your thread, I wonder how much you spent on all those accessories. Whatever it is, your car looks perfect
Thank you Kishen.
I have just finished compiling my 12000km update with all the upgrades.

Posting a link on the top of the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abh1nav View Post
Out of the list of cars you've mentioned, no car will arrive before 2015 (at least), except the XA Alpha, which if rumors are anything to go by, will be launched in the second half of 2014.
none of them are coming before 2015.
Infact the Honda dealer said it would come by the end of 2015.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 09:05   #6294
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion TSIched'Out, will pay them a visit tomorrow.

I received these details from the ford dealer and it seems like the insurance is on the higher side, also they added the reverse camera to the list without even asking me.

Eco-Sport 1.5 Titanium A/T
Ex-Showroom = 908349.00
Insurance with Zero Dep. = 39346.00
Registration Delhi = 68543.00
Handling charges = 6250.00
Essential Kit = 4500.00
Body care = 8500.00
Park RPS with Camera = 24645.00
Grand Total = 1060133.00
Extended Warranty = 11380.00
Pay them for only what you need and don't give into their black-mail. Now that Ford has billed them the car for you, you call the shots. Politely remind them that you have spoke to Ford Customer care and are willing to do a conference call with dealer if there are any issues.

For example, you can get insurance done for as low as 20k from HDFC Ergo. Also, need not pay for the other accessories like Camera, Body care, or even extended warranty for that matter. Handling charges though illegal, you might have to still pay.
Old 15th January 2014, 09:48   #6295
Team-BHP Support

One of the BHPians from Siliguri who drives an EcoSport has done a longish road trip. The car went from W.B to Nepal, via Nepal, he surfaced at the UP border and came via Bihar.

He was all praises for his car. Met him at the Ford ASC. Would request him to share details

Thanks
Old 15th January 2014, 12:37   #6296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi blacksport,

It is Metro Ford, St. Marks Road. They are behaving very coldly and indifferently. Even today, I spoke to their sales manager and she (with me on the line asked the SA about the status of my booking and that ruthless chap, said 1 year from the date of booking, and she told me the same). when I told them that Ford India has assured me the delivery in Feb, she said take this up with Ford as I can't help you on this.

The colour I had opted for is Diamond white.

I feel very miserable and frustrated at this very "I don't give 2 hoots" attitude of Ford and its dealers.

Will it help if I write to write2md@ford.com and/or to the GM Metro Ford?

Thanks.

But how to do that when they say you will get your car after an year of waiting from the date of booking? Please advice blacksport as I really want the car in Feb or March.
With a dealer who is unwilling to co-operate nor to fight, you are in a precarious situation. You need to find out where you stand in the queue. You need to find out why your delivery is taking so long. Whether it is the variant (titanium O), or the color (white has high demand). Writing to write2md hasn't helped me a bit, but has helped numerous others in the forum. What helped me is a bitter fight with the dealer. But to fight, you have to have a basis to believe that they are cheating/bypassing you. For that you need numbers.

I think Ford is right in their estimate. Assuming that the dealer isn't cheating, you should get the car in the time frame Ford promised.
Old 15th January 2014, 15:22   #6297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
One of the BHPians from Siliguri who drives an EcoSport has done a longish road trip. The car went from W.B to Nepal, via Nepal, he surfaced at the UP border and came via Bihar.

He was all praises for his car. Met him at the Ford ASC. Would request him to share details

Thanks
Thank you
Would you share the handle of that bhpian?
Old 15th January 2014, 15:49   #6298
BHPian

Question to my fellow ecosport owners:

I know that the fuel tank capacity of ecosport is 52 liters. However whenever I go for a full tank (with MID reading 8-10 more kms left), I can get only 46-47 liters. Does this mean that the MID is faulty?
Old 15th January 2014, 16:59   #6299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Question to my fellow ecosport owners:

I know that the fuel tank capacity of ecosport is 52 liters. However whenever I go for a full tank (with MID reading 8-10 more kms left), I can get only 46-47 liters. Does this mean that the MID is faulty?
It doest mean the MID is faulty, for that you have to a full tank to full tank method.

The other difference between 52 and 47 is never consumed .
Old 15th January 2014, 17:37   #6300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majic View Post
However the return trip i got only 20Km ( with AC) as i had to encounter traffic on the Kerala side.
I like the use of "ONLY" before 20kmpl. Seriously, you are averaging 20kmpl across the trip which is damn good. Did you have any fun or were you glued to the real time indicator? It can get very distracting sometimes.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks