Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2014, 07:20   #6901
BHPian

http://wap.business-standard.com/art...1200856_1.html

Hyundai's new baby as an Ecosport Rival. I feel all these together will starve Ford's Ecosport to poor numbers. It's already 3900 cars delivered in March. Wake up ford from your long slumber sleep.
Old 13th April 2014, 20:13   #6902
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
http://wap.business-standard.com/art...1200856_1.html

Hyundai's new baby as an Ecosport Rival. I feel all these together will starve Ford's Ecosport to poor numbers. It's already 3900 cars delivered in March. Wake up ford from your long slumber sleep.
Competition is a necessity for evolution and improvement.
Hope both Hyundai and Maruthi launch their SUVs soon, only then will Ford realize its mistakes.

Check out @FordIndia's Tweet: https://twitter.com/FordIndia/status/455242977409912832

Last edited by ecosport rules : 13th April 2014 at 20:15.
Old 13th April 2014, 21:58   #6903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hyundai's new baby as an Ecosport Rival.
Hyundai's upcoming iX25 is speculated to be more than 4 m in length and would be in the leauge of Duster/Terrano.
Old 13th April 2014, 22:28   #6904
Senior - BHPian

People are going on about Ford's unethical practices without taking into consideration the consequences of having excess capacity when the current fad dies down. Toyota has never upped the capacity of the Innova or Fortuner, the Fiesta experience has taught them never to offer a global model in a price sensitive market.The dealers who stood by them have been returned the favour, the changes to the body have enabled better pricing and demand. Every brand has faced the consequences of excess capacity VW comes to mind, Renault's Duster is another such product. The current levels of demand will die down, Ford is doing what anyone with a first mover advantage should. There are other options in the price range for those complaining.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2014, 23:31   #6905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
People are going on about Ford's unethical practices without taking into consideration the consequences of having excess capacity when the current fad dies down. Toyota has never upped the capacity of the Innova or Fortuner, the Fiesta experience has taught them never to offer a global model in a price sensitive market.The dealers who stood by them have been returned the favour, the changes to the body have enabled better pricing and demand. Every brand has faced the consequences of excess capacity VW comes to mind, Renault's Duster is another such product. The current levels of demand will die down, Ford is doing what anyone with a first mover advantage should. There are other options in the price range for those complaining.
The dealer will not drive up the monthly sales buying the car. This is just ensuring an early demise of demand. People are complaining because the Eco was what they wanted, but will have to go with their second choice.
Old 14th April 2014, 01:56   #6906
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

This seems to be the new Hyundai compact suv/Tucson.
Fluidic design is evident, looks like the younger brother of santa fe.
Looks very well proportioned though.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20140414014651.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20140414014645.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20140414014618.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20140414014605.png  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20140414wa0001.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 14th April 2014 at 02:22.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 02:48   #6907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Why? Does Ford value European lives more than an Indian's life? I understand cosmetic changes in trim but am extremely disappointed with the double standards in safety.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
I agree with your argument that ford sells what the customer wants. But, let me ask you, isn't there a market at all for safe cars. Do you think that even a fraction of team-bhpians do not value safety that Ford cannot sell the euro spec Ecosport in india as an option even if at a premium? The first few i20s sold in india were europe export surplus, and it did not cost a bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
When will We(Indians) get fair treatment from Automobile manufacturers.

The report says that Ford Chennai plant produces two versions of Ecosport. Strong and sturdier one for the European market and normal one for the Indian market.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/04/f...-europe-127118.

The indian version of ecosport is Euro NCAP rated 4, which is good enough(most of the cars in India are rated NCAP 2 and 3 including the Duster).

The improved Euro version is aimed to be Euro NCAP rated 5 , hence the enhancement in 300 odd parts(as they were not satisfied with NCAP 4).

Companies dont make choices regarding safety regulations, it is the destined country which defines it.

Source:Engineer at Ford ecosport plant, Chennai.
He said that the left hand drive version of the Indian spec was sent for the previous crash test.(scored 4 on Euro NCAP)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20140414030030.png  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 14th April 2014 at 03:15.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 10:27   #6908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
A very painful sight indeed. These insurance people get cuts from such kind of unbranded/not so popular workshops.
So please get it done at Ford for a proper job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Looks like someone is trying to sell you something here. Though I am surprised that the customer care exec is saying this. If the surveyor had said that, it would not have been so surprising.
Thanks mates, following your advice I’ll be going to the Ford’s service station.

Is it mandatory to get the vehicle repaired (under insurance) from the dealer you bought the car from, or any other Ford’s service station would do? Are they sort of biased if you get your vehicle repaired from another Ford Dealer having a service station?

Quote:
Guys,

Good job done but not great, not even close the to concept like production version of our EcoSport.

Cheers !

Last edited by the13thtee : 14th April 2014 at 10:42.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 10:42   #6909
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Is it mandatory to get the vehicle repaired (under insurance) from the dealer you bought the car from, or any other Ford’s service station would do?
You can get it repaired anywhere. Just that it is smoother & often cashless @ the A.S.S.

You can get it done outside at a garage also, but the garage must support you in the process (survey before repairs, estimates, bills). Importantly, the independent garages may not have cashless - so you will have to pay 100% to the garage & then claim from the insurance company.

Many people dont want to go thru this long process, hence go with the A.S.S itself
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 10:58   #6910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Why? Does Ford value European lives more than an Indian's life?
Nope.

In fact, car manufacturers probably don't value life at all. They value profit --- but the poor things are forced to comply with both local regulations and local expectations.

Bearing in mind that local safety expectations here are low, I suppose one can hardly blame Ford/others. The buyers need to change just as much as the car companies.

Quote:
Guys,

That looks very nice, but I wonder about the clearance? With a vehicle like this, there is no point in making it look high off the ground with black plastic below the body colour: it is has to be high off the ground. Anyway, I'm surmising just from the pics in your post; the specs will tell, and I hope it is a competitor

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th April 2014 at 11:02.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 12:47   #6911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Nope.

In fact, car manufacturers probably don't value life at all. They value profit --- but the poor things are forced to comply with both local regulations and local expectations.

Bearing in mind that local safety expectations here are low, I suppose one can hardly blame Ford/others. The buyers need to change just as much as the car companies.

That looks very nice, but I wonder about the clearance? With a vehicle like this, there is no point in making it look high off the ground with black plastic below the body colour: it is has to be high off the ground. Anyway, I'm surmising just from the pics in your post; the specs will tell, and I hope it is a competitor
with you sir.

How are you doing?
I love your handle and cant appreciate it enough

Last edited by ecosport rules : 14th April 2014 at 12:48.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 13:11   #6912
BHPian

Quote:
The indian version of ecosport is Euro NCAP rated 4
I opted for the Ecosport over Duster purely because of the better safety rating/equipment of the Titanium (O) variant. The fact that Ecosport managed to achieve 93% for adult protection is something great in my opinion - as not many similarly priced euro spec cars seems to offer that level of protection for the adult occupants. As we have a very few cars with 6+ airbags in India in the 10 lakhs budget, I felt that Titanium (O) makes a lot of sense when the safety is the priority.
ece2k2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 13:47   #6913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I opted for the Ecosport over Duster purely because of the better safety rating/equipment of the Titanium (O) variant. The fact that Ecosport managed to achieve 93% for adult protection is something great in my opinion - as not many similarly priced euro spec cars seems to offer that level of protection for the adult occupants. As we have a very few cars with 6+ airbags in India in the 10 lakhs budget, I felt that Titanium (O) makes a lot of sense when the safety is the priority.
I fully agree with your assessment.

Irrespective of, whether or not, the European Spec Ecosport has improved engineering, to improve safety, the current Indian spec Ecosport offers a lot more (at least on paper) than almost all it's rivals in the +- 50% price band. That to me, is commitment enough from Ford, towards safety, and safety would hardly be what I'd chastise them for!
roy_libran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 15:42   #6914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ford themselves burnt their hands with the Fiesta. All talks of Boron steel and high strength structure fell on deaf ears and all that Indians noticed was the inflated (compared to competition) price tag.
Completely agree with you on that.

It's not Ford's mistake that the India spec ES got only 4 stars - had Ford made both the versions similar, it would have meant that the ES would be priced a bit higher and the Indian buyers would no longer have considered it VFM. Ford just gave us what we wanted - credit to them.

I believe Ford needs to concentrate on its CRM to be a true leader in Indian market. They already have a winner in ES, but they are letting themselves down by not handling their customers properly. Even if they can't deliver the ES within 6 months, that's fine, but there is a way to convey that to the customer. Hope they change.
Anoop_SG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 17:04   #6915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
Completely agree with you on that.

It's not Ford's mistake that the India spec ES got only 4 stars - had Ford made both the versions similar, it would have meant that the ES would be priced a bit higher and the Indian buyers would no longer have considered it VFM. Ford just gave us what we wanted - credit to them.

I believe Ford needs to concentrate on its CRM to be a true leader in Indian market. They already have a winner in ES, but they are letting themselves down by not handling their customers properly. Even if they can't deliver the ES within 6 months, that's fine, but there is a way to convey that to the customer. Hope they change.
Well if i am not wrong the CRM is almost 80-90% accurate as of now. 10% of political pressure/higher authority orders will hold true to any manufacturer.

I think Ford is manufacturing very limited number of Ecosport for Indian Market. This is where the problem lies.

In the current process, every car delivered to dealer is attached to a buyer. Unless the Buyer officially cancels the booking, the car cannot be allotted to anyone else.

I saw atleast 25 Ecosport's in Elite Ford Bangalore, all waiting for buyers to settle their accounts. Some cars have come some weeks back but dealer could not pass on the same to some one else as the allotted buyer has not cancelled and is taking time himself to settle the accounts.

Most Viewed