Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2014, 10:47   #7546
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
That was exactly what I was talking about earlier. That is why Honda coolly asks for 6k for replacing a non-remote spare key. I found this article on the internet.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com...on-system1.htm
Exactly it is the RFID chip in the key linked to immobilizer of the vehicle. I lost a key of my CRV and honda replacement is very expensive. My local auto mechanic gave an offer to remove the chip from the existing key and stick it near the ignition key insert. Once this is done immobilizer becomes useless and any cut key will work!! Jugad at its best!

My friends Innova had a faulty immobilizer and he had to change the entire key set. The car was out of warrant and he had to pay 15000 for the same. In case of key less entry the turn type of ignition switch is simply replaced by a push button type.
Old 4th July 2014, 14:03   #7547
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure, risga. In the situation I described, both front wheels were spinning and throwing the grit around, where back wheels would have had fine traction on the concrete drive.

Overkill, sure --- but because the car got a grip in the end, and I did get out.

Also, the problem might not have happened if I had been able to take a good run at it, but that would have meant not looking and could have been dangerous to others. The next time, I sent Mrs G out to indicate if it was safe to come onto the road:
cheaper than a new 4WD vehicle

~
Old 4th July 2014, 15:27   #7548
BHPian

What if we keep a spare battery in the glove box. Open car with the key which is inside fob. Put new battery and start the car?
niks_devil666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 15:47   #7549
BHPian

Why Ecosport ?
Fell head over heels seeing it in the auto expo
Drove one with three of my friends(we all loved it)
Pre booked one
Owned one from the very first batch
Clocked more than 27000km till date (got it on July 1st last year)

Suits my requirements

LOVED it then...
LOVING it still...

Need I say more ?
jojoinassi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 23:54   #7550
Distinguished - BHPian

The EcoSport sees another price hike, but this time it's a minor one, reports CarDekho. Depending on the variant, the price hike is anywhere between 10,000 rupees - 14,000 rupees dearer.

The new revised ex-showroom Delhi prices are:-

1.5L Petrol:

AMBIENTE = Rs 6,33,973/-
TREND = Rs 7,29,127/-
TITANIUM = Rs 8,25,294/-
TITANIUM (A/T) = Rs 9,19,457/-

1.0L EcoBoost Petrol:

TITANIUM = Rs 8,64,620/-
TITANIUM (O) = Rs 9,17,665/-

1.5L Diesel:

AMBIENTE = Rs 7,39,456/-
TREND = Rs 8,19,094/-
TITANIUM = Rs 9,18,845/-
TITANIUM (O) = Rs 9,73,067/-

SOURCE - CarDekho

Last edited by RavenAvi : 4th July 2014 at 23:55.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2014, 23:04   #7551
BHPian

I visited Ford showroom to enquire about the status of my vehicle. My SA had promised delivery within 3 months and 2 months have already gone by since I booked my 1.5 Petrol MT Titanium.

Firstly, I was concerned when I came to know that 1.5 Petrol Titanium bookings are now closed. It gives the impression that Ford is not pushing forward with Petrol deliveries and whether this would result in further delay in the delivery of my car.

When I asked the Showroom manager if he has received any information from Ford regarding the status of my car, he had a blank face. He merely replied that my booking is "already in Ford's system" and assured me that my car will be delivered in a month. However, I could sense that he himself didn't seem confident about the "assurance" he gave me. He suggested me to book Diesel and promised delivery within a week, but I said no.

I'm very concerned right now and apprehensive about the car's delivery time. I'm wondering what to do next since I definitely need a new car within 2 months. Any suggestions?

Last edited by dsunn : 5th July 2014 at 23:09.
Old 6th July 2014, 00:02   #7552
BHPian

I really have no idea if the booking system is maintained by the dealer or ford. Having booked the titanium o diesel mars red more than 3 months back from Ganges Ford, I am yet to receive my car. Meanwhile the car became dearer by around 15k otr. On enquiring the SA she told me that ford is not sending them cars with mars red in tit o variant, so please take white or grey which is available. Had ford taken my booking wouldn't they be painting my ride red instead of the other odd colors out there? The dealership probably gets a lot of random cars from ford (25 per month what the SA told me) and we are at the mercy of dealer when they choose to give our variant and color
Old 6th July 2014, 19:51   #7553
BHPian

Phew!
Thanks for the information limited-edition!
That sorts out my query

BTW, while taking delivery of my car, I asked the same question to my sales executive. He also clarified somewhat (in bits and pieces lol)
Old 7th July 2014, 12:39   #7554
BHPian

AC runs Hot

In the last 9 months of use I got this problem three times.
Everyday I put the temp at 22, circulation mode. I always switch off the car with the AC ON.
When I switch on the engine the AC started blowing hot air.
The first time I shut off the AC, fan , put temp at 18 and restarted the AC. It worked.
The second time it happened, I simply put the temp to 18 and it cooled after a few minutes.
Yesterday nothing worked. I switched off the engine and restarted with temp at 16, but still no change. Then I stopped the engine for about 5 minutes and this time it worked.
What could be problem? Could it be dust on the temp sensor?

Last edited by Srinivas C : 7th July 2014 at 12:40.
Old 7th July 2014, 13:39   #7555
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: AC runs Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Ecosport ACC itself is one big mystery or works in a weird manner as per the reports. Earlier it was recirculation mode had to be manually pressed each time (as many owners had mentioned). Even I had this problem, but now everything works fine. I think it's got something to do with how the ACC is switched off. I switch off the AC and then the main blower unit. The temperature is always kept at 22. Next time when I want to switch it on, I just switch on the AC. Recirculation mode is on by default. I had even experienced a similar case like yours where hot air blows initially. For this, I switched off the AC (only AC and not the blower unit) and switched it on. It worked fine after that. Also, I noticed this happened at night only. Might be because of the cool interiors and the ACC wanted to warm up the interiors to bring it to a comfortable level. Try following the method I use to switch off the ACC while stopping the car. It might work.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:12   #7556
BHPian

Re: AC runs Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
In the last 9 months of use I got this problem three times.
Everyday I put the temp at 22, circulation mode. I always switch off the car with the AC ON.
When I switch on the engine the AC started blowing hot air.
The first time I shut off the AC, fan , put temp at 18 and restarted the AC. It worked.
The second time it happened, I simply put the temp to 18 and it cooled after a few minutes.
Yesterday nothing worked. I switched off the engine and restarted with temp at 16, but still no change. Then I stopped the engine for about 5 minutes and this time it worked.
There seems to be a a predictable behavior in my car. If the outside temperature is >= inside temperature + 3 degrees the AC chills. Otherwise the hot air blows.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:22   #7557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
... Had ford taken my booking wouldn't they be painting my ride red instead of the other odd colors out there? The dealership probably gets a lot of random cars from ford (25 per month what the SA told me) and we are at the mercy of dealer when they choose to give our variant and color
The company doesn't paint cars based on the bookings logged. Every time, they decide the color of a batch of cars based on demand and produce it in bulk. Then they send it to the dealers. So it may happen that they might be getting colors other than based on the order book sequence.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 7th July 2014 at 16:39. Reason: Made some corrections.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:30   #7558
BHPian

Got a call from Cargo Ford, Ahmedabad today. The sales girl asked me that you had inquired about Ecosport so what are your plans now, i was shocked because i already took delivery of the vehicle in October. What an awesome service. When a customer is curious about a car then we dont get a descent response and now they are calling the potential customer(not in this case) themselves. Think sales have slowed down. There is GOD.

Note from Support:
Extra smiley was removed. Please refer forum rules before proceeding. Thanks.

Last edited by bblost : 7th July 2014 at 16:39.
Old 8th July 2014, 02:22   #7559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Think sales have slowed down. There is GOD.
Nope: just that they have various limbs none of which are connected by a brain.
Old 8th July 2014, 09:43   #7560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Ford EcoSport has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 5.59 - 8.99 lakhs (ex-Delhi).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The new revised ex-showroom Delhi prices are:-
1.5L Petrol:
AMBIENTE = Rs 6,33,973/-
1.5L Diesel:
TITANIUM (O) = Rs 9,73,067/-
That's almost 80k increase within the first year! Resale value should be good for the existing owners!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks