Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2014, 09:24   #7081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
There is a light sensor on the back side of mirror facing windshield , we should observe a slight colour change of mirror once we cover the sensor even during day time . Kindly confirm whether this phenomenon is happening or not .
I see a sensor. But nothing happens even if i cover the sensor with my hand. Does it work in your Ecosport? Or anyone else's iver here? If yes, I must go and have a talk with my dealer.
Old 8th May 2014, 10:40   #7082
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
So, that means that the fog lamps should also be installed by the dealer? Since its an electrical item, I should not opt for after-market in this case. Ditto for DRL. Right?
Yes, fog lamps if installed from the dealer will show up the indication in the dashboard display console when turned ON, while the after-market ones won’t.

As far as the DRLs are concerned, it has already been discussed earlier in the thread that the Signature Headlamps (Headlight assembly with DRLs from Ford) are not bright enough in daylight to be noticeable while the after-market ones (some call them neons) are brighter, turn on indicators too and they don’t involve cutting of wires while installing. You can have a look at “ecosport rules” thread for that matter. The same can be installed in Delhi/NCR too. I’ll be getting them soon.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 11:06   #7083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
Yes, fog lamps if installed from the dealer will show up the indication in the dashboard display console when turned ON, while the after-market ones won’t.
This is wrong information! I have purchased an aftermarket fog light for 2K and fitted it on my Ecosport Trend from the Ford Dealer itself. And they did some programming and it worked just like stock (in Titanium model) i.e., the on/off indication show up in the display console. And you use the same stock knob to turn on/off. The problem is convincing your Ford dealer to do it.
iTNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 11:17   #7084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
This is wrong information! I have purchased an aftermarket fog light for 2K and fitted it on my Ecosport Trend from the Ford Dealer itself. And they did some programming and it worked just like stock (in Titanium model) i.e., the on/off indication show up in the display console. And you use the same stock knob to turn on/off. The problem is convincing your Ford dealer to do it.
Oh, my bad then. This is good news if there is no warranty threat warning from the dealer. Where did you buy them from? And which dealer did you get them installed from?

I feel paying 6.5k just for the fog lamps is quite a call so 2k sounds good, way to good.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:22   #7085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
I noticed that the flimsy plastic fuel tank has no protection underneath. It is also an inch or so below the level of chassis so it is susceptible to damage. I'm not impressed by the build quality of the tank or its fitting and positioning. Pictures attached.
IMHO, this is how it has been in the Ikon and the Fiesta too. Given the higher GC of the ecosport, it is not much of a concern.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:25   #7086
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
There is a light sensor on the back side of mirror facing windshield , we should observe a slight colour change of mirror once we cover the sensor even during day time . Kindly confirm whether this phenomenon is happening or not .
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I see a sensor. But nothing happens even if i cover the sensor with my hand. Does it work in your Ecosport? Or anyone else's iver here? If yes, I must go and have a talk with my dealer.
The sensor on the back of the mirror doesn't do much. It only very slightly adjusts for day and night.

The dimming function is controlled by the sensor below the mirror or sensor embedded in the mirror. When headlight from behind shines on this sensor it dims the mirror.

Best way to check is to cover the sensor and see if the reflection is bright then shine a bright torch on the mirror and check if it darkens up.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 11:30   #7087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The sensor on the back of the mirror doesn't do much. It only very slightly adjusts for day and night.

The dimming function is controlled by the sensor below the mirror or sensor embedded in the mirror. When headlight from behind shines on this sensor it dims the mirror.

Best way to check is to cover the sensor and see if the reflection is bright then shine a bright torch on the mirror and check if it darkens up.
Thanks vid6639, but I have tried it a lot of times. Even flashing my iPhone LED on the mirror. nothing happens besides me getting flashes of light in my eyes for a few hours have you installed the same? does it dim accordingly at night when it faces high beams from the back? I know it has an embedded sensor and not a secondary one like in the VW group cars. I am assuming its quite similar to the one in the Hyundai Verna or i20.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:33   #7088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Thanks vid6639, but I have tried it a lot of times. Even flashing my iPhone LED on the mirror. nothing happens besides me getting flashes of light in my eyes for a few hours have you installed the same? does it dim accordingly at night when it faces high beams from the back? I know it has an embedded sensor and not a secondary one like in the VW group cars. I am assuming its quite similar to the one in the Hyundai Verna or i20.
I don't have it installed in my Ecosport but it's there in my Altis. Can you put a photo of the same?

This mirror is powered so I'm assuming proper wiring has been done. Also there is an on/off switch for the dimming function.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:43   #7089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I don't have it installed in my Ecosport but it's there in my Altis. Can you put a photo of the same?

This mirror is powered so I'm assuming proper wiring has been done. Also there is an on/off switch for the dimming function.
I'll post a picture. Yes it is a powered mirror and assuming all wiring had been done properly, it should work 'plug-and-play' . Pressing the on/off button doesn't do anything though, besides a green light coming on/off respectively.
Old 8th May 2014, 15:35   #7090
BHPian

Just finished 2nd service at 10000 KM
They added 4.6 L engine oil with filter change.
When I pointed out that it should be 3.8 L as per the owner's manual they insisted it is 4.6 L as per their service manual.
Any views please.
Old 8th May 2014, 15:52   #7091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
When I pointed out that it should be 3.8 L as per the owner's manual they insisted it is 4.6 L as per their service manual.
Any views please.
Send a mail to custmail@ford.com asking them to clear the confusion at the workshop where you got it serviced.Also send a scanned copy of your service bill with that mail, it worked for us at vijayawada.

Last edited by damodar : 8th May 2014 at 15:55.
Old 8th May 2014, 15:54   #7092
BHPian

Fortune Ford, Tolichowki, Hyderabad.
They are insisting that it is 4.6 L as per their service manual. That is why I need further info from other owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Refer to your ecosport manual page 127 and show that to the service guys. From which dealer did you get it serviced?
Old 8th May 2014, 16:19   #7093
BANNED

Quote:
Any views please.

How can there be difference in what is mentioned in the owners manual and service manual? Which is to be believed then as customers will follow the owners manual.

Absolute blunder and please do write to Ford to get this confusion sorted.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 16:50   #7094
BHPian

Have already sent the email. But my doubt is which is correct? It is possible that owner's manual could be outdated. Normally service manual would be updated .

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Send a mail to custmail@ford.com asking them to clear the confusion at the workshop where you got it serviced.Also send a scanned copy of your service bill with that mail, it worked for us at vijayawada.
Old 8th May 2014, 17:09   #7095
BHPian

Quote:
Have already sent the email. But my doubt is which is correct? It is possible that owner's manual could be outdated. Normally service manual would be updated .
First check the engine oil level in your vehicle and if its above the max level then it is not correct right? My experience here is the dealer was contacted by ford and instructed to fill engine as per the manual 3.8 litres with filter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks