Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 14:24   #6991
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford India has added LED daytime running lights (DRLs) to the list of optional equipment available on the EcoSport SUV.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2014 at 10:11.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 15:00   #6992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Ford India has added LED daytime running lights (DRLs) to the list of optional equipment available on the EcoSport SUV.

Linkto Team-BHP News Article
This has already been discussed extensively on this forum. The DRLs are wired to the parking lights and therefore do not work like regular DRLs. But, yes, this is a better alternative than the DIY jobs being done.
risga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 16:46   #6993
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
The DRLs are wired to the parking lights and therefore do not work like regular DRLs.
That would defeat the entire purpose of DRLs, wouldn't it? Or am I missing something here?

Perhaps Ford meant them to be used as DRLs that come on when the engine is started and go off when the parking lights are switched on. Maybe the Ford dealer did the wiring in a wrong way that makes them act like LED parking lamps, instead of DRLs?

I thought Ford did a brilliant thing by offering them as a dealer accessory, but it may not seem to be the case if they are just parking lamps.
Old 25th April 2014, 21:53   #6994
BHPian

What are the waiting periods for ecosport these days. Last year I cancelled my booking because even after eight months ford was non committal on the delivery date. Just wanted to check if there has been any improvement. Else I will have to look elsewhere, maybe Renault duster.
Old 26th April 2014, 07:19   #6995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
Have they re-opened bookings? In Pune dealers are not even willing to talk of bookings, let alone quote delivery. Or is there some trick I am missing?
Are you planning to book EcoSport? If yes which variant and shade??
Old 26th April 2014, 10:24   #6996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Are you planning to book EcoSport? If yes which variant and shade??
Actually I am interested in the Ecosport AT. Did talk to Talera Ford yesterday. They are now taking bookings with delivery of 4 months. Planet Ford says that bookings have not opened. So it makes me a bit suspicious.

We are still debating whether to go for the new Ecosport AT or go in for an used Outlander.
Old 26th April 2014, 15:15   #6997
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...We are still debating whether to go for the new Ecosport AT or go in for an used Outlander.
Product wise, Outlander should trump Ecosport. But you may have a problem when it comes to service / spares cost and also re-sale. If you have that extra moolah, Outlander should be a better deal.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th April 2014 at 15:18.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 15:45   #6998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Well I have attached below the scanned copy of the bill they charged me.
Attachment 1234127
The oil used was an non-synthetic oil 10W30. They have changed the diesel filter too in this 10K service.

Unfortunately the car again started running heavy today. I again talked to Krishna (GM Service Riddhi Ford). He would be again talking to Ford India and come back to me. According to him the issue seems to be coming from sensors as sometimes they are behaving erratically and hence the issues. According to him, Oxygen sensor and a few sensors may be requiring a replacement. I have already lost patience and even after this spree of changes done by Ford the issue does not get rectified, I will sell off my car. Cannot drive for another 5 years with so frequent visits to service station.
Hi check the oil level by looking at the dipstick after sufficiently warming up. According to manual it 3.8lts with filter for ecosport diesel but your receipt shows 4.6lts. One of the side effects of over filled engine oil is a lethargic engine.
damodar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 15:53   #6999
BANNED

Quote:
Unfortunately the car again started running heavy today. Cannot drive for another 5 years with so frequent visits to service station.
According to BHPian Damodar, the oil quantity filled-in your car is 4.6 litres but the standard quantity is 3.8 litres which is 800 ml more than required. This will cause turbo failure so please check the turbo and the seals once. This could be the reason for the lethargic feel that you are experiencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Hi check the oil level by looking at the dipstick after sufficiently warming up. According to manual it 3.8lts with filter for ecosport diesel but your receipt shows 4.6lts. One of the side effects of over filled engine oil is a lethargic engine.
+1

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 16:20   #7000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Product wise, Outlander should trump Ecosport. But you may have a problem when it comes to service / spares cost and also re-sale. If you have that extra moolah, Outlander should be a better deal.
Thanks!. Outlander, even used, is definitely the better choice. Purchase cost wise it is actually cheaper that the Ecosport AT. I am comfortable with the additional running costs, as our running is miniscule. I need to make some provisions for unplanned expenses like glass or mirror breakage. Also we will need to work 100% cash down for this vehicle. So taking my own sweet time.
sridhar-v is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 17:35   #7001
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After warming up? Usually oil levels are checked after an overnight parking, before cranking the next day. Anything after a crank may NOT provide an accurate reading.

It also may be noted that the car should be parked on a proper plane as well.
Old 26th April 2014, 18:19   #7002
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!. Outlander, even used, is definitely the better choice. Purchase cost wise it is actually cheaper that the Ecosport AT. I am comfortable with the additional running costs, as our running is miniscule. I need to make some provisions for unplanned expenses like glass or mirror breakage. Also we will need to work 100% cash down for this vehicle. So taking my own sweet time.
You would get a sparingly used Outlander for the price of a new Ecosport AT. And it is a superior car in every aspect. But bear in mind that you are still buying a 20L car and not a 10L car. Means it would cost as much to maintain a 20L car. Service costs, spares and running costs would be on par with a 20L car. And since you are buying used, and being out of warranty, be ready to shell out money from your pocket from the starting of your ownership. if you can afford it, no issues.

I have a thumb rule: If you can afford a car bought new, then you can afford it bought used as well. If you can't, stay away.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 20:04   #7003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
According to BHPian Damodar, the oil quantity filled-in your car is 4.6 litres but the standard quantity is 3.8 litres which is 800 ml more than required. This will cause turbo failure so please check the turbo and the seals once. This could be the reason for the lethargic feel that you are experiencing.

+1

Anurag.
Dear Anurag,
Thanks for this. I will talk to the service center guys tomorrow itself.
Lets see how do these guys respond. Will let you know what does he say.
Thanks for your help.
Old 26th April 2014, 22:45   #7004
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Anurag,
Thanks for this. I will talk to the service center guys tomorrow itself.
Lets see how do these guys respond. Will let you know what does he say.
Thanks for your help.
This from Eco sport manual page 127.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20140426_224123.jpg  

damodar is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 23:14   #7005
BANNED

Quote:
This from Eco sport manual page 127.
What is that actually? The tolerances for oil filling with and without oil filter?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks