Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2014, 20:22   #6301
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I like the use of "ONLY" before 20kmpl. Seriously, you are averaging 20kmpl across the trip which is damn good. Did you have any fun or were you glued to the real time indicator? It can get very distracting sometimes.
Yes Nilesh at times it gets addictive. After some time i had to delebirately keep myself from having a look at it. However encountering the traffic in Kerala, i stopped looking at it.
Old 15th January 2014, 22:15   #6302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post

And rattles have started, pretty loud on the passenger side with no clue on where the noise comes from. Checked the sun visor, seat belt buckle, emptied the sun-glass holder, no bottles-keys-coins etc but refuses to die down...
Let us know if you have resolved this issue? I am facing the same, I have narrowed it down to the left door panel.
Need to verify it by asking the co-passenger to hold it down tightly and see if it vanishes.
Old 16th January 2014, 00:03   #6303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Hi All,

Frustrated by Ford's behaviour even after 7 months, decided to finally cancel my EcoSport AT booking, went to Riddhi Ford, New Delhi 4 days ago and argued with them about the state of things and completed the formalities for cancellation and was promised full Rs.50K refund without any deductions.
(all this happened after at least 20 mails to ford india CC and Riddhi ford)
Good for you mate.
I too am in a similar predicament.
Did you get the VIN number ?
For me, the car has been allotted by Ford, but yet to receive the VIN Number.

Last edited by bblost : 16th January 2014 at 00:29.
Old 16th January 2014, 10:32   #6304
BHPian

Good morning everybody,

Wish to inform you that I have taken delivery of my car this month on 3rd. The dealer had informed me that the car has come in December but I took the delivery only in January. Was happy to know from the vin number that the car was manufactured in December itself. I had booked my car on July 3rd and the dealer had given a commitment that they will provide the car in three months. The moment three months was over, I booked a complaint with the ford customer care. I made them raise a complaint number. It was strange to notice that ford did all the followups and they used to update me about the delivery date. And their updates were true and they delivered in the promised time. They kept coordinating with the dealer as well as with me. Finally when the allocation came, they allocated a vin number in my name and the dealer could not give my car to somebody else. The dealer informed that the car has come in my name itself. So I could take delivery of the car. I believe many friends here are still awaiting delivery of their cars booked in June. I suggest you follow the above procedure to get your car. Just make sure that you do correct followups with the customer care. In my case, I even had follow ups from ford factory in chennai. I just escaped the second price hike.

I had taken a long drive in my car. I went from Coimbatore to Trivandrum and back. Covered around more than 750 Kms. I seriously tell you guys, this car is really amazing and I am really shocked by the way the car breezed through different places and situations. It had a sprint in its feet and it was exhilarating in its ride. I did not feel any tiredness nor my co passengers complained. Sometimes, We did not even take a break in four hours. Such was the car performance. I am so happy with the car except for the small thud that comes with the suspension when we go a bit fast over the speed breakers. But this thud does not come when you go really slow over the speed breakers. Overall it's a super car and it gives you so much confidence while driving. The ride may be a bit stiff but the overall performance with all the features that the car has, it's was just worth the wait.

Guys just one doubt, I am getting a mileage of 15.6 to 16 in the entire trip. Is it normal tills the engine sets in. I never once went beyond 80 kmph. How do I increase my mileage?
lovesujay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 11:06   #6305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Let us know if you have resolved this issue? I am facing the same, I have narrowed it down to the left door panel.
Need to verify it by asking the co-passenger to hold it down tightly and see if it vanishes.
Nope. Sent the car twice so far but these guys give ridiculous answers. Will take the car myself now when i get a chance and make them fix it.

I think its the window glass that is the cause of the rattle.
Old 16th January 2014, 14:23   #6306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbranded View Post
Good for you mate.
I too am in a similar predicament.
Did you get the VIN number ?
For me, the car has been allotted by Ford, but yet to receive the VIN Number.
Same here Unbranded, the dealership is saying that ford has allocated the car to me but they are not giving the VIN number, don't know what to do about it.

Just waiting for them to share some information at least.
Old 16th January 2014, 23:04   #6307
BHPian

Ford can't supply enough cars-

Quote:
With bookings of India's top selling mini sports utility vehicle (SUV) EcoSport still closed and deliveries getting stretched to up to eight months helpless Ford dealers are asking customers to either cancel bookings or switch to any of the other four models the company offers.
Quote:
Presently only the diesel variant of the EcoSport is open for bookings while the two petrol models (1.5 and 1 litre) are out of reach.
Quote:
While domestic demand has hit the roof Ford India has not gone slow on exports. As per the Society of Indian Automobile data, one in every five units of the SUV produced is exported. Of the 45,727 odd units of the mini SUV produced till December, Ford exported 9,647 units.
Full article-
http://www.business-standard.com/art...1400839_1.html

Last edited by pacman2881 : 16th January 2014 at 23:08.
pacman2881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2014, 23:23   #6308
BHPian

And to refresh memory Ford at the time of ES launch in Goa mocked at other manufacturers by saying they wont create endless waiting period for their product like other companies. On the contrary they have just broken all records of longest waiting periods for a particular car by stretching the delivery periods upto 1yr from the booking period and there is no immediate remedy in sight to this problem as the above posted article mentioned-no petrol version booking available with no slowdown in export quantity and demand at home hitting the roof. What is the way forward and future for FORD and can they remain ignorant of this for long in India?
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 09:48   #6309
Distinguished - BHPian

Source - TAI

TAI member booked his ecosport on 27th June. Being an early booking, the dealer is providing these for free:

1. 3rd year extended warranty
2. 3 yr road side assistance
3. service upto 30000km

Atleast something good being offered for early bookings.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 10:14   #6310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Source - TAI

TAI member booked his ecosport on 27th June. Being an early booking, the dealer is providing these for free:

1. 3rd year extended warranty
2. 3 yr road side assistance
3. service upto 30000km

Atleast something good being offered for early bookings.
Hi Naveen ,

What is TAI and which dealer has given this offer?

I did not get any offer inspite of being the first to book and the first one to get delivery all across india

My car was delivered at 2 pm on 26th June 2013

Last edited by ecosport rules : 18th January 2014 at 10:18.
Old 18th January 2014, 10:17   #6311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi Naveen ,

Which dealer has given this offer?

I did not get any offer inspite of being the first to book and get delivery all across india

Dont know which dealer but its in Delhi. I think you got it wrong. This guy still didnt get his vehicle. In spite of being an early booking and going over 2 price hikes, they are offering this.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2014, 10:17   #6312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Hi Naveen ,

Which dealer has given this offer?

I did not get any offer inspite of being the first to book and get delivery all across india

Hi ecosport rules,

These offers are provided because this customer had booked his car before the two price hikes and he/she still hasn't gotten the delivery before the 2nd price hike.

Cheers.
pc1686 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 09:07   #6313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
The sad part in Ford is that service centers (just like sales offices) have little fear of Ford management as there is no one who jumps onto customer issues in Ford.
Really a brand which does not want to make big, even with such a nice product that too first in the market.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2014, 09:56   #6314
Senior - BHPian

So driven down the 2 lane highways and the FE is 1117 km(actual ODO reading) by 52 litre = 21 kmpl.

Not bad for the run-in period, eh?

And for the bad part, there's the real seat squeaking with suspension action- not the seat actually but from the clamp which attaches the seat to the body. This is only when the rear seat is occupied.
Old 19th January 2014, 10:17   #6315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
So driven down the 2 lane highways and the FE is 1117 km(actual ODO reading) by 52 litre = 21 kmpl.
The range of a tankful is the best part. The big SUVs with big tanks (few at 75 litres) don't even come close to Ecosport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks