Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2014, 07:23   #6826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshBLR View Post

I thanked the staff and came back home without the new lights. Three cheers to my dealer Metro Ford & Team BHP.
Hi, noticed the matt finish on your EcoSport. Can you share more about it? Sorry if you have mentioned it anywhere in this thread as its difficult to read all of them.
Old 6th April 2014, 08:18   #6827
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Not bright.
Can you please share the picture here.?
I do not have , it was displayed at the accessories counter .As nicely put by Arunblr its just a signature lights and no a DRL.
Old 6th April 2014, 15:38   #6828
BHPian

Quote:
Not bright.
Can you please share the picture here.?
Hey mate,

Are you satisfied with the ones you've installed on your ES? Are they bright enough to be noticed in daylight? You bought them from aliexpress if I'm not wrong. Working great?

Quote:
I thanked the staff and came back home without the new lights. Three cheers to my dealer Metro Ford & Team BHP.
Is this your ES in pictures or somebody's who was getting the DRLs installed? It seems the DRLs are switched off in pictures.

Last edited by the13thtee : 6th April 2014 at 15:51.
Old 6th April 2014, 20:52   #6829

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Hey mate, Are you satisfied with the ones you've installed on your ES? Are they bright enough to be noticed in daylight? You bought them from aliexpress if I'm not wrong. Working great? Is this your ES in pictures or somebody's who was getting the DRLs installed? It seems the DRLs are switched off in pictures.
This is my ES n trust me (swear to god) the Signature lights were ON while I clicked these pics.
Even the Ford guys were shocked to Not see the lights. It was hard to spot them. It looked as good as shining chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi, noticed the matt finish on your EcoSport. Can you share more about it? Sorry if you have mentioned it anywhere in this thread as its difficult to read all of them.
I am glad that you noticed right after I picked up my ES I got it covered with Matt sticker. Every visible inch has been stickered without any cuts. Spent a bomb but surely it's a head turner n only of its kind

Last edited by benbsb29 : 7th April 2014 at 04:52. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts. Plz use the Multi-quote button when replying to more than one post at a time. Thanks.
harshBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 22:40   #6830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey mate,

Are you satisfied with the ones you've installed on your ES? Are they bright enough to be noticed in daylight? You bought them from?.
Yes I am satisfied

Attaching a picture taken in daytime for your reference.
Excuse the quality.Please go through my ownership thread for better pictures.

Headlamp work was done by Srinivas gopal from Satya gopal auto.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140406wa0002.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2014, 23:29   #6831

Quote:
Yes I am satisfied Attaching a picture taken in daytime for your reference. Excuse the quality.Please go through my ownership thread for better pictures. Headlamp work was done by Srinivas gopal from Satya gopal auto.
Definitely the visibility is far superior and much better than the Ford Signature Lights (FSLs)
So just to confirm, "the material was purchased by you from Ali Express and the figment was done by Mr. Srinivas".....!!!
Is that correct? How much did it cost you sir?
Old 7th April 2014, 11:28   #6832
BHPian

Quote:
This is my ES n trust me (swear to god) the Signature lights were ON while I clicked these pics.
Even the Ford guys were shocked to Not see the lights. It was hard to spot them. It looked as good as shining chrome.

I am glad that you noticed right after I picked up my ES I got it covered with Matt sticker. Every visible inch has been stickered without any cuts. Spent a bomb but surely it's a head turner n only of its kind
Thanks for posting this useful information regarding the Signature lights. Was waiting for some feedback on the same, as my dealer had not clue.

The matt finish looks awesome - how damaging was the 'bomb' ?
Also, is it difficult to maintain the matt surface ?
Anoop_SG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 11:48   #6833
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am satisfied

Does this one stay ON without switching the parking lights on?

Also, can somebody tell me whether these so-called DRLs have any advantage than that it enhances the looks? It would look great on my black ecosport, but if that is all, I would like to skip it. Does it make sense to spend 14K for a white streak under the eyes?
Old 7th April 2014, 11:59   #6834
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am satisfied

Looking at the sad responses from fellow bhpians regarding the Signature Headlamps, and going with your satisfaction I believe the aftermarket ones look more feasible and value for money if the connections are done socket to socket, and not to forget the indicator effect that you get with it. I'll get this thing done this weekend and share my bit. Cheers !

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Does this one stay ON without switching the parking lights on?

Also, can somebody tell me whether these so-called DRLs have any advantage than that it enhances the looks? It would look great on my black ecosport, but if that is all, I would like to skip it. Does it make sense to spend 14K for a white streak under the eyes?
Yes, you have to switch on the parking lights all the time for the DRLs and if you’re expecting better visibility you’ll be disappointed but the look you get is priceless, if you love your car you won't stop staring its eyes after you get these installed.

Last edited by the13thtee : 7th April 2014 at 12:05.
Old 7th April 2014, 13:58   #6835
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you have to switch on the parking lights all the time for the DRLs and if you’re expecting better visibility you’ll be disappointed but the look you get is priceless, if you love your car you won't stop staring its eyes after you get these installed.
But it is not that bright at all ,Check Arunblr pic cant believe the FSLs are glowing I mean it looks like a chrome platting, I am totally disappointed .
Old 7th April 2014, 14:13   #6836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
But it is not that bright at all ,Check Arunblr pic cant believe the FSLs are glowing I mean it looks like a chrome platting, I am totally disappointed .
Exactly mate, I'm saying the same thing. I'm not in favor of the Signature Headlamps, instead I prefer the ones "ecosport rules" has installed, said the same thing above.

Cheers !
Old 7th April 2014, 14:50   #6837
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to break into your discussion about the fancy head lights and DRL's, gentlemen, but here is a quick update on my ownership journey with the Ecosport AT.

My Ecosport, at 5000 kms, had developed two niggles:

1. None of the interior lamps were switching off while driving, or after locking the car. While I was able to turn off the front and rear roof mounted lights manually, the Boot lamp was permanently ON.
2. The console surrounding the AT shifter had developed an infrequent rattle. Either over bad roads, or whenever someone's leg would brush against the console, their was a 'tak-tak' sound. Nothing much really, but an irritation.

So, I took the car to Harpreet Ford Sahibabad yesterday morning, to get these fixed. I was promised the car by 1 p.m., but when I went to pick the car up, the staff broke for lunch, and I had to wait for 30 minutes for their lunch break to complete. Nothing wrong with taking a lunch break, but then why commit 1 p.m.?
Anyway, we went for a Road test at 1.45 p.m., and while the problem with the lights had been fixed, the front ceiling lamp cluster wasn't fitted properly. Moreover, the console rattle was still there, just like earlier.

So we drove back to the Service station and they properly fixed the Roof Lamp in a jiffy.
However, the console took another full hour, since they had to open it up again, and re-seat the three constituent parts properly. While I was observing them, I was wondering why there was no rubber beading/rings between those three parts. This time around their efforts were successful, and the rattling completely disappeared.

I got a Rs. 0/- bill for the trouble, and got the car back approximately 2.5 hours later than earlier committed.

Not a bad experience overall, but it could have been better, had they fixed both faults properly in the first go.
The attitude of their Service Manager, Mr. Sandeep Sharma, is excellent, which hopefully should make things easy in future transactions.

Also, FE Update:
Worst - 7.98 kmpl (Average Speed of 18 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres)
Best - 14.91 kmpl (Average Speed of 46 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres)
Average Running cost - Rs. 7.73/- per km.
roy_libran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2014, 15:12   #6838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
So, I took the car to Harpreet Ford Sahibabad yesterday morning, to get these fixed. I got a Rs. 0/- bill for the trouble, and got the car back approximately 2.5 hours later than earlier committed.
Good news, that they resolve the rattles and other issues without charging extra. I've got my ES's 10000 km service due this weekend. I'll be going to Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon. I hope its a good experience too !
Old 7th April 2014, 15:30   #6839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Sorry to break into your discussion about the fancy head lights and DRL's, gentlemen, but here is a quick update on my ownership journey with the Ecosport AT.

Also, FE Update:
Worst - 7.98 kmpl (Average Speed of 18 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres)
Best - 14.91 kmpl (Average Speed of 46 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres)
Average Running cost - Rs. 7.73/- per km.
Hi Roy,
Glad that you could resolve the niggles. I have noticed fuel quality affects my mileage quite a bit. With shell petrol, I get 11km consistently in the city and 15km on highway. If I go for IOC, it falls by a km or more.
Old 7th April 2014, 17:12   #6840
Senior - BHPian

Hmmmm, I always get from IOC. I think I'll also change from next time onwards and see if there is an impact

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks