Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-511.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sup? (Post 3478882)
Hi All
I got my ecosport last July. Of late I have been running into an issue. When I try to accelerate the car in 3rd or 4th gear with the AC on, the whole car just rattles and is unable to accelerate at all. I have to switch off the AC, run the car in 2nd gear for a bit and then shift to 3rd and accelerate to avoid this. This was seen a couple of times earlier but I ignored it assuming the issue was temporary or an error from my side. Now this has become very common and happens almost 50% of the time. I am amazed that something can go wrong in a car so new. Any ideas on what could be the issue here?

Thanks

Is your car diesel or petrol? One of my friends has diesel and he faced a similar issue with pickup ( though there was no rattling).

The car was ultimately taken back by the service center and he was given a replacement after 2 months.

You should contact service center / Ford.

Quote:

When I try to accelerate the car in 3rd or 4th gear with the AC on, the whole car just rattles and is unable to accelerate at all. I have to switch off the AC, run the car in 2nd gear for a bit and then shift to 3rd and accelerate to avoid this.

At what speeds are you when you accelerate in 3rd and 4th gear?

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsunn (Post 3478971)
Is your car diesel or petrol? One of my friends has diesel and he faced a similar issue with pickup ( though there was no rattling).

The car was ultimately taken back by the service center and he was given a replacement after 2 months.

You should contact service center / Ford.

Mine is a diesel too. I asked the service center to look into this at the 2nd free service and as usual the incompetent technicians said there is no problem. But it was also my fault that I was not present at the center during the service to show them the issue personally.

I will take it to the service center personally this weekend for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3478946)
Has anyone been able to actually buy Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 oil for the EcoBoost engine? This is the oil Ford recommends as meeting their WSS-M2C948-B specification.

Castrol's India website doesn't even list that grade of oil, the closest is 5W-30.
Their engine oil selector doesn't list the EcoSport as an option. Grrr.
Castrol's UK website does correctly list the Magnatec 5W-20 oil for the 1.0 EcoBoost engine.
Likewise, amazon.co.uk has a listing for this oil.

Are Ford's service centers using 5W-30 for attentive EcoBoost owners, and whatever comes to hand for the inattentive ones?

Hi Arun,

I got my car serviced for 10k/1Yr. I checked and it is 5W-20 that is used.
Appears Ford has internal supply of this grade from Castrol?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3476358)
Karan - other than the links provided by Gannu, check these posts from member ACM as well. You may find it useful:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3283507
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3297060

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gannu_1 (Post 3476263)

Thanks guys this was really helpful as im getting the delivery of my Ecosport A/T tomorrow morning from the stockyard :D

Also this is one of the cars that i booked without a test drive nor visited the showroom to have a look, looking forward :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 3479113)
Thanks guys this was really helpful as im getting the delivery of my Ecosport A/T tomorrow morning from the stockyard :D

Cool, that was fast! So not much waiting period nowadays?

Anyway, get an ownership review - with appropriate attire for the Urban SUV :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar-v (Post 3477287)
Talera Ford indicated, 10 days ago, a minimum delivery period of 6 months for the 1.5P-AT. Looks like they have enough capacity for the diesel engines but are facing problems in sourcing the 1.5P & the AT box.

Ford is not facing any "problems in sourcing" 1.5P & AT box. It is a deliberate strategy by Ford to slow down production and limit sales of all 1.5 Petrol variants.

Only sub 4 meter Petrol cars below 1.2L engine are eligible for excise benefit (1.5L in case of diesel). So, while Ford is making profit on Ecoboost and Diesel variants, its margins are pretty tight for 1.5P variants. And thus, production and sale of 1.5P is not a priority for Ford.

The constant price escalations at regular intervals, artificially created long waiting periods and poor after-sales service of Ford service centers proves that Ford India and its dealers are only interested in numbers and not in building relationships with customers.

I'm seriously considering cancelling my booking of EcoSport and wait for another year or so for new compact SUVs from Suzuki, Hyundai and Tata. The new Tata Zest has given hope that finally Tata Motors has got its focus back and one can expect Tata Nexton to be a formidable SUV with even more competitive pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3479003)
At what speeds are you when you accelerate in 3rd and 4th gear?

Anurag.

It happens at normal city speeds when accelerating from arnd 25-30kmph to 40kmph.

yesterday,I got my ecosport diesel titanium serviced for 20k/2Yr.I got a bill for amount 6200. Only routine service + labour charges included, nothing extra done. Is this normal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lijodavis (Post 3479453)
yesterday,I got my ecosport diesel titanium serviced for 20k/2Yr.I got a bill for amount 6200. Only routine service + labour charges included, nothing extra done. Is this normal?

Can you post the invoice, or the contents of it, here?

Quote:

When I try to accelerate the car in 3rd or 4th gear with the AC on, the whole car just rattles and is unable to accelerate at all.

Is it happening just in 3rd & 4th gears? And not in the 5th gear.

If so please check if the oil level is over and above the recommended level in the dip stick. Also for traces of oil in the Turbo Hose. Over flooding the engine oil can affect the performance of turbo and I suspect that the gears/speed limit combination that you mention are something which falls under the turbo kick-in zone. I had seen such a case in my Uncle's Swift diesel though not in Ecosport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarkarthi (Post 3479530)
Is it happening just in 3rd & 4th gears? And not in the 5th gear.

If so please check if the oil level is over and above the recommended level in the dip stick. Also for traces of oil in the Turbo Hose. Over flooding the engine oil can affect the performance of turbo and I suspect that the gears/speed limit combination that you mention are something which falls under the turbo kick-in zone. I had seen such a case in my Uncle's Swift diesel though not in Ecosport.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will ask the service engineers to look at the turbo hose. I can check the oil level myself.

SCFord in Mumbai charging 4300++ for 2nd service. Aren't the first three services supposed to be free. Is this another way to scam customers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 (Post 3479599)
SCFord in Mumbai charging 4300++ for 2nd service. Aren't the first three services supposed to be free. Is this another way to scam customers.

Only the LAbour charges are free, Customer needs to pay for everything else including oil, filters and other consumables.
But yes Rs 4300 is a bit high. Can you tell us a break up of your bill, What you charged for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 (Post 3479599)

1st Service(2500KM) and 2nd service(10000km) are free. So no labor charges will be there for these 2 services but consumables like engine oil, break pads etc have to be paid.
So if its just a normal service with engine oil and oil filter change then it should be approximately 2000 Rupees.