Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-47.html)

I was at ford showroom yesterday and spent considerable time there.I prebooked ecosport by giving them 1lac cheque.As per them they have already received 150 odd pre bookings.They expect the launch to be around the 20th june.After reading the diesel review regarding the AC compressor cut off if you continously press the accelerator (keeping in mind the delhi heat) ,I decided against it.I have zeroed in on petrol version only and will decide after I have driven 1.0 and 1.5 versions.The GM of the showroom suggested I test drive the Fiesta automatic since ecosport has the same engine and features.I did,and I must say I was not disappointed.(Having driven Grand vitara,optra ).Although the lag was minimal,overall it responded very well.I am now seriously considering the AT.,but I will take a final decision only after test driving the petrol 1.0 and 1.5 ecosport.Highly disappointed as AT does not have leather seats.By the way there is much more information available on TEAM BHP website than the info the sales executive have about ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagha (Post 3148129)
After reading the diesel review regarding the AC compressor cut off if you continously press the accelerator (keeping in mind the delhi heat) ,I decided against it.

I'm also looking at the diesel version but if this AC thing is a real problem, I'll have to give it a go. Does this problem plague the new Fiesta too and how serious is it? Is this a general mechanism by manufacturers to make low powered diesels push heavy cars? GTO please comment. I can't have a "feature" like this in Delhi heat.

Official bookings have begun in Bangalore!

yes AC is a big issue in delhi.surprisingly it also happens in grand vitara xl-7 petrol which cuts off the compressor if the car is stationary and engine running for about 8-10 mins or in extremely slow traffic.Doesnt happen with optra at all even if standing for more than 30 mins in delhi heat.I believe its the technology and not the power.How come it does not happen in the ecoboost ?( as per the official review).

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 3147139)
revised launch date is 25th June

Just got a call from my dealer.
--> Official bookings open starting today (50,000/-) with penalty on cancellation. All pre-bookings carry no charge for cancellation.
--> Ford has assured a waiting period of 0-90 days :eek:
--> Launch is only after cars reach Nepal & Jammu dealerships i.e. around 10 days after today.

So looks like the official launch date is 25th June now. I'm really going to stay away from t-bhp and this thread in particular until the launch news hits the news papers! I need to go about my daily life without this unnecessary stress. :D

Got the call from dealer saying that bookings started. Last sunday when I called they said its not yet started and didnot take money.

Want to book it as saying "Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium+ top end" . they also asked to specify the colour, but unable to find any official reference.

Couldnot see brown colour ecosport in indian websites. Team bhp postings donot list any yellow colour model, so donot know whether it is correct.Checked net and found Red, Brown, Orange. Is it just okay to say "Red"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharninder (Post 3148179)
I'm also looking at the diesel version but if this AC thing is a real problem, I'll have to give it a go. Does this problem plague the new Fiesta too and how serious is it? Is this a general mechanism by manufacturers to make low powered diesels push heavy cars? GTO please comment. I can't have a "feature" like this in Delhi heat.

The reviw here says ' AC compressor cuts off when the pedal is nailed to the floor for a long duration'. How often do we do this??

I think this should'nt be a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowboy (Post 3148225)
Got the call from dealer saying that bookings started. Last sunday when I called they said its not yet started and didnot take money.

Want to book it as saying "Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium+ top end" . they also asked to specify the colour, but unable to find any official reference.

Couldnot see brown colour ecosport in indian websites. Team bhp postings donot list any yellow colour model, so donot know whether it is correct.Checked net and found Red, Brown, Orange. Is it just okay to say "Red"?

Is it Metro or Lathangi? I dont think Ecosport comes in brown color. Colors available are Mars red, chill metallic, black, white, sea grey and kinetic blue. Yellow may be sometime later

Just got a call from Elite Ford confirming official bookings have begun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagha (Post 3148206)
yes AC is a big issue in delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmokid (Post 3148190)
Official bookings have begun in Bangalore!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagha (Post 3148129)
After reading the diesel review regarding the AC compressor cut off if you continously press the accelerator (keeping in mind the delhi heat) ,I decided against it.

We test drove in pretty hot conditions. And the review says if you nail the accelerator all the way down. You will do this less than 5% of the time. Under normal driving circumstances you will not have any issues.

Ford's air con systems are usually top class in cooling and I think you are reading too much into the AC cooling thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3148308)
We test drove in pretty hot conditions. And the review says if you nail the accelerator all the way down. You will do this less than 5% of the time. Under normal driving circumstances you will not have any issues.

Ford's air con systems are usually top class in cooling and I think you are reading too much into the AC cooling thing.

Glad to hear this. I'm sure a lot of us would be relieved :)

The Ecoboost will have it's fans but from most of the reviews, it does seem like the diesel is the version to go for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3148308)

Yes, this specific behaviour is called "Kickdown" mode and is activated by a sensor which detects a "Pedal to the metal" situation. Basically this cuts all load from additional factors (including AC) to the engine and delivers full power to the wheels.
Why this mode was developed is that if in a panic situation where when in the middle of an overtake maneuver you realize that you cannot make it, and the option is either to brake and fallback or accelerate full force ahead to complete the overtake. In this situation one presses the accelerator fully and the kickdown mode helps to complete the overtake, which would have not happened if the AC was continuing to load the engine.

The AC cutoff is normally very short duration and within 15-30 sec, the AC resumes normal operation, so it would not be much of an inconvenience.

Regards,
Behemoth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3148211)
--> Ford has assured a waiting period of 0-90 days :eek:

--> Ford has assured that the waiting period will be "between" 0-90 days "at a maximum"

Had to rephrase cause the original statement was really stupid. Ford hasn't assured a waiting period. :D

Hyderabad dealer also confirmed that bookings are open.

Strange thing he told me is ecoboost is less expensive than diesel. My understanding is that ecoboost is the premium and might cost more than diesel variant to variant...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mallikarjun (Post 3148463)
Hyderabad dealer also confirmed that bookings are open.

Strange thing he told me is ecoboost is less expensive than diesel. My understanding is that ecoboost is the premium and might cost more than diesel variant to variant...

How are the bookings open officially without a price list ?

I would prefer waiting for the car to be launched before doing my booking. Does'nt make any sense for me to book the car without taking a test drive and not knowing the on road price.

I dont know if by doing this, Ford is trying to gauge the response for EcoSport so that they can jack up the price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by damager21 (Post 3148547)
I would prefer waiting for the car to be launched before doing my booking. Does'nt make any sense for me to book the car without taking a test drive and not knowing the on road price.

I dont know if by doing this, Ford is trying to gauge the response for EcoSport so that they can jack up the price.

Yes ,your decision is correct.How can they book the vehicle without price list out.