Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-46.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomzi (Post 3147473)
I think this could be the reason for the delay. Having seen the response just after launch of the Amaze, Duster and XUV500, if I were working for Ford, i'd ensure there are enough cars in inventory to take care of 2-4 weeks of the initial demand.

As soon as cars are launched, the waiting period also gets published and well known. If the waiting period is less, that much more positive publicity.

If they take a penalty cut for cancellations, the amount of penalty should have been informed to you BEFORE you made the booking.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't happen, but if it does, you MUST post it here.

A wise (and rare) decision if it really is about the inventory streamlining. I wish it is so.

As for the advance booking - I won't be booking an EcoSport. It will be a STORME / XUV / Thar when I upgrade. So I hope you didn't want ME to post the news here stupid:. Those who do so will have to post it here in case of penalty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 3147139)
the reason for delay is some vendor QC issues. that is delaying commencement of production.

revised launch date is 25th June

Heard about this too from one of the FOrd dealers in Coimbatore. Somehow feel their supply chain management is facing issues.

Dont think exchange rate/weak rupee might be causing a delay. Look at how Honda Amaze is raking up when we had a weak market few weeks back.

if the product is good, would imagine it will still make the cut.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 3147496)
So I hope you didn't want ME to post the news here stupid:. Those who do so will have to post it here in case of penalty.

Hehe, speed reading, mumble,mumble etc etc stupid:

I'd long lost interest in following the Ecosport due to the huge delays even though I'm probably the target customer. Now so much delay even after all the reviews are out?

I seriously hope the delay is due to some plausible reason which they disclose (but I doubt it).

As I posted some pages back, its high time Ford releases 10 cars on daily basis so that hardcore EcoSport fans can "BID" on them at whatever price they deem fit. It will keep them and others occupied too.:D:uncontrol
P.S. : Not to mention Ford executives will be mighty relieved with the input they get from the successful bid price.

What is this Ecosport? By all accounts it seems to be a mirage!

The new, yet not so new, Linea has been launched quietly. I hope it does well. You see, people has low patience and low attention span: there are diversions and people will be diverted.

Hey Everyone,

So I finally went to a FORD dealer today and booked myself an Ecosport AT White.

- They are taking PDC of Rs.1,00,000, no cash
- Will take money for booking, etc. once the car is launched
- The Sales Manager was sure the car will get launch between 17-21 June
- The demo car should be in showrooms by 17 June
- They have some cars parked in their warehouse, and has invited me to come check it out in few days
- Mars Red looks very close to the orange that was available for SWIFT
- Another insight, they have already received stock for most of the accessories
- He confirmed the SPARE WHEEL COVER TO BE AVAILABLE DAY ONE with other accessories
- The stocking of cars & accessories was one of the reasons for delay in launch
- He also confidently mentioned that the pricing of Ecosport AT Petrol will be max 11.5 L on road
- And finally, he reassured me that I will get my Ecosport in the first lot itself :D

Hope you guys feel much better after receiving the above update stupid:

Will keep you all posted with all the updates I discover!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen kobane (Post 3147759)
Hey Everyone,

So I finally went to a FORD dealer today and booked myself an Ecosport AT White.

- They are taking PDC of Rs.1,00,000, no cash
- Will take money for booking, etc. once the car is launched

Post dated to what? So, they will encash the cheque only once the car is on sale?

Quote:

Originally Posted by agambhandari (Post 3147767)
Post dated to what? So, they will encash the cheque only once the car is on sale?

That depends on what you choose, pay from the same cheque or pay through another medium.

Date was I think next week or something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3147151)
I would rather have a 2 week delay and a niggle-free, quality offering than a hurried launch and a low quality offering.

Poor customers have been patiently saying that for the past 3-4 months now lol:

To look at it from a different perspective, it's more discomforting to know that after all these extensive testing and delay, they still manage to come up with QC issues just few days ahead of the launch and then further delay it.

It reminds me of the last second panicky answer sheet flipping that we used to do once the bell goes, signalling the end of the exam time. We do find an error or 2 and correct it just before handing it over, but we already know there are more that we missed spotting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayded (Post 3147776)
Poor customers have been patiently saying that for the past 3-4 months now lol:

To look at it from a different perspective, it's more discomforting to know that after all these extensive testing and delay, they still manage to come up with QC issues just few days ahead of the launch and then further delay it.

How did you get to know that? As far as I've heard from the dealer its because they wanted to stock up before they launch so they match the demands and keep waiting period as low as possible.

Also, they were waiting for accessories stock.

And lastly, they were observing market reaction through their campaign and reviews to understand how much they can price the car.

And then the discovery campaign just got finished.

Whats the pricing gonna be ? Diesel and ecoboost get excise benefit but will be priced high due to obvious reasons, petrol being 1.5 doesnt get excise benefit. So diesel basic model starts around 7 lac with petrol around 8 ish and top end is ecoboost, diesel and petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zen kobane (Post 3147792)
How did you get to know that? As far as I've heard from the dealer its because they wanted to stock up before they launch so they match the demands and keep waiting period as low as possible.

Also, they were waiting for accessories stock.

And lastly, they were observing market reaction through their campaign and reviews to understand how much they can price the car.

And then the discovery campaign just got finished.

None of these matter to a global company like Ford which have well laid out plans and processes in place. The launch might happen a few days before the end of the quarter(Jun 30). In fact, I guess Ford would have liked to launch it only after the export hub is ready, as India is not a priority market for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivasuma (Post 3147151)

I would rather have a 2 week delay and a niggle-free, quality offering than a hurried launch and a low quality offering.

Hurried? We've been waiting for almost 18 months now! How ill-prepared must Ford be that just 2 weeks before the launch they're still stuck sorting QC issues with some vendor! IMO it shows incompetence on their part, else by now they should've been formulating or fine-tuning AMC packages (if any) at the max. They've anything but 'hurried' the launch even if they launch it tomorrow.

But then how can we be 100% sure about them having QC issues. Maybe its something else, maybe they're planning how the cash flows would be managed. Or maybe its a calculated move to launch it when the hype is at the optimum level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 3147868)

But then how can we be 100% sure about them having QC issues. Maybe its something else, maybe they're planning how the cash flows would be managed. Or maybe its a calculated move to launch it when the hype is at the optimum level.

Lemme put it this way.... You can take this info to the bank

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrammarNazi (Post 3147868)
Hurried? We've been waiting for almost 18 months now! How ill-prepared must Ford be that just 2 weeks before the launch they're still stuck sorting QC issues with some vendor! IMO it shows incompetence on their part, else by now they should've been formulating or fine-tuning AMC packages (if any) at the max. They've anything but 'hurried' the launch even if they launch it tomorrow.

What I meant to say was, since they are already late to the market, I did not want them to launch it with QC issues. Its better to have a car with no issues late than have a car with issues soon.