Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2014, 17:46   #6916
BHPian

The dealer VGO Ford Faridabad is still quoting 1.25 lakhs of premium for an instant delivery of Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O)
This shows that corruption is still looming at large at few dealers.

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 14th April 2014 at 17:48.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2014, 17:58   #6917
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hey fellow BHPians,

My vehicle's survey is going to take place soon in the VGO Ford Service Station for the repairs of the dent on my EcoSport. I was told by the Manager that after delivering the vehicle to them, the paper work (surveying, invoice, fund release etc) will take 2 days and the repairs will take another 3 days.

One of my friends had a bad experience with his Ford Fiesta Classic, when he had delivered his car for repairs and found, that some of his car’s parts were replaced, and also, that he was bizarrely charged for some parts.

I’m really scared of leaving my new car to the “unreliable” VGO Ford Service Station. What should I do? Will it help if share with him that I belong to the Team-BHP membership community? Help !

Cheers!
Old 15th April 2014, 02:09   #6918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Hey fellow BHPians,
One of my friends had a bad experience with his Ford Fiesta Classic, when he had delivered his car for repairs and found, that some of his car’s parts were replaced, and also, that he was bizarrely charged for some parts.

I’m really scared of leaving my new car to the “unreliable” VGO Ford Service Station. What should I do? Will it help if share with him that I belong to the Team-BHP membership community?!

Sharing that you are a Bhpian helps only if he knows and respects teambhp.
I suggest you take it to any other ford dealer or any multi branded work shop you trust. (Provided he can claim and settle your cash less insurance).
Ford authorised is not required because your problem is cosmetic and not mechanical (warranty is not at risk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
The dealer VGO Ford Faridabad is still quoting 1.25 lakhs of premium for an instant delivery of Ecosport Diesel Titanium (O)
This shows that corruption is still looming at large at few dealers.

I can understand dealers pushing for accessories to make more profit but this malpractice is just the limit.
I hope Ford takes some serious action on this issue..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
I opted for the Ecosport over Duster purely because of the better safety rating/equipment of the Titanium (O) variant. The fact that Ecosport managed to achieve 93% for adult protection is something great in my opinion - as not many similarly priced euro spec cars seems to offer that level of protection for the adult occupants. As we have a very few cars with 6+ airbags in India in the 10 lakhs budget, I felt that Titanium (O) makes a lot of sense when the safety is the priority.
with you, infact 93% adult occupant safety is what several cars which score 5 on the Euro NCAP give.

I dont know how many people agree with me but when I went for the test drive ,Duster felt like a tin can when I shut the drivers door(personal opinion only)

Note:I am not saying Duster is a bad car,but honestly felt Ecosport is better and hence bought one.

Last edited by ecosport rules : 15th April 2014 at 02:19.
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 19:51   #6919
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post

with you, infact 93% adult occupant safety is what several cars which score 5 on the Euro NCAP give.

I dont know how many people agree with me but when I went for the test drive ,Duster felt like a tin can when I shut the drivers door(personal opinion only)
Are you sure that the India spec Ecosport and the Duster are the same as their euro counterparts (structurally and gadget-wise) ? That matters with these misleading ratings, as with the i20 !

In my opinion, both are after all tin cans, me too SUVs !
(Disclaimer: My personal opinion, no offence to any owners of either vehicles).
Old 15th April 2014, 22:52   #6920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Are you sure that the India spec Ecosport and the Duster are the same as their euro counterparts (structurally and gadget-wise) ? That matters with these misleading ratings, as with the i20 !
I thought we were discussing how they were not the same as the Euro spec.

Ecosport in India, is comparatively very well built.
Old 16th April 2014, 00:18   #6921
BHPian

Hello to all fellow Bhpians, first of all thank you for letting me be a part of this definitive automobile blog. I feel very privileged and will strive to uphold the quality of the posts.

Secondly, the big news, I got my Ecosport 1.5 Tdci Ambiente delivered after an exact wait of 7 months and 11 days from Gateway Ford, Siliguri, the car is worth the wait. Here again I must thank all fellow members of this blog for their knowledgeable insights of the car which persuaded me to be patient with my wait. And yes, I believe the allocations are not transparent even in my city, however I refused to bribe or budge from my stand although enough hints were dropped from the dealers end to cancel my booking. Thirdly, my dealer Gateway Ford, Siliguri West Bengal quotes INR 9500 for the OEM Fog Lamps which I think is preposterous,on enquiry, blames the difference in taxes between Delhi and Siliguri, kindly let me know if anyone has any idea regarding this.

Finally, service holiday of 3 years/30000 kms gifted by Ford India for waiting so long but dealer insists that it would take atleast a month for the intimations from the company about this to reach the dealership. Overall, I am satisfied satisfied with the car, not so with the dealership. Looking forward to valuable suggestions from all in this thread.
maverickrider00 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 00:19   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
Are you sure that the India spec Ecosport and the Duster are the same as their euro counterparts (structurally and gadget-wise) ? That matters with these misleading ratings, as with the i20 !).
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I thought we were discussing how they were not the same as the Euro spec.

Ecosport in India, is comparatively very well built.

+1 to roy_libran. that ecosport is very well built.

To summarize the safety of ecosport vs Duster. Also refer to post number 6907.
The information is not misleading as that of i20..

1) Indian ecosport Euro NCAP score:4.
2) Euro destined Ecosport target Euro NCAP score:5.
3) Indian duster Euro NCAP score:Not available.(3 or less)
4) Euro dacia duster Euro NCAP score:3

Last edited by ecosport rules : 16th April 2014 at 00:21.
ecosport rules is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 07:32   #6923
BHPian

Guys, the mileage in my ecoboost dropped down suddenly from 11 to 8kms/lt.
, after completion of 5500 Kms. Of course traffic congestion has increased three fold due to Metro work. How is it with other ecoboost owners? I used to to 15 to 16 Kms /lt in highways and between 11 & 12 Kms/lt in city .
Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 07:41   #6924
BHPian

Quote:

+1 to roy_libran. that ecosport is very well built.

To summarize the safety of ecosport vs Duster. Also refer to post number 6907.
The information is not misleading as that of i20..

1) Indian ecosport Euro NCAP score:4.
2) Euro destined Ecosport target Euro NCAP score:5.
3) Indian duster Euro NCAP score:Not available.(3 or less)
4) Euro dacia duster Euro NCAP score:3
While I agree with 2, 3 and 4, I am not sure of 1. Previously exported Ecosport scored 4 stars alright, but we are still not sure that, what was exported was the same spec as the Indian Ecosport. I would still like to think that the score of Indian Ecosport is still "unknown/not tested".
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 09:27   #6925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Guys, the mileage in my ecoboost dropped down suddenly from 11 to 8kms/lt.
, after completion of 5500 Kms. Of course traffic congestion has increased three fold due to Metro work. How is it with other ecoboost owners? I used to to 15 to 16 Kms /lt in highways and between 11 & 12 Kms/lt in city .
Thanks
I have an Ecoboost Titanium (O) model and have completed 3500 km. Am super happy with the car except may be the stiff ride but then it is a bargain between ride quality and handling so being a spirited driver myself it is perfectly alright with me.

My car is giving me about 11+/- 0.5 Km in city and in highway about 15 kmpl with speeds of 100 kmph and more in bad roads.( Not 4 lane road but road as exists in Assam , Tripura etc.)
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 12:41   #6926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
. Previously exported Ecosport scored 4 stars alright, but we are still not sure that, what was exported was the same spec as the Indian Ecosport. I would still like to think that the score of Indian Ecosport is still "unknown/not tested".
It is nice of you to bring this point out, let me clarify.

I have an engineer friend who works in the Ecosport plant and he has confirmed that only the titanium optional model which is sold in India scores 4 on Euro NCAP testing. (The other models were not tested as you said)
Old 16th April 2014, 13:25   #6927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have an engineer friend who works in the Ecosport plant and he has confirmed that only the titanium optional model which is sold in India scores 4 on Euro NCAP testing. (The other models were not tested as you said)
It's usual for the publicized ratings, from most automobile manufacturers, to be those of the top spec models, because of the level of safety equipment on offer in the same.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 13:33   #6928
BHPian

Quote:

As per the test sheet, the one tested is with electronic stability control which is available only on ES AT in India.
Old 16th April 2014, 13:50   #6929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickrider00 View Post
Hello to all fellow Bhpians,
Secondly, the big news, I got my Ecosport 1.5 Tdci Ambiente delivered after an exact wait of 7 months and 11 days from Gateway Ford, Siliguri, the car is worth the wait.
Finally, service holiday of 3 years/30000 kms gifted by Ford India for waiting so long but dealer insists that it would take atleast a month for the intimations from the company about this to reach the dealership. Overall, I am satisfied satisfied with the car.
Meverickrider00,
Congratulations for you new acquisition and welcome to teambhp.

Be assured that you will have a great time both with the car and this forum

Good to know that you have received a service holiday, can you elaborate about the same (inclusions exclusions etc)
ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2014, 14:46   #6930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuraj Ennai View Post
As per the test sheet, the one tested is with electronic stability control which is available only on ES AT in India.
You are right.

It is definitely one of the criteria for scoring, but how does electronic stability control (ESC) or ABS help in a head on collision against concrete/metal block?(which is done during the NCAP test).

It is more of a crash test where 6 airbags and the structure of the cabin play an important role to save the passengers life(which is rated at 93%).Adding the seventh, knee airbag will be a bigger improvement.

As for the equipment levels yes definitely the titanium optional lacks the ESC..

Last edited by ecosport rules : 16th April 2014 at 14:50.

Most Viewed