Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2014, 12:46   #7381
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hello.
Cant recall the name but saw somebody's sea grey ecosport with black painted stock alloys. Does anyone know whose ecosport it is. Looks great. Standing in the garage with white ecosport.
Please help
Old 10th June 2014, 15:35   #7382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadbike View Post
I think in Kerala we have a rule that Rs. 500 is the maximum one can deduct from the booking amount you have paid. This was in the news a few years back. Do you have any such rules where you live.
Yes, in Bangalore, Ford India deducts Rs 3000/- if you cancel the booking. This is the information based on last year. Booking amount was Rs. 50,000/- last year. Not sure why there was a difference of such amount in Kerala.

Last edited by yogeshnaik : 10th June 2014 at 15:37.
Old 10th June 2014, 15:51   #7383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimeowner View Post
Vid6639,

It would be awesome if this guy could courier these cloth spare wheel covers to my place too! Not for everyday use but as a safety measure! Please let us know.

Thanks in Advance!

I got the spare wheel cover done last weekend. It cost me 400/- & 20 minutes to get it done. I did ask him if he could courier out of Blore & he said yes .

Since i am still a newbie i cannot PM you the details
Old 10th June 2014, 16:00   #7384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Why would offend? This is either unfortunate (perhaps someone stole it) or silly.
I agree. One should never tamper the usage just for the looks. The Bare rim doesnt even look good on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Anyone can get a puncture anywhere, any time. If this driver does, then he's not going to go any further until he has spent time and money on getting a new wheel brought to his car.
May be he has a new tyre inside his boot, and the Bare rim , his style quotient
Amarendranath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2014, 20:12   #7385
BHPian

Nice wheel cover ramzys. I am also keen on one of these covers. I see you are from coimbatore area. Did you get it shipped from bangalore or did you have to go all the way. If you could send me the persons' contact details,I would like to get one for myself. Thanks

Last edited by differential : 10th June 2014 at 20:28. Reason: wrong quote
Old 11th June 2014, 00:00   #7386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Nice wheel cover ramzys. I am also keen on one of these covers. I see you are from coimbatore area. Did you get it shipped from bangalore or did you have to go all the way. If you could send me the persons' contact details,I would like to get one for myself. Thanks
Hey differential. I did give all the details of the guy in Bngalore a few pages back when you asked me about the cover. HEre's the post again:

I will try and check the contact number once again. I need to search for the card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Jai seat covers:

http://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/ja...P5128649_BZDET

1st cross of the JC road car accessories lane. Ask anyone for Car automobiles which is a big shop. 3-4 shops after that you will find a small shop in which the guy is stitching inside.

They stitch jeep soft tops mainly. You can select the colour. Don't go for white. It will get dirty very fast. Go for the black or try grey.

The guy's name there is Antony.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th June 2014 at 00:03.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 01:33   #7387
BHPian

Hi All,

Does anybody has clutch issues ? My car jerks after gear changes and in 2nd gear while crawling. service advisor says its because of wear and tear.

Boot door rattle noise on uneven surfaces.

Crappy goodyear tires, ABS working over the clock to stop wheel locks. just waiting to get rid of them ASAP.

TDCi , 26.5K Kms done.
Old 11th June 2014, 09:59   #7388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
...Does anybody has clutch issues ? My car jerks after gear changes and in 2nd gear while crawling. service advisor says its because of wear and tear.

TDCi , 26.5K Kms done.
A clutch bleeding should do just fine. 26.5K kms is quite low for a clutch replacement.
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 17:09   #7389
BHPian

Quote:
Hey differential. I did give all the details of the guy in Bngalore a few pages back when you asked me about the cover. HEre's the post again:

I will try and check the contact number once again. I need to search for the card.
Hey Differential i got the spare wheel cover done last week & he said he could ship it out of Blore as well. Below are the details

Mr. M Anthony
Jai Seat Covers
Mobile # 09880075578

highwaycruizer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 17:33   #7390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Vidyut, even i have got the same wheel cover for my ecosport at my native. Though its a cheaper solution i have found out some issues:
1. Naked tire with alloy looks much better(atleast in my case).
2. The main purpose of cover is to keep tires clean. Since cover is black in color, it gets dirty just like black tire.
3. Very easy to steal.
4. Important one, i had stuck "Got BHP?" sticker to the cover, now after couple of car wash,the sticker has started to come off. In search of a sticker, which would last long! Guess printing would be a better option.
Old 11th June 2014, 17:52   #7391
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Hey Vidyut, even i have got the same wheel cover for my ecosport at my native. Though its a cheaper solution i have found out some issues:
2. The main purpose of cover is to keep tires clean. Since cover is black in color, it gets dirty just like black tire.
3. Very easy to steal.
4. Important one, i had stuck "Got BHP?" sticker to the cover, now after couple of car wash,the sticker has started to come off. In search of a sticker, which would last long! Guess printing would be a better option.
To add to the above points,

Since the cover is black, it will get hotter in this season and can have issues on the tyre, though the colour of the cover can be changed.

Anurag.
Old 11th June 2014, 18:06   #7392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
3. Very easy to steal.
1. Agreed the naked tyre with the alloys looks the best but then people do go for the full plastic cover which is 12K. Instead of spending 12k and hiding the alloy it's better to spend 400. I wasn't too concerned that it won't look good but after putting it on I was not disappointed.

2. Yeah but it's way easier wiping the cover than the tyre. The tyre was a pain to clean and I'm a little finicky so did not like the dust accumulating on the tread. With this cover you can wipe it with a cloth whereas cleaning the tyre grooves is a royal pain.

3. Agreed, but don't think anyone will look at stealing a 400 buck cover unless you are parked in a risky place of town.

4. If you want to stick the sticker you will need to use gum. Just the sticker adhesive will not stick on rexine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
To add to the above points,

Since the cover is black, it will get hotter in this season and can have issues on the tyre, though the colour of the cover can be changed.

Anurag.
Yeah but it will never get hotter than when it is running on the car na. Imagine the heat on the front tyres when they are being run. The cover also protects against the elements rain, sun, dust.

By the way the old gen CR-V had a similar rexine cover on it. The facelift added a plastic cover instead of rexine.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 23:34   #7393

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
I have booked the ecosport petrol automatic yesterday at Fortune Ford. Called up all 3 dealers and asked for a 'realistic' delivery time. Mody and Vibrant committed 4-5 months, but the fortune guy told he could do it in 2-3 months. (I'm not sure if he is taking me for a ride). The Mody guy told they are delivering only 1 AT per month so it would take time.

When I asked the Fortune guy about the time difference, he said it depends on how many bookings each dealer has and maybe the other dealer has more AT bookings than us. He seemed genuine or
The sales manager at mody did tell me that they have long waiting period for petrol version and also for titanium O, I have cancelled my booking at vibrant and moved to mody. They convinced me that it will be delivered in 45 days.
Old 12th June 2014, 21:01   #7394
BHPian

Got my philips xtreme visions installed today. The short ride back from work was much better. Will update as and when.

The '0' position of the headlights seems too high in an otherwise empty car. Anybody facing this issue. Any remedies?
Old 12th June 2014, 21:32   #7395

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Hello.
Cant recall the name but saw somebody's sea grey ecosport with black painted stock alloys. Does anyone know whose ecosport it is. Looks great. Standing in the garage with white ecosport.
Please help

That would be my car.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cam00138-small.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cam00278-small.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cam00279-small.jpg
FlyinDoc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks