Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2014, 20:36   #7051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
But they could see the experience the sluggishness in my car but had no idea about the root cause as the car ECU report showed nothing.
Once upon a time, not so very long ago, mechanics used to diagnose issues using the old fashioned skills of symptoms, noises, experience and engineering wisdom. Now they can short cut a lot of stuff by plugging in a machine, but they should not say, "the machine shows nothing wrong, end of story." Surely the old skills have not all disappeared?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 13:21   #7052
Senior - BHPian

I still have a feeling that its the fuel that is causing all these troubles in your car. I had to go through a similar situation with my Fiesta and the culprit was bad fuel and a clogged fuel filter. Even when my car was new back in 2009, I had to fill from a petrol pump for 200Rs which nearly choked my car and had to go through this exercise of complete fuel tank and fuel line cleanup.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...l-economy.html

I think there is no harm in trying, if this fixes the issue then I would be really glad

I will suggest you to do this.

1. Get a 10L can of diesel from Shell outlet. I believe they have the most clean fuel.

2. Drop your car at the dealership, ask the dealer to empty the fuel tank and clean the fuel lines.

3. Remove and clean the diesel fuel filter.

4. Fill up with the diesel you bought from Shell, fill up from Shell again.

5. Do a 100KM drive on preferably highway roads.

6. Do couple of tank fills from Shell and see if you still have this issue.

Quote:
Important update to share...
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2014, 17:54   #7053
BHPian

This is for the ones having the Ambient and the trends.

Whenever I turn on just the fan (blower) and not press the AC switch specifically, while the blower switch is directed to the windscreen defogger mode or to the windscreen defogger plus blower to the legs mode (front windscreen), the AC automatically turns on.

In any mode other than windscreen defogger, AC turns on only when I specifically turn on the AC switch. Otherwise just the blower runs - which is normal.

I feel that AC turning on automatically in the windscreen defogger mode is not normal. AC should turn on only when I specifically press the AC button, right?

Please confirm if I have got it right? If so, what might be the problem? Do I have to rectify it or is it configured that the windscreen defogger is operated only with the AC and I should not bother about it?
Old 5th May 2014, 18:51   #7054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
This is for the ones having the Ambient and the trends.
In any mode other than windscreen defogger, AC turns on only when I specifically turn on the AC switch. Otherwise just the blower runs - which is normal.

I feel that AC turning on automatically in the windscreen defogger mode is not normal. AC should turn on only when I specifically press the AC button, right?
AC turning on automatically when in defogger mode is quite normal. It is the right way to operate the defogger.
Old 5th May 2014, 19:50   #7055
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post

It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry buddy. The windscreen defogger button automatically activates the A/C. This lfeature is to be used when you experience fogging of the winsdcreen.

Anurag.
Old 5th May 2014, 21:41   #7056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

It would be better if you are a bit more clear with your requirements:

1) Budget,

2) Daily/monthly usage,

3) Fuel type,

Anurag.
Hi Anurag,

My requirements are as below:

1) Budget - 7 to 9 lakhs

2) Monthly usage - 400 to 450 kms

3) Fuel - Petrol (makes sense given my meager usage)

Guys, is it worth waiting for another a year or so for Maruti XA Alpha and Hyundai's compact SUV or can I go ahead and book EcoSport? I really want to change my car but don't mind waiting ONLY if something better will be launched later. Problem is, Maruti has not even confirmed XA Alpha and there is no official announcement from Hyundai also. Even if it is launched, one wonders how much better they will be compared to EcoSport.

Also, is it worth shelling out an additional 1 lakh for Titanium over Trend? The only useful extra feature is the air-bag but given my modest car usage (only 400 kms / month) and mostly inner-city driving, I wonder if the air-bags will be at all required. Safety is paramount but shelling out 1 lakh for air-bags seems a bit too much.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th May 2014 at 23:18. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 5th May 2014, 21:54   #7057
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post

Hi Anurag,

My requirements are as below:

1) Budget - 7 to 9 lakhs

2) Monthly usage - 400 to 450 kms

3) Fuel - Petrol (makes sense given my meager usage)
Seeing your requirements you would need to wait for S-Cross that is expected in Jan 2015 or else settle in for Ertiga VXi ABS or ZXi.

Are you keen on compact SUV or SUV's or anything else in particular?

Anurag.
Old 5th May 2014, 23:06   #7058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Seeing your requirements you would need to wait for S-Cross that is expected in Jan 2015 or else settle in for Ertiga VXi ABS or ZXi.

Are you keen on compact SUV or SUV's or anything else in particular?

Anurag.
Oh, Ertiga is too big... I don't want a 7 seater car. I'm definitely keen on compact SUV... not a full-blown SUV or MPV.
Old 6th May 2014, 05:31   #7059
BHPian

Hello Mates
My car is again being picked up by Ford India and they have promised to find the root cause this time. I have clearly mentioned to them that they should replace / refund in case they are unable to resolve this. Keeping my fingers crossed.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 05:47   #7060
BANNED

Quote:
Hello Mates
My car is again being picked up by Ford India and they have promised to find the root cause this time. I have clearly mentioned to them that they should replace / refund in case they are unable to resolve this. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed. Good that the vehicle has been taken for analysis. Did they specify how long they will retain the car? Have you take anything in written or such as a proof?

All the best.

Anurag
Old 6th May 2014, 13:45   #7061
BHPian

A strange thing happened with my ecosport last night. The driver, while backing my safari up the driveway, hit the front of the ecosport. The impact was light and cushioned by the safari's spare wheel. I also didn't find any impact damage on the ecosport. However, later in the night I noticed that fuel was leaking out from underneath the ecosport. I placed a container to collect the diesel and by morning I believe all the diesel has leaked out. I'm not sure whether the leakage is from tank or fuel line. Ford is towing the vehicle for repairs. I can't understand how such a light, almost unnoticeable, impact can cause fuel leakage. I've been in multiple high speed front impact accidents (I'm not a bad driver, I wasn't driving in most of them ) and have never seen fuel leakage. I'm currently perplexed. Can someone help me understand this?
Old 6th May 2014, 18:34   #7062
BHPian

I test drove the EcoSport again today.

I have a few queries and was wondering if exp EcoSportians could share their valuable insight -

1. Turning Radius - It is HUGE. I felt that it is almost twice that of the WagonR and considerably larger than Honda City. Official statistics also agree. I'm afraid that this will cause difficulty while parking the car.

2. Gearbox - The test drive car's gearbox was very tight. As per the agent, the gearbox is normally quite smooth.

3. Which variant? - As per me, the only useful feature in Titanium over Trend is the air-bag. Is it really worth shelling out an extra 1 lakh for the Titanium?

Please advise. Thanks!
Old 6th May 2014, 19:37   #7063
BHPian

Hi please see responses in line coming from 13000kms of driving experience on a 1.5P ambient ecosport

Quote:

I have a few queries and was wondering if exp EcoSportians could share their valuable insight -

1. Turning Radius - It is HUGE. I felt that it is almost twice that of the WagonR and considerably larger than Honda City. Official statistics also agree. I'm afraid that this will cause difficulty while parking the car.
I have a City and a wagonR alongside ecosport in my stable so can completely relate to your observations. To be honest, it does get confusing at times and judgement levels go for a toss however it gets better with experience. Different cars with different characteristics are expected to give varied responses - Like softroad driving response of Ecosport is far better than a city

Quote:
2. Gearbox - The test drive car's gearbox was very tight. As per the agent, the gearbox is normally quite smooth.
No issues with the gearbox, not with a 1.5P atleast. Its smooth as butter

Quote:
3. Which variant? - As per me, the only useful feature in Titanium over Trend is the air-bag. Is it really worth shelling out an extra 1 lakh for the Titanium?
No substitute for safety however if the usage is limited to city - you could consider trend or for that matter ambient. I am pretty satisfied with "value for money" positioning of my ambient. If you are interested, i could offline share with you details of how i was able to add tit grade features at 10th of the cost

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th May 2014 at 06:19.
Old 6th May 2014, 19:55   #7064
BHPian

Quote:

Please advise. Thanks!
Turning Radius:
Before buying the Ecosport I was driving a Zen Estilo and I can tell you that the bigger turning radius is not a big concern. All it needs is some caution while doing the U-turns. You cant do a perfect U-turn in in one go standing close to the median in a normal road. Rather you need to come towards the left and proceed to do the U-turn. Else you will have to do some back and forth which becomes a pain in city roads. But I can tell you that except for this the turning radius has not been much of a worry for me. The light steering helps you while you do some tight parking.

The Gear shift:
Its not that bad either. The gear shift might not be smooth as silk as you might see in Hyndai cars but definitely has the mechanical feel which I like. It will require a bit of effort in a new car and will improve overtime.

Variant:
I chose the trend over the Titanium only because I couldn't afford it. Else I would have taken it. Airbags are not luxury anymore they are a necessity. Think this way, this 1 lakh is the premium that you are paying for a safer ride. In an unfortunate situation, the airbags do a great deal in saving our life. If its affordability, then I would suggest you go for the Trend. It has everything else that you want. You can read my ownership thread to know why I chose the Trend variant.
Jude300 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2014, 20:46   #7065
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
I can't understand how such a light, almost unnoticeable, impact can cause fuel leakage.
A few pictures of damage at the area where you hit the EcoSport and the area from where fuel is leaking. This will help us pin point the problem.

Quote:
1. Turning Radius - It is HUGE. I'm afraid that this will cause difficulty while parking the car.
Oh common. I don't think this should be a deal breaker for such a beautiful car. Once the car is bought a few miles in it and a few U-Turn's will make you get an hang of the car.

I don't think it is as huge and alarming as an Endeavour or Innova.

Quote:
It could be that the TD was badly driven around and not maintained properly. Why don't you try and TD another EcoSport to verify the issue.

Quote:
3. Which variant? - for the Titanium?
No replacement for life and no excuse for a safety feature that need not be used as it is in the car but just a passive need which helps have peaceful ownership. I know it easier said than done but if your short on budget then consider the 'Trend' variant else please go for the 'Titanium' one. You'll not regret it in future.

What was the odometer reading of the TD car?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks