Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-506.html)

Hey Folks,

Awesome thread this one! And now i can proudly say that I am a part of it!

Got my White Beast EcoSport Titanium yesterday! clap: Looking for some inputs from you guys,

1) I am planning to get the vinly seat covers from Ford. How are they? Do they get hot in sun?

2) Also please guide me on the floor mat. which one is the best?

3) Thirdly which sunfilm will be the best? I saw one from 3m and they are charging 5100 for the entire car!

Thanks in Advance and Keep Revvin'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 3474571)
Exactly. I have faced many problems here in Cochin and the technicians do not understand one bit especially when it comes to the sensors and the complex features of the Ecosport. But there are couple of guys I find reasonable maybe because they have now received some training.

I have just given my Vehicle for second service at KAIRALI FORD in Palarivattom, I had a casual off the book sort of discussion with a senior service guy. When I told him about the viper blade being inferior compared to my other car he didn't even hesitate to quote that "I have been in the industry for almost 20 years, and I have been with Ford for around 8 years now.. I will never buy Ford just because of their service"

Other than that, they said they can't help me with the Headlamp upgrade and asked me to get it done from outside.

Quick Question : The service guy just called me up and told me that the underbody coating has not been done. He said it is going to be around 3500rs with a 5 year warranty thing. How about the ones from 3M, Petes etc. Any suggestion

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 3474629)
Quick Question : The service guy just called me up and told me that the underbody coating has not been done. He said it is going to be around 3500rs with a 5 year warranty thing. How about the ones from 3M, Petes etc. Any suggestion

I got it done from 3M (paint sealant and underbody). Should be the same rate as mentioned by Ford. But I would prefer 3M over Ford. For wax I would suggest Pete's.

I got 3M done from Ford itself. Got the 3M warranty card too. Think it's available at all Ford dealerships, at least in Kerala .

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemmmer (Post 3275980)
I am taking delivery of my Diesel Titanium on Sunday. Please can anyone share the experience with official Ford vinyl seat covers as shown below?

I like the appearance but not sure about the comfort. I live in hot Rajasthan and not sure whether they are suitable for dry and hot climate. Will they get too hot under the sun? Will my back be sweating during long drives?

Disclaimer: Image taken from this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3274675

Hey how are the seat covers turning out to be? I am planning to get the same one for my ecosport too! please: help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport_101 (Post 3474797)
Hey how are the seat covers turning out to be? I am planning to get the same one for my ecosport too! please: help!

I did not buy them in the end so cannot advise. I am still continuing with original fabric seats. Sorry!

Do share your experience if you do buy them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagha (Post 3238055)
Got seat leather seat covers for my AT delivered today.will get them installed soon.My previous post about the delivery of my AT on 23rd august and michelin 3ST tyres was not approved and did not appear in the posts.I wonder why?Trying again because I have personally benefited from the information provided here and hence feel its my turn to give back whatever little I can.If it still does not appear Its going to be my last post.

Hey how are the covers? and can you please share the pics if possible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshuchadha (Post 3254622)
Jude, thanks buddy! The Dolphin Seat covers came pre-stitched made to the exact measurement of contours of the EcoSport seats. I verified this before fitting. They did not dismantle the seats. The central stitch on the seats were opened (both the back and bottom seats) and the seat covers were bucket fitted, the original cloth wasn't removed and is present beneath these covers . The quality is very good and for Rs.7000 these seemed a fair value. The person who came home and fitted them took Rs.700 as labour charges. He completed the job in front of me in about 3 hours.

Arun! I am attaching pics of the covers. Thanks for your wishes!!

Hey these look awesome, congrats. I searched almost everywhere for these but not finding them. Can you please give me the contact details of the person from whom you got them fitted.

And also whats your review on these seat covers? are they comfortable? and do they get heated up?

Mods: Sorry for the back to back posts. just learning the concept of multi quote! lol:

Got this snap clicked from today's Times Of India, Chennai Edition. Had never seen an ad for Ecosport in the last one year post launch from Ford. Don't know if Ecosport sales has it's honeymoon period over (or) a marketing activity to attract buyers and maintain the numbers during the non-auspicious tamil month(Aadi) while which people normally don't buy/attempt new things in TN.

I had a question for Bangalore EcoSport Owners, Has anybody got Metal sheet fabricated for the oil sump. EcoSport comes with underneath protection which is of carboard type material. An OEM Accessory guard made of ABS plastic is too costly :Frustrati

I need to get a metal guard fabricated as I am planning to do a leh trip in August. Any info would be helpfull. I know fellow Bhpian Ecosportrules has got it done in Hyderabad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivank (Post 3466992)
They understand Indian weather and road conditions too. Which means when-it-rains-it-pours. And when it pours the road they take chokes! So they think that 200mm of whatever Ford is boasting about might work, no?

Its actually 550mm of water wading capacity. Its raining heavily in Bangalore today evening and I may have used half of that. :D Whatever reasons people buy this car for, the ground clearance, water wading capacity, high driving position and relatively compact dimensions make it a nice car to drive in this city. I also own the last generation Honda City. So one can imagine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruchirtnt (Post 3236079)
I got the following accessories installed on my Eco Tit (O)

1. Cross bar - 4200
2. Air deflector - 4100
3. Sun film - 6000
4. Spare wheel cover - 10000

Ordered following:

1. Philips Extreme vision
2. Collinite 845 wax plosh and Formula 1 car shampoo

Awaiting availability of following:

1. Sporty pedal set
2. Illuminated scuff plates

Can anybody help me with some nice number plate option for Ecosport

Hey any particular brand of sunfilm? I am going to install one tomorrow so please guide! please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by drjkonline (Post 3475076)
Its actually 550mm of water wading capacity. Its raining heavily in Bangalore today evening and I may have used half of that. :D Whatever reasons people buy this car for, the ground clearance, water wading capacity, high driving position and relatively compact dimensions make it a nice car to drive in this city. I also own the last generation Honda City. So one can imagine.

+1 I agree agree:

These are the very reasons i bought EcoSport after driving Hyundai I20 in Bangalore, not scared of scrapping the cars' underbelly anymore :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwaycruizer (Post 3475050)
I had a question for Bangalore EcoSport Owners, Has anybody got Metal sheet fabricated for the oil sump. EcoSport comes with underneath protection which is of carboard type material. An OEM Accessory guard made of ABS plastic is too costly :Frustrati

I need to get a metal guard fabricated as I am planning to do a leh trip in August. Any info would be helpfull. I know fellow Bhpian Ecosportrules has got it done in Hyderabad.

I am going this Saturday to get this done. I have been quoted 7500 for 4mm aluminum custom made engine guard. It's at TDI racing behind jakkur aerodrome. If you can also join then we can try and bargain.

30k kms report from a fellow ecosport owner. Fuel filter costs a whopping 3400/-. Labor cost around 2000 and the total bill came to 9000/-.