Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-505.html)

A weird question on Ecosport.stupid:

Had anyone thought of or rather considered getting after market seats fixed at the boot in an opposite facing configuration making the vehicle a 7 seater. Does the boot space allow it to happen?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarkarthi (Post 3472882)
A weird question on Ecosport.stupid:

Had anyone thought of or rather considered getting after market seats fixed at the boot in an opposite facing configuration making the vehicle a 7 seater. Does the boot space allow it to happen?

I don't think there is enough space in the already smallish boot to get seats fixed.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samfromindia (Post 3471326)
I really have no idea if the booking system is maintained by the dealer or ford. Having booked the titanium o diesel mars red more than 3 months back from Ganges Ford, I am yet to receive my car. Meanwhile the car became dearer by around 15k otr. On enquiring the SA she told me that ford is not sending them cars with mars red in tit o variant, so please take white or grey which is available. Had ford taken my booking wouldn't they be painting my ride red instead of the other odd colors out there? The dealership probably gets a lot of random cars from ford (25 per month what the SA told me) and we are at the mercy of dealer when they choose to give our variant and color

I think the booking order is maintained by the dealer and the booking information is shared with Ford. Ford collates all the bookings across dealers and decides variants and colors for a particular batch. There is not much information available on how exactly a manufacturer goes about this decision. Post that, Ford would inform the dealer with the list of vehicles that it would dispatch. Based on what's coming, Dealer would allot based on the booking order that he maintains.

There could be more than reason for the dealer suggesting you white or grey. They might have stocked these colors and variants and there are no takers for these. Other could be that if the waiting period increases, they might lose the customer(you) and are offering options to retain the customer. Its not easy for you know whats the reason.

Things becoming little more interesting. Mars Red is a popular colour thats booked in Bangalore(as per a dealer whom i spoke to). But White is popular in Andhra. So if Mars Red is not a popular option across the nation but popular in your city, then the chances of you getting a Mars Red are pushed further. This is because Mars Red may not be frequent in production and so a dealer would get fewer of that. Plus the fact that there are others waiting for Mars Red with your dealer will make the wait longer for you

Hope this helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 3472795)
That's almost 80k increase within the first year! Resale value should be good for the existing owners! :)

Very good, in fact. Those who bought their EcoSports in the first few months of it's launch would benefit the most.

Pre-owned EcoSports are springing up in the market these days, and at reasonable prices too. Win-win for both buyer and seller alike.

Examples in our Team-BHP classifieds itself - here, here, here.

Help needed!

My Ecosport AT has completed 10.5 months and 5.6K kms. Today when I started the car, the following message popped up. I switched off and on again, and the message again popped up.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-engineoilchange.jpg

I do not know if this is some routine reminder or if there is something wrong with the engine oil. Second service is actually due in 12 months or 10K kms, neither of which is satisfied.

Should I service it immediately or wait for 12 months?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3473974)
Help needed!

My Ecosport AT has completed 10.5 months and 5.6K kms. Today when I started the car, the following message popped up. I switched off and on again, and the message again popped up.

Attachment 1259601

I do not know if this is some routine reminder or if there is something wrong with the engine oil. Second service is actually due in 12 months or 10K kms, neither of which is satisfied.

It depends on your driving conditions. If you drive in city traffic the oil change reminder may pop up earlier. The 10K kms is a recommendation but if the car recommends it then better to get it done.

Quote:

Help needed!

The service reminder comes just before 10k kms, 9994kms to be exact in my case. In your case I think it's because you are nearing the 1 year service period. I would suggest you to get it checked and get the oil replaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3473975)
It depends on your driving conditions. If you drive in city traffic the oil change reminder may pop up earlier. The 10K kms is a recommendation but if the car recommends it then better to get it done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3473995)
The service reminder comes just before 10k kms, 9994kms to be exact in my case. In your case I think it's because you are nearing the 1 year service period. I would suggest you to get it checked and get the oil replaced.

I checked the PDF report given by wildon and see that the manufacturing date of my car was July 8, 2013. So is it possible that it is going by the manufacturing date?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3474001)
I checked the PDF report given by wildon and see that the manufacturing date of my car was July 8, 2013. So is it possible that it is going by the manufacturing date?

Yes, then that should be the case. You can get it serviced. Make sure that they reset the reminder (most of them forget to do this). In case they forget, you can manually reset it. I had put up the instructions on this thread.

Just a hunch, I may well be wrong. Just check if the system "date" is correct? Else, just ignore.

Quote:

Help needed!

Attachment 1259601

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3474001)

Aha. I see it is more straight forward. I thought Ford had started using complex oil quality sensors like BMW/Merc that would recommend based on usage environment.

Your probably right and in that case it is one year from manufacturing date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3474009)
Yes, then that should be the case. You can get it serviced. Make sure that they reset the reminder (most of them forget to do this). In case they forget, you can manually reset it. I had put up the instructions on this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by risga (Post 3474032)
Just a hunch, I may well be wrong. Just check if the system "date" is correct? Else, just ignore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3474044)
Aha. I see it is more straight forward. I thought Ford had started using complex oil quality sensors like BMW/Merc that would recommend based on usage environment.

Your probably right and in that case it is one year from manufacturing date.

Yeh, it would be a surprise if they included all those gadgetry in a 10L car. Even the 15L Civic just had a mention in the manual about changing oil sooner if driving under harsh conditions, but no gadgetry.

But, still a question remains. Should I go with what the car says, or wait for full 12 months? Isn't 10.5 months a tad too early?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3474056)
Yeh, it would be a surprise if they included all those gadgetry in a 10L car. Even the 15L Civic just had a mention in the manual about changing oil sooner if driving under harsh conditions, but no gadgetry.

But, still a question remains. Should I go with what the car says, or wait for full 12 months? Isn't 10.5 months a tad too early?

It's basically stored and no major sensors involved. Something like a reminder/alarm set at 10k kms/10k kms, 20k kms and so on. Else, a normal person would not be able to reset the reminder (which I did). As for the oil change, go ahead with it. Some manufacturers do strictly monitor and if you skip or show some delay, they will create unwanted problems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3131320)
The Smaller yet Significant Things:

@Vid6639 - I have been driving my EcoSport TDC1 Titanium for around 6 months now. Just made 10000km off for service tomorrow. You have told me a lot of things which I have wondered for what it was actually meant to be. I was really late to follow this forum as I was busy taking care of my XUV5OO.

What I feel is, the staff at Ford here (Cochin) are not well educated on what each and every single bit on the EcoSport is all about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 3474137)
What I feel is, the staff at Ford here (Cochin) are not well educated on what each and every single bit on the EcoSport is all about.

Exactly. I have faced many problems here in Cochin and the technicians do not understand one bit especially when it comes to the sensors and the complex features of the Ecosport. But there are couple of guys I find reasonable maybe because they have now received some training.