Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2014, 11:32   #7681
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Congrats.. I have also booked an AT and am still waiting for like a month now.. how long did u have to wait?
I got the car in around 10 days

I had informed the dealership about my interest in the ecosport a/t a few months back but never booked the car, till i got delivery confirmation & the VIN no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Reach adjustment is present, you might have missed it.
Oh ?! Will give in a check again on that, Thanks.

Also 19 km/l sounds great, lets see when i can achieve anything close to it
Old 17th July 2014, 12:09   #7682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The 1.5AT gives good mileage in the highways. After being depressed that am getting sub 10kmpl in my city runs, I took my car on NICE road, and the 60km run returned me 19kmpl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I measure the consumption of my 1.5 AT, over Rs. 3000 tank-ups.
The best I have logged so far, over approximately a 42 ltr fill, was 14.91 kmpl.
The worst I have seen so far, over approximately a 41 ltr fill, was 6.14 kmpl.

The average consumption till date is 9.42 kmpl, and that is because lately the car is exclusively being used in heavy stop go traffic only.

19 kmpl sounds to good to be true.

Last edited by roy_libran : 17th July 2014 at 12:11.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 12:24   #7683
BHPian

Quote:
I got the car in around 10 days

I had informed the dealership about my interest in the ecosport a/t a few months back but never booked the car, till i got delivery confirmation & the VIN no.

Oh ?! Will give in a check again on that, Thanks.

This is such discrimination on the part of Ford and its dealers.

Here I am running around and not one of the dealers in Kerala is even willing to take a booking for an Ecosport AT, while people in Mumbai are getting their cars within 10 days even without an explicit booking.

I say people in Kerala should seek legal redress against Ford and their dealers for this kind of blatant discrimination and denial of service.
pillainp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 12:40   #7684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
The best I have logged so far, over approximately a 42 ltr fill, was 14.91 kmpl.

The average consumption till date is 9.42 kmpl, and that is because lately the car is exclusively being used in heavy stop go traffic only.

Thanks for this post, its interesting how the FE is varying. Im prepared in my mind for an overall average of 10-11 km/l

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
This is such discrimination on the part of Ford and its dealers.

Here I am running around and not one of the dealers in Kerala is even willing to take a booking for an Ecosport AT, while people in Mumbai are getting their cars within 10 days even without an explicit booking.

I say people in Kerala should seek legal redress against Ford and their dealers for this kind of blatant discrimination and denial of service.
I agree, i too did not trust Ford & hence did never pay an advance booking amount (Also partly because the booking had stopped). The key is not to show interest in their product, thats what i did. I simply patiently waited till there was an availability or a cancellation and as soon as there was a confirmation of allotment i paid & got the delivery immediately.

Last edited by karan561 : 17th July 2014 at 12:43.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 13:32   #7685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post

I don't think anyone would get 19 kmpl on a regular highway run. This time I was testing what the car could achieve. I tried to do a constant 80 kmph, occasionally touching 100 kmph and often dropping to 60kmph. ACC on all the time. MID showed 19.1kmpl at the end of the run.

Realistically, I expect that it would give 15+ easily in regular highway drives.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 15:14   #7686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Took the delivery of the Ecosport today morning;

Attachment 1262535

Already clocked about 350 kms on her as had to take her to Gujarat for registration.

Drove the car through a massive downpour today en route Silvassa on NH8.

Initial impressions are that the car has a light steering fantastically suitable for tight traffic conditions on the other hand weighs up well on high speeds.

The DCT felt superb & gear changes were fast.
Congrats on your wonderful acquisition! I'm a bit curious - you mentioned you had to take it to Gujarat for regn. Your location shown is Mumbai - have you taken delivery in Mumbai and getting the permanent regn in Gujarat? Don't you have to spend more for that?
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 15:20   #7687
BHPian

Quote:
Reach adjustment is present, you might have missed it.

The 1.5AT gives good mileage in the highways. After being depressed that am getting sub 10kmpl in my city runs, I took my car on NICE road, and the 60km run returned me 19kmpl.
Congrats blacksport, atleast i now have company in the 18+ kmpl club though mine is with the manual gearbox. 60 kmph with 4th/5th gear is the key

Last edited by Rajiv0909 : 17th July 2014 at 15:21.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 15:34   #7688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Congrats blacksport, atleast i now have company in the 18+ kmpl club though mine is with the manual gearbox. 60 kmph with 4th/5th gear is the key
You get that in city drives, and I can only dream of that. NICE road is a 6 lane highway without any traffic lights and light traffic. And again, I have the benefit of the 6th gear, and the AT box is more than eager to shift up. But I do agree, sedate driving returns wonderful mileage in the Ecosport.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:14   #7689
BHPian

Quote:
You get that in city drives, and I can only dream of that. NICE road is a 6 lane highway without any traffic lights and light traffic. And again, I have the benefit of the 6th gear, and the AT box is more than eager to shift up. But I do agree, sedate driving returns wonderful mileage in the Ecosport.
True that! My 1st drive on Ecosport was from Pune to Blr - driving on NICE road is a beautiful experience

6th gear or for that matter AT gearbox definitely adds to driving experience - wish you many more miles per litre

I recently learnt that mileage gets better as tires begin to worn out, how true is that?
Old 17th July 2014, 17:22   #7690
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I recently learnt that mileage gets better as tires begin to worn out, how true is that?
Newer tires have better road grip & higher rolling resistance compared to worn out tires. However, I am not sure if it would reflect in anything worth notable in terms of fuel efficiency.

On another note, the speedo & odo in cars are calibrated with respect to new tyres (& the bigger circumference). When tires worn out, the circumference becomes shorter and the speedo & odo meter register higher than actual readings.

However, both factors have very marginal effects on FE.
Old 17th July 2014, 17:48   #7691
BHPian

Quote:
True that! My 1st drive on Ecosport was from Pune to Blr - driving on NICE road is a beautiful experience

6th gear or for that matter AT gearbox definitely adds to driving experience - wish you many more miles per litre

How is the Ecosport AT on mountain roads & steep inclines? Does it have enough pull when vehicle is loaded?
Old 17th July 2014, 19:32   #7692
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Newer tires have better road grip & higher rolling resistance compared to worn out tires. However, I am not sure if it would reflect in anything worth notable in terms of fuel efficiency.
It will be better out once the tyres bed-in properly so the initial run-in has to be done religiously not only for the engine but also the rest mechanicals for them to work as intended.

Fresh tyres will be a bit slippery / less grip as it has a wax type layer that wears out within 200 kms AFAIK.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 22:32   #7693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Congrats on your wonderful acquisition! I'm a bit curious - you mentioned you had to take it to Gujarat for regn. Your location shown is Mumbai - have you taken delivery in Mumbai and getting the permanent regn in Gujarat? Don't you have to spend more for that?
My car's are DN registered (Dadra & Hagar Haveli i.e. UT). Registration there is cheaper & have to be done there for me coz my factory is there.

For more info you can go through some of my previous threads (Also BTW my BMW i had got it from Cochin )

1) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...coral-red.html

2) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ult-scala.html

Last edited by karan561 : 17th July 2014 at 22:34.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2014, 00:18   #7694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

On another note, the speedo & odo in cars are calibrated with respect to new tyres (& the bigger circumference). When tires worn out, the circumference becomes shorter and the speedo & odo meter register higher than actual readings.

However, both factors have very marginal effects on FE.

Hi Saket, please see 2:18th second of this video. Apparently the impact should be significant

Had seen a similar chart elsewhere however am not able to locate it
Old 19th July 2014, 16:42   #7695
BHPian

A strange thing happened today. I had parked my EcoSport (AT) under covered parking since Tuesday night when I drove home from work (30Km, in pouring rain). After that I had to go out of the city and managed to drive it today only. So after turning on the ignition and letting the engine ON for a minute ( which I normally do before starting after a night's stop), I put the car in D position. Now normally car moves in D position without any accelerator input but today it didn't. When I gave a slight accelerator input, the left side rose slightly as if some stone is under the front left wheel. I put the car in N mode, applied handbrake and got down to inspect but to my surprise, there was no stone under any of the four wheels. I got into the car, started it and again same thing happened (left side rose slightly). Since I was getting late, I gave acceptor input and then the car started behaving normally. I drove it for about 25 Kms without any problem and just came home and rechecked the parking space for stones, obstructions etc but nothing was there.
I'm wondering what would have caused such an incident? Is it possible that one of the wheels was jammed and on applying accelerator, it overcame that. Or is this a because of some water which would have entered in the wheel system during my last drive in the pouring rain. Or is it because ABS/EBD/Traction control/Hill hold assist working overtime?

Most Viewed