Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2014, 17:29   #6856

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
I too agree with what roy_libran said above. Flaws notwithstanding, Ecosport is a much superior package than the i20.

But I should salute you for not falling fir the temptation to buy the Ecosport for a 70k premium. What is more important than any worldly pleasure is our integrity.

Of course, no offence meant to people who paid bribes and bought accessories to jump the waiting line.
No, I do not deny what you and roy_libran say. Like I quoted, it still tugs at my heart whenever I see an Ecosport passing by. But, I feel that Ford has messed up everything with it's poor management of an otherwise excellent package. :( Maybe I would have waited, but with the shortcuts being offered to me, I felt that I may probably be waiting forever and that is not worth it.
Old 9th April 2014, 17:32   #6857
Senior - BHPian

All said and done, the Ecosport titanium optional model is worth and is value for money till about 1300000 INR.

Having had the car for 15000km now,it is pure bliss driving it each time.
Infact I bought the Ecosport for primarily highway commutes but I am not able to resist using the car in city too ( I am driving my Honda Civic automatic much lesser now)

No offence to anyone but I have observed that everyone who has owned the car has nice things to say about ecosport.
People who dont own/couldnt own it are not happy with the car's performance. .

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th April 2014 at 17:58.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 20:47   #6858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
....No offence to anyone but I have observed that everyone who has owned the car has nice things to say about ecosport.
People who dont own/couldnt own it are not happy with the car's performance. .
Beautiful perspective I would say! However my perspective is,

People who are happy with Ecosport, buy it and hence say good things about it as it meets their requirements. People who do NOT like it's performance / the package, do NOT buy it as they do NOT find it worth the cash.

Those who cancel Ecosport booking usually end up buying a C Segment sedan / 10L SUV. So where is the "could not own" factor here? Being proud of a product you own is totally understandable & appreciable, but when you stretch it this far, it starts sounding weird & cheap.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 9th April 2014 at 20:49.
swiftnfurious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 21:20   #6859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Those who cancel Ecosport booking usually end up buying a C Segment sedan / 10L SUV. So where is the "could not own" factor here?
Thanks for the appreciation and agree with your perspective too.
What I meant by "could not own" is about waiting periods and I clarified no offense to anyone.

Also everyone is entitled to their opinions and I didnt mean to pull a nerve,so lets leave it at that.

A wise friend, bhpian raveendra recently quoted.

"I wish everyone would show at least tolerance if respect is too much to ask, for brands we donot own".

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th April 2014 at 21:36.
Old 9th April 2014, 23:00   #6860
BANNED

Quote:
Of course, no offence meant to people who paid bribes and bought accessories to jump the waiting line.
I know you haven't meant any offence to anyone here but the above paragraph is a bit overboard for this forum.

'Bribes' - I am sorry but I don't think any of such things happen and do you think the world is clean enough? What made you mention that here?

Quote:
Buddy, I can hint a certain level of sarcasm here. I don't think BHPian 'ecosportrules' has mentioned anything wrong or offending!

Quote:
Those who cancel Ecosport booking usually end up buying a C Segment sedan / 10L SUV. So where is the "could not own" factor here?
That is C segment sedan / 10L SUV is bought without a choice and on a half-heart. There would be MANY on this forum who wanted an EcoSport BUT couldn't wait that long or post that price hike that was announced which again is a very wrong move from Ford. Bad management skills there!

Quote:
Being proud of a product you own is totally understandable & appreciable, but when you stretch it this far, it starts sounding weird & cheap.
Human psychology is to appreciate and tell the world out loud if a commodity is better than its competition which in other words is "Word of mouth!"

This expression has NO limits whatsoever and a person is free to do it anytime and anywhere. Here liking the EcoSport is natural since one owns it and is just publicising that product. I loved the EcoSport but couldn't get it as for its great waiting period else it would have been in the parking place instead of the Ertiga. Same is the case when I wanted the swift (in 2010), it had a horribly long waiting so had to settle for the Ritz. To some extent initially, I didn't bond with the Ritz but later I fell in love with it and started telling the world what gem of a car that is.

Now this word of mouth that is done makes you feel 'weird' and 'cheap'?!

NOTE: This is NOT any kind of personal attack on "blacksport" or "Swiftnfurious" or anyother BHPian. Just a healthy discussion. So please take it in the right spirit.

Thanks,
Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 23:14   #6861
BHPian

Quote:
All said and done, the Ecosport titanium optional model is worth and is value for money till about 1300000 INR.
No way, I paid 11+L for the Titanium, Felt 10 -10.5L was the max anything over that is not VFM. 13L with Cruise control, auto closing ORVM, rear AC vents would make it VFM.
sansvk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 23:35   #6862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
No way, I paid 11+L for the Titanium, Felt 10 -10.5L was the max anything over that is not VFM. 13L with Cruise control, auto closing ORVM, rear AC vents would make it VFM.

I would have loved to have cruise control, Autoclosing ORVMs and may be a sunroof too.
I requested for the same for an extra cost when I pre ordered the vehicle from Ford (they gave me a deaf hearing).

Anyways I am already talking to ford about retrofitting those

Last edited by ecosport rules : 9th April 2014 at 23:36.
Old 10th April 2014, 00:03   #6863
BHPian

Quote:
What I meant by "could not own" is about waiting periods and I clarified no offense to anyone.
I think you have a point here. I had been following the two Ecosport threads in team-bhp from the very start. Somehow after waiting for a long time, people suddenly feel that the Ecosport is not VFM anymore. Their dream car suddenly becomes "a glorified hatch", "just another 4 meter car", etc. There comes a sudden revelation that Amaze/Dzire/Etios had been the car of their dreams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I know you haven't meant any offence to anyone here but the above paragraph is a bit overboard for this forum.

'Bribes' - I am sorry but I don't think any of such things happen and do you think the world is clean enough? What made you mention that here?
Did I go overboard? Perhaps because I was a victim myself. My dealer overlooked my turn in favour of people willing to buy accessory packages, several times before I got mine. So whenever somebody writes in the forum that they got the car in 1/2/3 weeks by buying accessory packages, it hurts. The world is not perfect, but I do try not to contribute to the muck. So I do have a right to air some outrage.

Last edited by blacksport : 10th April 2014 at 00:05.
blacksport is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 00:18   #6864
BHPian

Quote:
I would have loved to have cruise control, Autoclosing ORVMs and may be a sunroof too.
Speaking of sunroof, does anybody have experience in installing the Webasto ones? Does it void the warranty or anything as such ? I saw many international variants with a sunroof, wonder if they will ever hit India anytime soon. Chevy Beat has sunroof as an official accessory. However when i showed my interest to the dealer, he kept shying away from installing it saying nobody from Calcutta have ever done it, need to bring technicians from Delhi, rainwater may seep in etc etc. Wonder what's the point in making it a official accessory
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 00:18   #6865
BANNED

Quote:
Their dream car suddenly becomes "a glorified hatch", "just another 4 meter car", etc. There comes a sudden revelation that Amaze/Dzire/Etios had been the car of their dreams.
I agree and yes I have seen many cases that change words store dying on the situation. Till the situation is in their hands and they are given news saying they will receive the car so all is happy and well but the moment things go negative, the same person who was promoting that car will be demoting it like the world is going to end tomorrow. Nothing much can be done here. True love for a car will never die whether one owns it or no.

Quote:
Did I go overboard? Perhaps because I was a victim myself. My dealer overlooked my turn in favour of people willing to buy accessory packages, several times before I got mine.
I didn't mean to offend you hence I wrote the note in the end.

Here the fault of clearly Ford's to be partial towards a customer who is buying accessories.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 01:45   #6866
Distinguished - BHPian

There were some discussions here about all Ecosport owners being happy with the car. I have owned the Ecosport now for 8 months although I have only been able to drive it for less than 2000 Kms and now I am thinking of selling it. Why? My previous car was a base level Polo Diesel that cost me almost half of the Ecosport. Although it did not have many of the features of the Ecosport Titanium Optional I have now, it was a car built with higher levels of quality, refinement, precision and customer centric design. It had its flaws like poor power and pick up but these were a few that everyone knew about. In every other department, the car shone - the level of thought that went into design of each and every minute element was obvious. With the Ecosport, I see a lot of raw edges, inconsistencies, poor depth of thinking in design. No one would believe if I said I was too spoilt by a base Polo to own an Ecosport afterwards, but this is my honest perspective. Thanks for the time, all!
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 06:57   #6867
Senior - BHPian

^ One ride on the rear bench of a Polo and any notion that it has been professionally designed goes out of the window. My case started with wanting to buy the GT TSI, and then realizing how much better a product the Ecosport was.
To each his own though, although I'd still love to own the GT if they improve it's interior design.
Old 10th April 2014, 08:44   #6868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
There were some discussions here about all Ecosport owners being happy with the car. I have owned the Ecosport now for 8 months although I have only been able to drive it for less than 2000 Kms and now I am thinking of selling it. Why? My previous car was a base level Polo Diesel that cost me almost half of the Ecosport. Although it did not have many of the features of the Ecosport Titanium Optional I have now, it was a car built with higher levels of quality, refinement, precision and customer centric design. It had its flaws like poor power and pick up but these were a few that everyone knew about. In every other department, the car shone - the level of thought that went into design of each and every minute element was obvious. With the Ecosport, I see a lot of raw edges, inconsistencies, poor depth of thinking in design. No one would believe if I said I was too spoilt by a base Polo to own an Ecosport afterwards, but this is my honest perspective. Thanks for the time, all!
Well I also repent my decision to buy a Ford vehicle. I do not mean to hurt anybody but mine is unique case may be.
I have already done 9600 kms. But since I bought, it has a strange intermittent pickup issue.
The ECU captures nothing about this error and hence ford dealers say they can do nothing about it. There is no way to raise my grievience in Ford. Be it their twitter page or the Facebook. They damn care.
Next is to try sending a registered letter to CEO and dealer to get this rectified.
I would like to clarify that when the car does not have this issue it's a wonderful car. Super pickup and great mileage.
But every time this problem comes in I really repent my decision. This would have been Suzuki, Honda or Toyota it would been much easier to get this resolved.
Old 10th April 2014, 09:34   #6869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
^
To each his own though, although I'd still love to own the GT if they improve it's interior design.
If your talking about the space inside the GT then I completely agree with you.
When I showed dad this car as my next car. He sat inside and simply got out telling it's not roomy at all.
While the test drive purposely made him drive so that he doesn't look at the back space. Also told my friend whose car it was strictly not to talk about space.
Also having an Innova as your primary car doesn't help.
Old 10th April 2014, 09:36   #6870
BHPian

Here it would be best if owners listed the good and bad points of the cars they own . This would make us non owners be more informed about those cars . Also I feel non owners must refrain from making too many negative points and observations about cars that they do not own . This will make the forum more pleasant to read . No offence intended to any one and no sarcasim here .
anky is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks