Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 21:49   #7396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Got my philips xtreme visions installed today. The short ride back from work was much better. Will update as and when.

The '0' position of the headlights seems too high in an otherwise empty car. Anybody facing this issue. Any remedies?
xtreme visions definitely make a difference. I am not facing any issue with the position. I drive alone most of the time.
Old 12th June 2014, 22:58   #7397

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjkonline View Post
Hello Mandy123, welcome to Team-Bhp. Congrats on your new car. When did you book your car?
I have booked the same in December first week, 2013. Visited my dealer today. Metro Ford claims no knowledge of decreased waiting periods and said it would take another 3-4 months. They say they are allotted only 50 odd vehicles every month and the number of bookings is very high. I find it difficult to believe that there is such a disparity in waiting times in different parts of the country. Thinking of writing an email to Ford but not sure it will be of any use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Hey mandy123!
It seems that you got your ecosport from Noida Ford. What was the waiting period like.? And which variant & colour did you buy?
I had booked one ecosport diesel titanium but had refunded my deposit due to looooong waiting periods at the same dealership.
Any pointers would be helpful.
Thanks
Rishi
Apologies for delay in responding - I was on the road with my new Ecosport! I actually booked it in last week of May and got it delivered in 5 days.

Yes, it was Noida Ford and there were a few catches. First, the ready delivery/quick delivery is told to be applicable only for Titanium/Titanium(O) Diesel. Second, only a few colors were available in ready stock - silver, white and grey. Other colors were promised to be delivered within 10-15 days. Since I wanted a silver Titanium (O) Diesel anyway, it worked for me. Also, they kind of forced to buy the insurance, essential pack and extended warranty from them. I would have got these anyway, so things worked in my favor for quick delivery.

My only gripe - got the MRFs....hoping to get them replaced soon. Cheers!
Old 12th June 2014, 23:25   #7398
BHPian

Quote:
I got a decent quote from HDFC ERGO with zero dep
Hey I too am planning to take zero dep from HDFC ERGO. How much did they quote you for zero dep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
In that case the Ford dealer in Mumbai is much better. All he said was give me the best quote you get and I will try & match it for you. I also refused to take the essential pack worth INR 18K & 3rd & 4th year extended warranty worth about 12K. All of this was agreed to without a fuss.
In my case (booked at Lathangi Ford), the SA offered me : "Sir, why do you take Insurance from us, take from outside, you will save 15k, don't take essential pack and don't take 3/4 Yr Warranty...you will save another 25k...". This was at the time of the price hike! I am too happy to comply...the only thing I am worried about is 3/4 Yr Extended Warranty...there is no option to separate Road Side assistance and this warranty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
and oh btw, I forgot to mention it.. the dealer did say that there is a high possibility of a price hike (in the range of 10-15K) coming in the next few months!!
I think this is just a marketing tactic. I feel Ford is done with milking the customers as much as they could and now the tougher part of their journey commences. My Titanium D Mars Red booking is 8 months old and I called up my dealer here and was a bit firm in my tone about delivery...also casually inquired about my Desire to change color. Got calls back from them the next day asking which color do I want...they are much more compliant now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnaik View Post

Yes, in Bangalore, Ford India deducts Rs 3000/- if you cancel the booking. This is the information based on last year. Booking amount was Rs. 50,000/- last year. Not sure why there was a difference of such amount in Kerala.
I think after a couple of price hikes Ford was not deducting the cancellation amount at all. Few folks got an email from Ford that there will be no cancellation fees. Don't know what the situation is now.

Last edited by GTO : 14th June 2014 at 15:24. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE functions, instead of typing one post right after another
Old 13th June 2014, 07:59   #7399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinDoc View Post

Hey.Your ride definitely looks amazing. I have the same colour and want to go with something like this. Can you please share details please. It would be great. It definitely looks hot. Cheers

Thank you
Old 13th June 2014, 11:20   #7400
BHPian

I've been searching for a detailed review of EcoSport 1.5 Petrol Manual, but couldn't find any. There are some reviews of 1.5 Petrol AT but either they focus mainly on the automatic transmission part or they skip the engine's review altogether.

Can anyone please share their driving experience with 1.5 Petrol Manual and how does it compare to Ecoboost engine? Especially in terms of pick-up, mileage, engine noise and smoothness. If such a review already exists, please guide me to it.

Last edited by dsunn : 13th June 2014 at 11:22.
Old 13th June 2014, 12:19   #7401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
I've been searching for a detailed review of EcoSport 1.5 Petrol Manual, but couldn't find any. There are some reviews of 1.5 Petrol AT but either they focus mainly on the automatic transmission part or they skip the engine's review altogether.

Can anyone please share their driving experience with 1.5 Petrol Manual and how does it compare to Ecoboost engine? Especially in terms of pick-up, mileage, engine noise and smoothness. If such a review already exists, please guide me to it.
I don't have Petrol 1.5 manual but I have test driven it. Actually after test drive I ended up buying the Ecoboost model. Leaving aside all creature comfort etc etc. The petrol engine feels pale for a 1.5 petrol, this was my opinion after test drive as I was looking for a upgrade from my diesel car and wanted outright power. But if you are a sane driver and mileage every month is not high then one can opt for petrol 1.5 manual.

Handling-wise both cars are not different, but if you ask me go for Ecoboost, it is in a league of its own.

BTW I'm driving to Leh on my Ecoboost (from Odisa) on 25th, will put up a detailed travelouge soon.

Happy driving..
Old 13th June 2014, 13:56   #7402
BHPian

Guys, Ford now offers a 5 year warranty (60 months) on the EcoSport! For those of us who have already purchased 4th year warranty, we cannot upgrade to 5th as of now! The dealer asked me to check back after 6 months for a top-up plan.

Source: http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...ended-warranty
xuv2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 17:36   #7403
BHPian

Quote:
After driving ES AT for 6 months+ - here is my wish list

1. 2 litre NA or 1.5/1.6l ecoboost engine in place of 1.5 NA engine. Not very interested in 1l ecoboost as it lacks low end grunt and will be a chore to move around in the city traffic. It will not suit the heft of ES AT (though may work on lighter fiesta and may be just liveable in the manual version).

2. Improved seats. Front seats are narrow, whereas back seats lack under thigh support. Fiesta seats would just fit!

3. DRL headlamps.

4. A bit more premium interiors.

Otherwise the vehicle is pretty good. 0-60kmph comes really fast - but then the mid range of the engine is weak - so poor highway drivability.
Old 13th June 2014, 18:41   #7404
BHPian

Quote:

I have the AT, and mated with the AT, the engine is bad. But things are much better when am using the toggles to change the gears manually. You just have to keep the RPM at least above 2K rpm. People generally keep the revvs below 2K and then complain about power. It is a mental block which you have to overcome. Explore revvs 3K-5K and you won't be disappointed.
blacksport is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 19:48   #7405

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
Hey.Your ride definitely looks amazing. I have the same colour and want to go with something like this. Can you please share details please. It would be great. It definitely looks hot. Cheers

Thank you

Thanks. Just painted the wheels glossy black and the front calipers green. I love the 'sleeper' look. I've detailed the tyre and tuning box upgrades in my earlier post - think page 463.
FlyinDoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 01:45   #7406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
I have the AT, and mated with the AT, the engine is bad. But things are much better when am using the toggles to change the gears manually. You just have to keep the RPM at least above 2K rpm. People generally keep the revvs below 2K and then complain about power. It is a mental block which you have to overcome. Explore revvs 3K-5K and you won't be disappointed.
Well, conventional wisdom says that revving is bad for the engine. The logic goes that it creates unnecessary stress on the engine and results in frictional wears. And, then there is the big mileage issue... therefore, most people avoid revving the engine while driving.

My opinion is that modern-day engines are more robust and can easily withstand short-bursts of mid revvs (2000 to 3500 rpms) while accelerating on daily basis. So, you're right... if one feels that the torque is less during lower speeds, revving is definitely a viable option.

I used to drive Wagon R CNG and it always felt under-powered (especially when the AC was on)... so, I revved the engine while accelerating. However, I used to avoid revving the engine during the initial 2-3kms of the journey (allowing sufficient time for lubrication and engine heat-up).

Last edited by dsunn : 14th June 2014 at 01:51.
Old 14th June 2014, 03:40   #7407
BANNED

any updates on ecoboost + dct combo coming to India soon ? I guess it's started to be available around the world now..
Old 14th June 2014, 07:41   #7408
BHPian

Quote:

Well, conventional wisdom says that revving is bad for the engine. The logic goes that it creates unnecessary stress on the engine and results in frictional wears. And, then there is the big mileage issue... therefore, most people avoid revving the engine while driving.

My opinion is that modern-day engines are more robust and can easily withstand short-bursts of mid revvs (2000 to 3500 rpms) while accelerating on daily basis. So, you're right... if one feels that the torque is less during lower speeds, revving is definitely a viable option.

I used to drive Wagon R CNG and it always felt under-powered (especially when the AC was on)... so, I revved the engine while accelerating. However, I used to avoid revving the engine during the initial 2-3kms of the journey (allowing sufficient time for lubrication and engine heat-up).
I would be more worried about lugging an engine than revving. 5k is nowhere near the range where you would damage the engine. And don't you think it is strange that people but 100 bhp engines only to drive at low rpm where they do not see even a quarter of the performance that the engine promises?

The ecosport's 1.5P engine, though not exactly revv happy as a Honda engine, does not groan a lot if revved hard. I had revved to redline, which I have not even done in my civic, and I should say, it is not too loud.

I agree with your suggestion that the car should be driven lightly until it has been heated up sufficiently.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2014, 08:40   #7409
BANNED

Quote:
You just have to keep the RPM at least above 2K rpm. People generally keep the revvs below 2K and then complain about power. It is a mental block which you have to overcome.
Quote:
My opinion is that modern-day engines are more robust and can easily withstand short-bursts of mid revvs (2000 to 3500 rpms) while accelerating on daily basis.
Agree with both of you fully. But the problem I see is incorrect match of gearing v/s speed. They keep it in higher gear and chug at 40-50 kmph harming the engine and complain on low power. Lugging kills the engine (mechanical empathy).

I drive a Swift ZDi and I love keeping the cars engine in between 2200 - 2500 RPM where ever possible under safety. The turbo kick is unbeatable and very addictive. I have never felt low on power issue but yes the engine is noisy above 110 - 120 kmph. It gives me a feeling like I'm killing the engine so I let go the throttle.

Anurag.
Old 14th June 2014, 09:46   #7410
BHPian

Quote:
The ecosport's 1.5P engine, though not exactly revv happy as a Honda engine, does not groan a lot if revved hard. I had revved to redline, which I have not even done in my civic, and I should say, it is not too loud.
Maybe repeating this question, but how does the 1.5P perform on uphill drives, especially with passengers & luggage?

Is there a 'Racetronics' chip available to boost the performance of the 1.5P if we may wish to in future?

I like the Ecosport, but a 1.5P has never been available to test drive & am concerned how the heavy weight of this car affects performance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks