Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:02   #6346
BHPian

Teflon Coating and Under Chassis coating?

Hi,

I am going to take the delivery of my diamond white EcoSport in a week. Are Teflon coating and under chassis coating recommended? What are the benefits etc?

Ford dealer has quoted 5500 INR for Teflon coating and 5000 INR for under chassis coating?

Thanks.
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:01   #6347
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Teflon Coating and Under Chassis coating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi,

I am going to take the delivery of my diamond white EcoSport in a week. Are Teflon coating and under chassis coating recommended? What are the benefits etc?

Ford dealer has quoted 5500 INR for Teflon coating and 5000 INR for under chassis coating?

Thanks.
I would recommend you to get this done outside(3M being the most recommended place). I got paint sealant and under body coating from 3M for around 7k. Paint sealant enhances the paint finish over a period of time and underbody is basically used to prevent rust (people usually recommend this for places near coastal areas) and sound insulation.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:13   #6348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I would recommend you to get this done outside(3M being the most recommended place). I got paint sealant and under body coating from 3M for around 7k. Paint sealant enhances the paint finish over a period of time and underbody is basically used to prevent rust (people usually recommend this for places near coastal areas) and sound insulation.
Thanks a lot for the inputs, naveen.raju.

I have read a few times on this forum that paint sealant on white colour leaves a yellowish tinge (maybe with time), what's your take on that?

Do you recommend it for my Diamond White EcoSport?
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:50   #6349
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
Underbody 3M Schutz gold is best.
Paint sealant also from 3M and ecosport is categorised under mid segment.

Happy motoring.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 23rd January 2014 at 12:51.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:01   #6350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the inputs, naveen.raju.

I have read a few times on this forum that paint sealant on white colour leaves a yellowish tinge (maybe with time), what's your take on that?

Do you recommend it for my Diamond White EcoSport?
That isnt the paint sealant, it's the protection film that many applied on ORVM, door edges and handles. I have the films on the OVRMs and yes, there is a slight yellowish effect on it. Also the edges will accumulate dirt. But highly recommended to avoid scratches.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:52   #6351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemmmer View Post
My apologies. I somehow messed the attachments and my post must have been moderated. I am attaching the photos once again. Hopefully this time they will be visible.
Nice pictures hemmmer.
Congratulations one again.
Are you enjoying the new enhanced lighting?
Its a breeze to drive at night on highways.

Quote:
That isnt the paint sealant, it's the protection film that many applied on ORVM, door edges and handles. I have the films on the OVRMs and yes, there is a slight yellowish effect on it. Also the edges will accumulate dirt. But highly recommended to avoid scratches.
with you naveen on the yellowing of PPF.
But it is a problem only for white cars,any other colour you are ok
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:53   #6352
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks naveen.raju. Just spoke to Mr. Sidhu of 3M car care HSR Layout (this particular outlet has got rave reviews on this forum), he recommended the under chassis treatment and said that if it is a non-metallic colour, (which I think Diamond White is) paint sealant is not required. According to him, this can be done before the rainy season. I am impressed at his honest recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Underbody 3M Schutz gold is best.
Paint sealant also from 3M and ecosport is categorised under mid segment.

Happy motoring.
Will definitely get the underbody protection done from 3M

Quote:
Also Mr. Sidhu advised against this PPM film saying that if it is a non-metallic white colour, repairs (if at all, later) will cost you must less than the PPF
Old 23rd January 2014, 19:27   #6353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
I booked my Ecosport AT on 2nd July 2013 and getting the delivery this week.

I got quotes for insurance from different providers, looks like HDFC Argo is a good choice, let me know if other members feel otherwise.

Attachment 1195144
From where did you get the quote? I mean, did you call the customer service of HDFC Ergo? I am clueless as to whom to contact and how to go about buying the insurance on my own. Please give me some inputs.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
Update:

Got a confirmation call from ford chennai about my allotment of Ecosport Automatic (Mars Red).

Confirmed with my dealer and he says that they will deliver my car this week.

Going to the dealership (Riddhi Ford, New Delhi) tomorrow to do all the formalities for the loan.

Although neither ford nor the dealership has told me the VIN number inspite of me asking them again and again.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Since you had booked your car before the 1st price hike, are you getting the 3rd and 4th year Extended warranty and RSA (free of cost) from Ford? A couple of people on teambhp have got calls from Ford offering the same.
Old 23rd January 2014, 21:01   #6354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From where did you get the quote? I mean, did you call the customer service of HDFC Ergo? I am clueless as to whom to contact and how to go about buying the insurance on my own. Please give me some inputs...
1. You could go to the vendors' website & register there requesting a call. Rest assured some people call back in as less as 30 mins of your registering. Try to get the policy from the same vendor as the one who deals with your vehicle dealer. This way they (Ford) can NOT deny you any benefits.

Bharati AXA, HDFC, TATA AIG, Bajaj Alliance, SBI etc

2. Try online sites - www.policybazaar.com should be a good place to start.

Note:: Whoever you take the policy from, please have a detailed check on the IDV mentioned. Some people are crooked enough to reduce the premium amount by reducing the IDV value to an undesirable extent. For a brand new vehicle, IDV should be 95% of the ex showroom value; NOTHING lesser and every year afterwards, ~15% lesser than the previous year.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd January 2014 at 21:03.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 17:46   #6355
BHPian

A question to the owners who own EcoSport, members who test drove EcoSport and several other cars. Is there any other car which provides the sound insulation like EcoSport? I just love how EcoSport and new Fiesta filters the traffic noise. Now that I have to wait till Dec 2014 for EcoSport and no insight when Fiesta 2014 will be announced, I'm trying to evaluate other options.

I've test driven Amaze, Grand i10 and Punto, nothing comes close to EcoSport.

Please help
Old 24th January 2014, 18:00   #6356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple View Post
A question to the owners who own EcoSport, members who test drove EcoSport and several other cars. Is there any other car which provides the sound insulation like EcoSport?
You can try Polo GT TSI (available in AT only though), good noise insulation, nice build quality and pleasure to drive.
Or keep troubling your SA and Ford Customer care by calling/writing emails, you may get lucky.
Cheers.
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 18:07   #6357
BHPian

Free 3rd and 4th year Extended Warranty and RSA

Hello everyone,

My EcoSport booked before the 1st price hike is expected to be delivered sometime next week.

Few people have reported that Ford has offered them free RSA and extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year since they have faced 2 price hikes after booking the car.

I request your valuable inputs on this and also if you or someone you know have got any such offer/promise from Ford. Dealer is asking 16K for 3rd and 4th year RSA and extended warranty

Thanks.
Old 24th January 2014, 18:09   #6358
BHPian

Guys! I need an opinion on this.

A couple of my friends have bought the Ecosport diesel & are pretty much happy with it, except the slow performance of the diesel engine.

However, One who owns the Titanium (O) with 6 airbags says that its really uncomfortable for his family members , esp. his Dad & child , as there are no grab Handles, .

Whereas, the other having the Titanium , with 2 airbags is having no such problems.

They advised me to book titanium & not Titanium (o).

Any Opinions?
Old 24th January 2014, 18:14   #6359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Whereas, the other having the Titanium , with 2 airbags is having no such problems.

They advised me to book titanium & not Titanium (o).

Any Opinions?
I agree. Everyone who has sat in my Ecosport has complained about the lack of grab rails. Uncle who visited me was annoyed everytime he sat in my car as his hand would go towards the grab rail only to find nothing.

The airbags are really good when it comes to safety but it's your choice. 4 additional airbags vs grab rails. Other features like leather and start/stop button should not be the deciding factor.

If you have passengers in the car a lot of times and if they are elders the Titanium makes sense.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2014, 08:41   #6360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
However, One who owns the Titanium (O) with 6 airbags says that its really uncomfortable for his family members , esp. his Dad & child , as there are no grab Handles, .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I agree. Everyone who has sat in my Ecosport has complained about the lack of grab rails. Uncle who visited me was annoyed everytime he sat in my car as his hand would go towards the grab rail only to find nothing.

If you have passengers in the car a lot of times and if they are elders the Titanium makes sense.
I've opted for the Titanium (O) for other reasons and lost the grab handles. But that has made it easier for me to ask back seaters to buckle up.

But I agree, the lack of a rear armrest, and the awkward placement of the door handle (i.e. you can't grip it comfortably to keep your position) is a nuisance.

Maybe you could try a test drive with someone (or yourself) in the rear seat buckled up and see how it feels?
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks