Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2014, 11:06   #6871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Here it would be best if owners listed the good and bad points of the cars they own . This would make us non owners be more informed about those cars . Also I feel non owners must refrain from making too many negative points and observations about cars that they do not own . This will make the forum more pleasant to read . No offence intended to any one and no sarcasim here .
As you rightly said I have detailed the positives and negatives of ecosport on my initial ownership report.

Bottomline is no car or manufacturer is without a flaw and lemons are produced every now and then.
It is only a question of one outweighing the other. (Owner is a better judge than someone who briefly test drives the car)

Last edited by ecosport rules : 10th April 2014 at 11:08.
Old 10th April 2014, 11:20   #6872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Sorry to break into your discussion about the fancy head lights and DRL's, gentlemen, but here is a quick update on my ownership journey with the Ecosport AT.

My Ecosport, at 5000 kms, had developed two niggles:

1. None of the interior lamps were switching off while driving, or after locking the car. While I was able to turn off the front and rear roof mounted lights manually, the Boot lamp was permanently ON.
2. The console surrounding the AT shifter had developed an infrequent rattle. Either over bad roads, or whenever someone's leg would brush against the console, their was a 'tak-tak' sound. Nothing much really, but an irritation.

So, I took the car to Harpreet Ford Sahibabad yesterday morning, to get these fixed. I was promised the car by 1 p.m., but when I went to pick the car up, the staff broke for lunch, and I had to wait for 30 minutes for their lunch break to complete. Nothing wrong with taking a lunch break, but then why commit 1 p.m.?
Anyway, we went for a Road test at 1.45 p.m., and while the problem with the lights had been fixed, the front ceiling lamp cluster wasn't fitted properly. Moreover, the console rattle was still there, just like earlier.

So we drove back to the Service station and they properly fixed the Roof Lamp in a jiffy.
However, the console took another full hour, since they had to open it up again, and re-seat the three constituent parts properly. While I was observing them, I was wondering why there was no rubber beading/rings between those three parts. This time around their efforts were successful, and the rattling completely disappeared.

I got a Rs. 0/- bill for the trouble, and got the car back approximately 2.5 hours later than earlier committed.

Not a bad experience overall, but it could have been better, had they fixed both faults properly in the first go.
The attitude of their Service Manager, Mr. Sandeep Sharma, is excellent, which hopefully should make things easy in future transactions.

Also, FE Update:
Worst - 7.98 kmpl (Average Speed of 18 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres)
Best - 14.91 kmpl (Average Speed of 46 kmph over a fill-up of 40 litres)
Average Running cost - Rs. 7.73/- per km.
To add to Roy_Libran's post finished 8,400 kms on the Ford Ecosport AT. I just completed a 1,200 km trip Chennai to Bangalore to Yercaud to Bangalore to Chennai over the last week. Had to use the Tiptronic extensively when driving in the ghats otherwise the car was struggling to overtake. Here are some Stats
- Worst Mileage : 9.1 kmpl in city
- Best Mileage : 15.0 kmpl Highway Average speed 80kmph
- Best Speed Band for Mileage 80-100 kmph
- Most liked features : Hill Assist; Highway stability; Driving dynamics
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 14:29   #6873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
Here it would be best if owners listed the good and bad points of the cars they own . This would make us non owners be more informed about those cars . Also I feel non owners must refrain from making too many negative points and observations about cars that they do not own . This will make the forum more pleasant to read . No offence intended to any one and no sarcasim here .
Unbiased reviews are the need of the hour. Not many reviews are available in the reviews section. My impressions about my Ecosport AT are largely negative. People interested can google for "Blacksport's black Ecosport - A short review". It is not yet in team-bhp since it is not a complete review hence falls short of the standards set by other reviewers.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 17:18   #6874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
...Buddy, I can hint a certain level of sarcasm here. I don't think BHPian 'ecosportrules' has mentioned anything wrong or offending!....
To be honest, I felt the below line hinted at "sour grapes" usage, coupled with that smiley. I could NOT take a liking to it and hence responded. I would have been extremely happy if ONLY the previous line (owners being happy with their Ecosport...) was present; as I said, it would have displayed the pride of an owner.

Quote:
...People who dont own/couldnt own it are not happy with the car's performance. .
And those who opted for another car by cancelling the car is because they did NOT find Ecosport worth the price at the time of buying. Every product feels valuable only in a certain range which I believe has crossed for Ecosport. I would love to see how many will grab one even if this is available off-the shelf at a price tag of 15L. It's mostly NOT the waiting periods that drive 80% customers off; it's the price hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
...Human psychology is to appreciate and tell the world out loud if a commodity is better than its competition which in other words is "Word of mouth!"

Now this word of mouth that is done makes you feel 'weird' and 'cheap'?!
I do NOT mind people jump / shout / howl from the top of the roof about a product they own. Heck, even I would join their happiness. But the moment they take a dig at someone who does NOT own one (for whatever reason), it tastes bad! That's what I pointed out.

Trust me, I absolutely have NO issues with either you or @ecosport.rules for the posts and the discussion is all healthy! I pointed out what could have been better.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 10th April 2014 at 17:27.
swiftnfurious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 21:18   #6875
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Guys, lets cut the fight and get back to an objective discussion on the EcoSport. Thanks!
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2014, 22:58   #6876
BHPian

My friend just got a new ecosport and here's my unbiased take on the car

Please note that even i was interested in buying one but opted for City because of less waiting period and the car excited me more.

Things i loved about Ecosport :-

1-High Speed Stability and Handling - This car simply loves to be cornered and remains its composure even when cornering in triple digit speeds , the car was very stable at triple digit speeds in a fairly bumpy roads and took the potholes well at those speed and there was no excessive vertical movement observed.

2-Outstanding ACC - This was just out of this world good , the car was parked under sun and took no more than 5 minutes to chill the cabin completely , so much so that even the rear passengers asked to turn the blower speed down.

3-Looks great for a compact sub 4 meter SUV and the titanium variant is value for money , the diesel engine with excellent low end torque and low noise levels make it a winner for city driving , highway performance was not bad too and on performance front the engine feels more or less like City's i-DTEC but more refined.

The only thing i didnt like is the cabin space which is more in the league of small hatchbacks/compact sedan and the cabin feels small for a 10 lakh car , the city's cabin space is in a different league altogether.The Audio system which everyone's praising felt just average to me , although the bass was strong but whenever the bass parts came in a song , the treble and mid range frequencies got killed and the speakers would only produce the mid bass part and the rest of the frequencies got muffled and distorted.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 10th April 2014 at 22:59.
Rocketscience is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 03:45   #6877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Speaking of sunroof, does anybody have experience in installing the Webasto ones? Does it void the warranty or anything as such ? I saw many international variants with a sunroof, wonder if they will ever hit India anytime soon. Chevy Beat has sunroof as an official accessory. However when i showed my interest to the dealer, he kept shying away from installing it saying nobody from Calcutta have ever done it, need to bring technicians from Delhi, rainwater may seep in etc etc. Wonder what's the point in making it a official accessory

If you already have an ecosport or are waiting to buy one, hold on for some more time.
A little birdie from Ford told me that Ecosport with sunroof is going to be launched soon.

Sunroof will also be available as an accessory
Old 11th April 2014, 10:50   #6878
BHPian

You wake up one morning and see this on your EcoSport.

Yes, its a dent, and guess what, a mob of monkeys did it with a marble slab. They threw it all the way from the second floor. Just called up the icici helpdesk.
A surveyor will be visiting today.

One thing that the icici customer care executive told me. They have a workshop approved from them in my city itself, which treats cars from all brands and installs all genuine parts so I need not go to the Ford's Workshop for the denting/painting.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20140411_082340.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 11th April 2014 at 22:36. Reason: Abbreviation expanded.
Old 11th April 2014, 13:54   #6879
BHPian

When will We(Indians) get fair treatment from Automobile manufacturers.

The report says that Ford Chennai plant produces two versions of Ecosport. Strong and sturdier one for the European market and normal one for the Indian market.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/04/f...-europe-127118

Regards,
Prakash.
Old 11th April 2014, 14:10   #6880
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
...Yes, its a dent, and guess what, a mob of monkeys did it with a marble slab. They threw it all the way from the second floor...

One thing that the icici customer care executive told me. They have a workshop approved from them in my city itself, which treats cars from all brands and installs all genuine parts so I need not go to the Ford's Workshop for the denting/painting.
That's a bad thing to happen. Please do check the workmanship of the centre before you give your car there. ICICI may have tie up and the charges could be low for them to be refunded under insurance (than the authorized centre). My suggestion will be to give the car to the authorized centre itself as you would have to pay ONLY the processing charges since this is a metal portion.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 14:39   #6881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a bad thing to happen. Please do check the workmanship of the centre before you give your car there. ICICI may have tie up and the charges could be low for them to be refunded under insurance (than the authorized centre). My suggestion will be to give the car to the authorized centre itself as you would have to pay ONLY the processing charges since this is a metal portion.
Thanks mate,

Certainly, the worst thing to happen. I'll have a word with the Ford's workshop regarding the procedure for the same.

Cheers (heart-broken though)!
Old 11th April 2014, 16:28   #6882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
If you already have an ecosport or are waiting to buy one, hold on for some more time.
A little birdie from Ford told me that Ecosport with sunroof is going to be launched soon.

Sunroof will also be available as an accessory
I wish the sunroof come as factory made, not many will recommend sunroof as an accessory because tearing the roof (be at ASS) may have an adverse affect later. Moreover getting the sunroof as an accessory need a deep heavy pocket as well, isn't it?

Cheers!
Old 11th April 2014, 16:42   #6883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post

The report says that Ford Chennai plant produces two versions of Ecosport. Strong and sturdier one for the European market and normal one for the Indian market.

Regards,
Prakash.
Even the wealthy buyers in India don't seem to be able to push forward consumer power.

Afterthought... Some of them are probably benefiting too much from the lack of it!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2014, 19:29   #6884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post

Regards,
Prakash.
This report is my worst of fears come true. When they priced the Ecosport so low, I was almost sure that they had cut a lot of corners. But of all the corners cut, I was hoping that they have not compromised on safety. If this report had come earlier, I would have thought thrice before buying it. Did I spend a million rupees to get a car with six airbags and all the gizmos only to be told that it is structurally compromised? I didn't want another maruti with a ford badge.

Somehow I feel the only safe cars to buy in india are the CKDs and CBUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Even the wealthy buyers in India don't seem to be able to push forward consumer power.
Even the wealthy ones are not interested in safety. They are busy saving up (penny pinching) for their next generation.

Last edited by blacksport : 11th April 2014 at 19:36.
Old 11th April 2014, 19:54   #6885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
This report is my worst of fears come true. When they priced the Ecosport so low, I was almost sure that they had cut a lot of corners. But of all the corners cut, I was hoping that they have not compromised on safety. If this report had come earlier, I would have thought thrice before buying it. Did I spend a million rupees to get a car with six airbags and all the gizmos only to be told that it is structurally compromised? I didn't want another maruti with a ford badge.
The report says European EcoSport is getting stronger structure compared to Indian EcoSport, which doesn't mean Indian EcoSport is structurally weak. Just my thought.
Apple is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks