Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2014, 13:10   #7621
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
I am going this Saturday to get this done. I have been quoted 7500 for 4mm aluminum custom made engine guard. It's at TDI racing behind jakkur aerodrome. If you can also join then we can try and bargain.

Hey Sunil did you get this done. What is the weight of the Aluminium Guard ? Also request you please share the contact details of the fabricator.
Old 12th July 2014, 15:11   #7622
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Is anyone here having a Ecosport A/T ?

Any issues so far with the DCT etc ?

Also any active threads on it here on team-bhp ? If yes please help me with the links.
Karan - other than the links provided by Gannu, check these posts from member ACM as well. You may find it useful:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3283507
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3297060
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 15:25   #7623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
They have mentioned the 550 mm waterwading part in the brochure and in the official blog:

Attachment 1260672

Attachment 1260673

Source: Driving Ford - Ecosport
This is the confusing part. when they say water wading upto 550mm it's standing water. Even a splash of water from a bus or truck is sometimes enough to render the engine seized.

The older Fiesta classic had a 450mm water wading capability which Ford used to advertise.

I give you this thread from me of my uncles Fiesta that had the same problem in same Kolkata.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...a-trouble.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post475672

And Jaggu's thread on CR-V that also needed new engine after splash from a bus:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1317398
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 18:54   #7624
BHPian

Guys, one question.
The new fiesta comes with auto folding ORVMs, can those be fitted in the Ecosport? If we swap the whole ORVMs and the operating knob on the inside?
Old 12th July 2014, 19:26   #7625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is the confusing part. when they say water wading upto 550mm it's standing water. Even a splash of water from a bus or truck is sometimes enough to render the engine seized.

The older Fiesta classic had a 450mm water wading capability which Ford used to advertise.

I give you this thread from me of my uncles Fiesta that had the same problem in same Kolkata.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...a-trouble.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...tml#post475672

And Jaggu's thread on CR-V that also needed new engine after splash from a bus:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1317398
Ok - my question is simple. Notwithstanding all of the above, does the Ecosport have better water wading capability than sedans and hatches all conditions being equal? I'm guessing it should - in terms of a straight comparison.
Old 12th July 2014, 20:35   #7626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
Hey Sunil did you get this done. What is the weight of the Aluminium Guard ? Also request you please share the contact details of the fabricator.
I had gone there today. They are shifting their entire setup to a new location and are in the shifting process. I met Kiran ( 78 99 099999) who happens to be my friends friend.
He has asked me to leave the vehicle for a day for this. This is the first time they are doing it to an Ecosport although they have for other cars including a Optra of a bhpian.
He will call me once the fabricator is ready.
Old 12th July 2014, 21:16   #7627
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Ok - my question is simple. Notwithstanding all of the above, does the Ecosport have better water wading capability than sedans and hatches all conditions being equal? I'm guessing it should - in terms of a straight comparison.
Yes 100%!!! anyday better than any sedan out there or even premium hatch. Air intake is higher and it can definitely wade in higher water level.

These are all freak incidents which require small amount of understanding of the vehicle. For example which side is my air intake, which side is the exhaust and to make sure you don't stall or let the revs fall too low when driving through water.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2014, 22:14   #7628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
does the Ecosport have better water wading capability than sedans and hatches all conditions being equal?
That wouldn't actually be difficult.

"Ordinary" cars are not designed to "wade" at all. Whilst they might survive more in an unforseen emergency, I seem to remember being told never to go deeper than tire depth.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th July 2014 at 23:06. Reason: deleting duplicate post
Old 13th July 2014, 09:08   #7629
Distinguished - BHPian

This is a list of all the diagnosed issues in EcoSport (and other Ford cars) which are supposed to be rectified by Ford service centers. There's a board put up in some service stations.

If your model is included and not yet checked, insist the workshop for same at the earliest.

Courtesy - TAI

Fiesta Classic (2011 – 2012)
Date Diagnosed: Sep 2013
Problem: Rear twist bean inspection and replacement for crack issue.

Fiesta Classic (31 Aug 2010 – 28 Nov 2011)
Date Diagnosed: Sep 2013
Problem: Power steering high pressure hose leakage

New Fiesta (2011 – 2014), EcoSport (2013 – 2014)
Date Diagnosed: Oct 2013
Problem: Intermittent transmission clutch shudder on powershift / transmission fluid leak

EcoSport (built before 16 Oct 2013)
Date Diagnosed: Nov 2013
Problem: Engine malfunction indicator on intermittently. And associated low power / rough idle symptom with DTC code P2119 or P2108

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: Dec 2013
Problem: Rear coil spring noise

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: Jan 2014
Problem: Some issue with LHS taillamp

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: March 2014
Problem: Some issue related to window

EcoSport
Date Diagnosed: March 2014
Problem: Lift gate rattle
naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 14:13   #7630
BHPian

The pending orders of Ford EcoSport are being cleared very fast. Now EcoSport is available in Pune with less than a month waiting period.
Old 13th July 2014, 15:37   #7631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
The pending orders of Ford EcoSport are being cleared very fast. Now EcoSport is available in Pune with less than a month waiting period.
Only for Diesel.

1.5 Petrol still has a 3+ months waiting period. Many dealers are no longer taking bookings in fact.
Old 13th July 2014, 22:52   #7632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
I had a question for Bangalore EcoSport Owners, Has anybody got Metal sheet fabricated for the oil sump. EcoSport comes with underneath protection which is of carboard type material. An OEM Accessory guard made of ABS plastic is too costly

I need to get a metal guard fabricated as I am planning to do a leh trip in August. Any info would be helpfull. I know fellow Bhpian Ecosportrules has got it done in Hyderabad.

You can try this

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/JINKE...793780842.html
Old 14th July 2014, 08:36   #7633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Talera Ford indicated, 10 days ago, a minimum delivery period of 6 months for the 1.5P-AT. Looks like they have enough capacity for the diesel engines but are facing problems in sourcing the 1.5P & the AT box.
Old 14th July 2014, 11:03   #7634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Guys, the Ecosport can negotiate bad and flooded roads better than other hatchbacks and sedans, but it is important not to get carried away and try something drastic. Always stay on the safer side. For one the exhaust pipe under the body hangs a bit too low. Again, the advertised 500mm water wading capability does not seem to have worked for at least one person. So excercise caution.

Copy-pasting from another forum. This incident occurred in 2013.
Well i somewhat believe that even though there Ecosport is capable of 550mm water wading, there might be chances that would cause the car to stall. This depends on lot of factors.
That said it is definitely better than sedans and hatchback.
For instance yesterday i had to pass through a water log which was around 2 Feet Deep. While the two wheelers avoided and turned back, i could just zip through.
Old 14th July 2014, 12:10   #7635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Well i somewhat believe that even though there Ecosport is capable of 550mm water wading, there might be chances that would cause the car to stall. This depends on lot of factors.
That said it is definitely better than sedans and hatchback.
For instance yesterday i had to pass through a water log which was around 2 Feet Deep. While the two wheelers avoided and turned back, i could just zip through.
Of course we are better off than sedans. I just advised not to get carried away and try something drastic. You might find out that it wasn't your lucky day when you are least expecting it.

Yesterday while going through a narrow road, the car in front of me suddenly stopped, possibly because he wanted to get something from the nearby shop. The other lane was flooded with water, so I honked. He signaled me to go over the water, but I didn't budge. Finally he moved the car forward and parked a few meters away, clear from the water. I didn't want to take a risk just because somebody wanted to park on the middle of my lane. In unavoidable circumstances, I would test my car's water wading capabilities. Till then, I'd stay clear of taking chances.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks