Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2014, 16:10   #6436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post

Cannot make out much from the picture. Indicates that damage is not easily noticeable. I suggest live with it. If you keep on repairing every dent of your car, you are preparing for another EMI. Well, almost.
Yeah seems like its better to live with it. But the prices for those chrome bits are equivalent to those of made in silver for sure.
Old 31st January 2014, 16:33   #6437
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Got a taste of Ford spares cost today. Someone banged into my house gate which in turn hit the back of my parked car. The dummy tail light assembly has broken a bit and there is also a dent.
The SA told that the entire rear has to be repainted and all the logos reattached. The approximate costs quoted are as follows
1> Left side tail light assembly(The dummy reflector without bulb) -- 2400
2> Titanium Logo -- 1700
3> Ecosport logo -- 2000
4> TDCI Logo -- 400
5> Ford Logo --1000+
6> Painting of back panel 4000

Its totalling to around 13-14 thousand. He also said that dry dent removal cant be done as the gauge of the metal is too thick.
Even though I have a zero dep Insurance I am worried about the fit and finish of things of the repair work and also the potential harassment of the car by the technicians for a week at garage.
BHPians, Please advise.
Sorry if I understood wrong, did all the logos break beyond use, or the costs you mentioned above are for the special ford branded glue?

If the logos are so expensive, i am hereby putting up my logos on sale. I can have a cool 5K and my car would get the de-badged look.

BTW, I suggest you get a quote from outside before proceeding.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 16:44   #6438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Sorry if I understood wrong, did all the logos break beyond use, or the costs you mentioned above are for the special ford branded glue?

If the logos are so expensive, i am hereby putting up my logos on sale. I can have a cool 5K and my car would get the de-badged look.

BTW, I suggest you get a quote from outside before proceeding.
There is no other damage other than that dent. According to them they need to repaint the entire back door and once the logos are removed it cant be put back as it does not hold tight like first time. Yes I will take a quote from a local garage.
Old 31st January 2014, 18:36   #6439
BHPian

Quote:
Its totalling to around 13-14 thousand. He also said that dry dent removal cant be done as the gauge of the metal is too thick.
Even though I have a zero dep Insurance I am worried about the fit and finish of things of the repair work and also the potential harassment of the car by the technicians for a week at garage.
BHPians, Please advise.
The logos and those kind of stuff are costly; its not just with Ford. Which service centre is this? I have had experience with Metro Ford's body shop and they did a good work on my Figo, must say on par with the factory finish. Back then they did have some offer of panel painting for Rs 2700/- for the Figo and Fiesta.
Old 31st January 2014, 20:36   #6440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a taste of Ford spares cost today. Someone banged into my house gate which in turn hit the back of my parked car. The dummy tail light assembly has broken a bit and there is also a dent.
BHPians, Please advise.
Quote:
Yeah seems like its better to live with it. But the prices for those chrome bits are equivalent to those of made in silver for sure.
Quote:
There is no other damage other than that dent. According to them they need to repaint the entire back door and once the logos are removed it cant be put back as it does not hold tight like first time. Yes I will take a quote from a local garage.
Hey Sunil ,

I am sorry to hear about your small mishap.

There is no need to change any logos.
All of them can be removed carefully and reattached with new 3M tape.

I have removed the Ecosport logo as I got a bigger one for the spare wheel cover and two ecosport logos were not looking fine.
Will post the picture.

Personally I feel the dent should be taken care off
You can also only paint the corner (fade out method)or full panel
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140131wa0033.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 07:28   #6441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Without turning on the ignition, the audio shows "1 hour mode". Even though I havent tested it, I have a feeling that the audio will turn off after an hour working without the keys. Checked the manual but not mentioned anywhere so I'm a bit confused with this.

I have tried this 1 hour mode on the Sync and yes, it turns off after an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Ecoboost owners, here's a question:

I see that even after a very short run (0.5 to 1KM) the cooling fan starts to operate. Is that normal? Have you seen that happening in yours?
This cooling fan is for the ACC. Once it so happened after a longish drive I turned off the engine with the ACC on but the cooling fan did not shut off. Then had to put ignition in on condition and then turn off again.

Another thing I noticed is that the mobile car charger continues to run in the 12V slot even after the ignition is off and the car is locked. Not sure if it gets turned off after an hour or so. So warning to all users of car chargers, please unplug before you leave the vehicle.

Last edited by srinath34 : 1st February 2014 at 07:29.
Old 1st February 2014, 12:03   #6442
Senior - BHPian

I had booked a Ford Eco Sport ( TDCI Titanium +) on June 26 and cancelled it in September when Ford decided to increase the price of the car without offering a price protection for the cars that had already been booked. Since September 2013 there has been another round of price increase.

I was therefore surprised to receive a mail from Ford India that I would be getting the delivery of the car in February 2014 at the price prevailing at the time of the delivery. I was also informed that I had the liberty to shift to any of the other Ford Models.

Well I sure am happy that Mr. Singh is moving ( if the news is true). Under him Ford India has moved backward and frittered away any good will the company had been able to build over the last 3- 4years. While the Eco sport is a good product, Ford India had scored a series of self goals n the last 1 year.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 12:22   #6443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinath34 View Post
Another thing I noticed is that the mobile car charger continues to run in the 12V slot even after the ignition is off and the car is locked. Not sure if it gets turned off after an hour or so. So warning to all users of car chargers, please unplug before you leave the vehicle.

Both the front and rear 12v sockets have continues power to it, irrespective of ignition.
It never switches off.
This feature helps me charge my phone sometimes in my absence (I just leave it on charge and lock the car, phone is fully charged by the time I am back)

I use the rear power for my arm rest cum refrigerator and my front socket for mobile and GPS.
They have been plugged in for 6 months now, never removed them.

The battery never gets discharged, so guys dont worry about unplugging it
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 12:24   #6444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

....Its totalling to around 13-14 thousand. He also said that dry dent removal cant be done as the gauge of the metal is too thick.

Even though I have a zero dep Insurance I am worried about the fit and finish of things of the repair work and also the potential harassment of the car by the technicians for a week at garage...
Could you highlight where is the dent?? (Hope you got the gist). Why do you want to spend money on something which ONLY you can identify as a fault?

Second - what is the harassment you are talking about? It's ONLY about repainting a boot and nothing major like electronics or fiddling with the dash and all.

My take - leave it as it is and save those money.

Edit::
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
The logos and those kind of stuff are costly; its not just with Ford...
Not sure of the rest, the DDiS badge on a Maruti costs Rs. 250/- IIRC.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st February 2014 at 12:27.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 15:48   #6445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Not sure of the rest, the DDiS badge on a Maruti costs Rs. 250/- IIRC.
OT: My take was based on this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-india-44.html
I would be happy to pay <500 for these kind of stuff, nothing more than that.
Old 1st February 2014, 19:03   #6446
BHPian

Update:

Getting delivery of my Mars Red Ecosport AT on tuesday, all formalities done:

Here is the break for you guys :

Ex-Showroom : Rs.908000
Essential kit : Rs. 4500 (mud flaps, floor mats, etc etc)
Body Care : Rs. 8500
Insurance(icici): Rs. 26000
Delhi Reg : Rs. 68298
Handling Chg : Rs. 6250

And finally my Red Beauty (PS: Seeing the Ecosport AT for the first time in-person)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140131_143045.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140131_143115.jpg  

raz0r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 19:19   #6447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought BHPians like to debadge.Just keeping the Ford badge should make it look better.
BTW 4k for entire door painting sounds reasonable.
Old 2nd February 2014, 00:20   #6448
BHPian

Just remembered that, I saw MRF on my Ecosport AT which is supposed to be delivered on tuesday.

Gurus : Suggestions needed for upgrading the stock tyres, stuck between yokos, bridgestones and others.

Car will be primarily used on ok-ok roads 70% of the times and bad roads 30% everyday for a round trip of 20-30KM

Budget : around 2-3K + exchange money

(very excited)
Old 2nd February 2014, 03:30   #6449
BHPian

Took delivery of Ecosport Titanium(O) in white yesterday. The delivery process and PDI went smoothly as expected. After delivery, drove straight to the tyre dealership and swapped the MRFs for Michelin Primacy 3STs. Cost me Rs3,000/tyre which I think is a pretty reasonable price differential.

I'm however facing an issue with respect to accessories. The dealership isn't providing me a printed price list but rather the sales exec wrote the prices down on a paper. They are also not giving prices for accessory packs. When I requested for a printed list I was told that it is their SOP not to have pre-printed price list for accessories. I'm really not sure what to make of this. Don't Ford have a fixed price list for accessories like they have for cars? I'm planning to buy rear wheel cover (Rs12,800) and engine guard (Rs8,500) but have absolutely no idea whether the dealer is offering a fair price. Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
param22k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2014, 03:41   #6450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0r View Post
And finally my Red Beauty (PS: Seeing the Ecosport AT for the first time in-person)
Congratulations raz0r, mars red is a beauty.
Hope you took the teambhp PDI check list along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
Took delivery of Ecosport Titanium(O) in white
I'm planning to buy rear wheel cover (Rs12,800) and engine guard (Rs8,500) but have absolutely no idea whether the dealer is offering a fair price. Would appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks in advance.
Congratulations mate.This is the first time I am congratulating two guys on a single day.
Hope the delivery numbers have gone up.

The rear wheel cover is around 12000 and the engine guard is around 8500.
However you can call a couple of dealers in your city and the neighbouring cities to cross verify the prices

You can also check out my thread on initial ownership regarding any accessory for the Ecosport .

Last edited by ecosport rules : 2nd February 2014 at 03:43.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks