Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2014, 10:55   #6541
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Good Morning Guys,
Huge fan of Ecosport and have been following this page and Ownership reviews for months .
Here the story goes....Walked into one of the Ford showroom in Bangalore to check on the status of the all new 2014 fiesta as there was no bookings for ecosport,SA had no idea of the fiesta and while chatting i casually queried when the next bookings might open for the ecosport and got the same ans as no Idea Saar!!!. But he checked with me what was i looking for and my instant reply was Automatic .here comes the shocker .....Sir we don't have an automatic but a titanium petrol and a trend petrol is available with white ,silver and black and can be delivered by end of this month and all 2014 models.
well I booked the black 1.5 titanium with 50 k and loan docs in process , if that is cleared delivery by next week Wednesday or max Friday.
Now the cost
on road price inclusive insurance ,warranty,stnd fitments etc....1020037.
now the catch ....1 lakh of accessories should be purchased from the dealer itself....well i was one in hurry so got it down to 40 k of accessories that is MapymyIndia ,Rear spoilers and Spare wheel cover.

VIN- MAJAXXMRKAEL17546 ( please help me on this ,what year and month ?)

There is 2 more cars available ,inbox me for details on the dealer and SA.
Old 14th February 2014, 20:36   #6542
BHPian

Hi shiv,

Pm me the details - when I tried pm ing you, it does not allow stating you have chosen not to receive private messages.
Old 14th February 2014, 21:47   #6543
BHPian

Are bookings on for the Ecosport in Delhi/Gurgaon? Though the car is out of my budget, I could just as well stretch it if I could get a Titanium/ Titanium+Option. Can't really be a chooser for the choice of fuel and transmission in this market, it seems!
I am not at all hopeful of a delivery by June despite an early booking. In which case, I would surf the market later for a car in 5-7L budget when I would be buying one later in June this year.

Last edited by akshay87kumar : 14th February 2014 at 21:53.
Old 15th February 2014, 00:24   #6544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Good Morning Guys,
Huge fan of Ecosport and have been following this page and Ownership reviews for months .
Here the story goes....Walked into one of the Ford showroom in Bangalore to check on the status of the all new 2014 fiesta as there was no bookings for ecosport,SA had no idea of the fiesta and while chatting i casually queried when the next bookings might open for the ecosport and got the same ans as no Idea Saar!!!. But he checked with me what was i looking for and my instant reply was Automatic .here comes the shocker .....Sir we don't have an automatic but a titanium petrol and a trend petrol is available with white ,silver and black and can be delivered by end of this month and all 2014 models.
well I booked the black 1.5 titanium with 50 k and loan docs in process , if that is cleared delivery by next week Wednesday or max Friday.
Now the cost
now the catch ....1 lakh of accessories should be purchased from the dealer itself....well i was one in hurry so got it down to 40 k of accessories that is MapymyIndia ,Rear spoilers and Spare wheel cover.

This is a January 2014 vehicle as EL suggests. even I got an EL 2014 car. you can figure out by the vin decoder but its confirmed. The reason you got this car is because ford has discouraged most people to quit taking the petrol car through asking the dealer to prolong the delivery etc. Or talking to the customer and telling them about mileage. I got to know that petrol production is discouraged as most petrol car are meant for export. Ford gets to sell each car at approximately 2 times the money in Europe. Why would it want to sell us the same car at so much of a loss. This is even more true for an automatic petrol the demand of which is almost majority of the European sales.In fact the automatic version sold here is probably sold at a loss as per the dealer considering the features available. So the cars you are getting are from the customers who changed their booking over to diesel via the dealer and ford had probably already dispatched the cars. Think about getting the rearview camera spoiler and one more accessory combo instead of map my india which is not car specific. you can get better gps models for lesser price.
Old 15th February 2014, 06:52   #6545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Good Morning Guys,
Now the cost

I think it is sad that while people who booked months ago are waiting endlessly, the dealers are selling vehicles to other customers and earning a premium. Why blame the dealers alone for corruption when we encourage them.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 11:54   #6546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
I think it is sad that while people who booked months ago are waiting endlessly, the dealers are selling vehicles to other customers and earning a premium. Why blame the dealers alone for corruption when we encourage them.
True, in the long run it would hurt Ford. Disgruntled customers usually never again visit that showroom or would shunt that Brand for ever.
Old 15th February 2014, 12:45   #6547
BHPian

One thing to share for those going for the 1st service. If you've taken the body care package from the dealer (Teflon + 3M Under Body Protection) you need to go to the same dealer (Agency) to get the 2nd Teflon Coat done. A different dealer will no doubt do the service, or even the 3M Under Body Check-up, but won't do the Teflon Coat. So, prefer going to the same dealer (may have more than 1 workshop) for the service.
Old 15th February 2014, 14:44   #6548
BHPian

There are two Ford dealers in my city: Ganges Ford and Kaikan Ford.
Here are my experience of both the dealerships:

Ganges Ford
  • Waiting period for diesel versions was quoted to be 6 months.
  • They didn't want me to consider petrol models due to high waiting periods.
  • Had titanium and trend trim on display.
  • Sales girl explained all the features and let us do TD on same day.
  • Only titanium trim was available for TD.
  • They wont sell the car without their overpriced insurance and body care package.
  • Booking amount is 50k and one must pay 3k penalty for cancellation.
  • My friend booked a petrol ecosport last year from them and after 5months waiting as promised initially, they couldn't deliver the car. Instead they wanted him to wait 2 more months and get a diesel. When he wanted to cancel the booking, they demanded 3k penalty. After some discussion they refunded him the full booking amount. He went ahead and got Linea.
  • After i told them i need this car within 3 months, they were pushing me to buy fiesta base diesel @9L which has more features including airbags.
Kaikan Ford
  • No discounts and pricing similar to Ganges ford.
  • However the waiting period was quoted to be 5 months.
  • Only Titanium trim on display. Same day TD was not available.
  • After they heard i already took quote from Ganges, they started to tell stories how people waited endlessly for car booked there and ultimately got it from them.
  • When they understood the waiting period is not upto my expectation they started to push me figo. That sales guy tried hard to convince me how good it is. It was so irritating for me as i have come to purchase a car of different segment and he is forcefully showing me something else. I agree figo is a great car but if i wanted to take a hatch i can easily go for Polo GT or Punto 90HP as my budget permits.
Here is the OTR pricing in Calcutta as of Jan 14
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport001.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2014, 22:56   #6549
BHPian

Hi ,

Can someone confirm whether the electrically adjustable Knob on the ecosport is back-lit or not ?

Thanks,
Ranjith
Old 16th February 2014, 09:54   #6550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Hi ,

Can someone confirm whether the electrically adjustable Knob on the ecosport is back-lit or not ?

Thanks,
Ranjith
Are you talking about the ORVM adjuster?
If yes, then it is not back lit
Old 16th February 2014, 11:30   #6551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules
Are you talking about the ORVM adjuster? If yes, then it is not back lit
yes sir !

Wonder why these things gets eliminated :(
Old 17th February 2014, 11:13   #6552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Can you give Harpreet Ford - Dilshad Garden a try? The GM Sales over there, Mr. Praveen Sharma, is a most helpful and customer-centric guy, and he always treated me fairly. He mostly has a decent sales team, although a couple of blokes are quite arrogant.
Thanks for the suggestion. But yesterday I have gone ahead and booked the City VX model in petrol.
Old 17th February 2014, 13:14   #6553
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,

I'm not able to find a 5 volt, 1.2 Ampere Car Charger for my Nexus 4 anywhere. Please share if anybody has installed one in his car.

Cheers !
Old 17th February 2014, 13:51   #6554
BHPian

Cars, SUVs, two—wheelers to cost less on excise duty reduction

EXCISE DUTY ON CARS REDUCED

“To give relief to the automobile industry, which is registering unprecedented negative growth, I propose to reduce excise duty,” Mr. Chidambaram said.

Excise duty for small cars, scooters, motorcycles and commercial vehicles will come down to 8 per cent from 12 per cent earlier.

SUVs will attract excise duty of 24 per cent as against 30 per cent earlier.

The excise duty cut will be applicable up to June 20, 2014.

I wonder if we shall see any reduction in prices of the Ecosport in the coming few days, and in general for all cars...If yes, folks can either upgrade to the next higher variant within same budget or use the saved money to install some cool accessories in their cars
Old 17th February 2014, 17:20   #6555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
negative growth
How I hate that piece of management-jargon utter nonsense!

Anyway... will prices come down? Or list prices go up?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks