Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2014, 20:57   #6481
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Displayed at the Auto expo,Ford EcoSport with sunroof to be in showrooms soon though the waiting period is another story!
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20140206_143109_814e1391850466837.jpg
Quote:
The EcoSport with a sunroof will be made available to customers in a few months. It will be available only in the top end EcoBoost trim and will be priced around Rs 50,000-60,000 more. Not only this, the EcoSport sunroof model will come with 17-inch rims and blacked out alloys.

Source:Overdrive

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th February 2014 at 21:04.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 01:40   #6482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Displayed at the Auto expo,Ford EcoSport with sunroof to be in showrooms soon though the waiting period is another story!
Attachment 1205636

Source:Overdrive
This could be the 17" alloy in the offering in future. This was on a display vehicle at the expo and as usual Ford was clueless when they would bring this option.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20140207_1046231_20140209013743790.jpg  

Last edited by srinath34 : 9th February 2014 at 01:46.
srinath34 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 08:28   #6483
BHPian

I cannot seem to get my phone navigation voice heard on the sync over Bluetooth through car speakers. Anyone who has done that can explain? only the voice calls are heard. Both media over Bluetooth and voice calls are enabled in the phone Bluetooth settings.
Old 9th February 2014, 11:39   #6484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
I cannot seem to get my phone navigation voice heard on the sync over Bluetooth through car speakers. Anyone who has done that can explain? only the voice calls are heard. Both media over Bluetooth and voice calls are enabled in the phone Bluetooth settings.
Try and check if it helps:
Step 1: Turn off the bluetooth on your cellphone.
Step 2: Increase all the volumes, i.e. ringing, notifications, media etc (should not be in the silent or vibration more)
Step 3: Turn on the bluetooth check if its fixed or not.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 22:22   #6485
BHPian

Guys ,

I am hearing an irritating 'thud' noise from the rear passenger side when car moves over even small uneven roads , nothing related to any visible loose parts , anyone faced such an issue ?
Old 10th February 2014, 10:03   #6486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Guys ,

I am hearing an irritating 'thud' noise from the rear passenger side when car moves over even small uneven roads , nothing related to any visible loose parts , anyone faced such an issue ?
Irritating me also. Looks like is coming from the boot door. Not able to figure out. Haven't looked hard.
Old 10th February 2014, 10:27   #6487
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Guys ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Irritating me also. Looks like is coming from the boot door. Not able to figure out. Haven't looked hard.
Is it more obvious when the wheel goes over small humps at speeds > 20kmph? If so, it could be just the sound of the suspension doing its work. Moderator Vid6639 has given a brief explanation of this in an earlier post (link below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3320114

I experience the same in my Vento. I believe the root cause is the same.
Old 10th February 2014, 10:41   #6488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Is it more obvious when the wheel goes over small humps at speeds > 20kmph? If so, it could be just the sound of the suspension doing its work. Moderator Vid6639 has given a brief explanation of this in an earlier post (link below)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3320114

I experience the same in my Vento. I believe the root cause is the same.
Its definitely not suspension. It is some loose part playing. Sound is from inside the car.
Old 10th February 2014, 10:51   #6489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its definitely not suspension. It is some loose part playing. Sound is from inside the car.
Is the sound like your spare tyre is loose (in cars with a spare in boot), you go a bit fast over undulating roads and a muted thud comes from behind as if something is loose?

If yes, then its just the suspension working and this sound comes in cars with a stiffer set up, it comes in my Vento and Rapid, in Ecosport as well but in ecosport its way muted.
Old 10th February 2014, 15:02   #6490
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

Whenever I switch to the windscreen vents to de-mist it, the AC starts automatically but the AC light doesn't show it. I can hear the AC working. I don't want the AC to turn on when I'm de-misting the windscreen.

Suggestions and solutions
Old 10th February 2014, 16:05   #6491
Senior - BHPian

@the13thtee: Actually, the fastest way to demist a windscreen is to (a) turn on AC (cold), (b) move the selector to defog & (c) ensure that "recirculate" is switched off.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 16:18   #6492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
@the13thtee: Actually, the fastest way to demist a windscreen is to (a) turn on AC (cold), (b) move the selector to defog & (c) ensure that "recirculate" is switched off.
So the AC needs to be ON all the time, right? My concern was if it was possible to de-mist the windscreen without switching on the AC, because normally, in winters I don't travel with the AC turned on.
Old 10th February 2014, 17:50   #6493
BHPian

Quote:
if it is from suspension , then the sound should come from the other side ( driver rear side ) as well which is not the case here , also i noticed this when i gave the car for first service , but then it was very inconsistent in nature and service center couldn't find the issue then. However from past 2 weeks it is nothing less than irritating

Thanks,
Ranjith
Old 10th February 2014, 17:56   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
Me too facing this with on my iPhone+ google maps.
Seems like with sync on voice navigation doesn't work.
Old 10th February 2014, 23:06   #6495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 View Post
Took delivery of my Diamond White Titanium optional model today after a wait of exactly 7 months. I had booked this on 27th of June from Metro Ford Bangalore.
Here are my initial impressions after driving about 300 KM in Bangalore city. For your reference, mine is 1.5 Diesel titanium optional variant.

Let me list down a few irritants first.

1) First irritant was reflection of the dash board in the mornings. However, it is not that bad and now I am accustomed to that.

2) Some how I feel steering is not so nice to hold. This may be due to the not so premium quality of the wrap material used.

3) Bluetooth pairing goes off some times. It happens mostly when I switch the engine off at traffic lights

4) It took a while for me to get familiar with the accent required for sync to understand contact names. I think I learned the trick now.

5) The door require some force to close. It require such a force that while closing the rear door, the tails lights also vibrates. I hope this will not have any problem later on.

6) The gear shift is a bit notchy while shifting from 2nd to 3rd. I should get this checked during first service

Now coming to the good aspects

1) With relatively lesser turbo lag, learning to drive diesel car was easier than expected (I was driving a Baleno previously)

2) Steering is very light. Though it may be a problem at higher speeds, I sort of started liking this in the daily drive

3) I had a problem with my the antenna touching the basement roof. I removed it and now I find that I can manage without an antenna throughout my normal driving route

4) The stereo is indeed one of the best OEM devices available in all cars

5) Ease of ingress and egress is some thing I really appreciate now

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...ff%20Topic.gif Since I kept my Baleno and drive it as well, the real issue for me is that every time I need to put indicator, I need to think which lever to use. As you may know indicators are on left side for Ecosports where are it is on right for most (all?) Maruti vehicles.
n_ramesh99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks