Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2014, 22:13   #7726
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Locking nut blues

Here come's the first shocker from Ford
I had tried to remove the spare tyre and the locking nut was not engaging.Took it to the service centre and they told they will order a new one.Got it replaced ,only to know that it was not under warranty
And the cost - a whooping Rs 2868 !! (Much costlier than the old spare tyre it's supposed to protect from tyre thieves!)

The reason they gave me was that it was my fault that the threads got damaged.But the only time the spare tyre was removed earlier were during the 10K and 20K services which were done from the service centre only.I can very well argue that the thing would've got damaged while they tightened it last time during service

Feeling bad...cheated
This is being reported by many ecosport owners. The SA even said the same thing. Here's one pic, courtesy - TAI
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140708.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2014, 22:37   #7727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin-jo View Post
Coolfire, or anyone from Kerala, can you help me with what process Kairali ford follows for delivering their cars? I was in the market for a Ecosport 1.5 D Titanium (O) and Kairali Ford Thrissur promised delivery from Thrissur in couple of weeks(I am in Thrissur).
My car too was brought from kochi, which was fine. Quilon is a bit too far, I would say. If you are willing to wait , you may get one from kochi. Don't think they'll bear the cost for a flatbed.
Old 25th July 2014, 09:07   #7728
Distinguished - BHPian

Got a car DVR installed. Shall update the videos this weekend.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3487717
Old 25th July 2014, 18:09   #7729
BHPian

What is the current booking-delivery scenario for the Ecosport nowadays? For a Petrol mid/top trim in Gurgaon?
Old 25th July 2014, 18:47   #7730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Guys really need help. Ford has changed my IRVM completely but it hasn't still solved the problem. The mirror still doesn't auto dim at nighttime. I think they are selling faulty products or they didn't provide auto dimming feature in Rs.22,000 device. Either way its unethical.
Guys, i registered a complaint with Ford Customer Service centre regarding the issue with the IRVM as stated above. This is the mail that i received today.

" We wish to clarify through this mail that Reverse camera with IRVM display is as per specifications retailed, hence there is no dimming (Electronic/ Manual)feature available in the IRVM reverse camera. The mirror however has a dark coating which reduces glare and this is a constant state. We regret to inform you that we would not be able to accede to your claim of refund of the said accessory amount."
Now am stuck with the IRVM which costed me 22k.
Some of the people earlier told that the sensor on the back helps in dimming of the mirror but that sine the case.
Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Siddhant
Old 25th July 2014, 21:43   #7731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
What is the current booking-delivery scenario for the Ecosport nowadays? For a Petrol mid/top trim in Gurgaon?
The booking is closed for Ambiente and Titanium MT. As of last week, in Petrol only Trend MT and AT T(O) variants are open for booking.

I booked 1.5P MT Titanium on 7th May. Still no sign of getting delivery.

Last time I called my SA, he told me that the dealer is going to get a fresh batch of cars this week and he will check if a Petrol is one of them. This statement didn't make sense at all. It seems that dealers are receiving random variants of EcoSport from Ford largely irrespective of actual bookings made... it defies conventional logic, but that is the main argument of my dealer.

Last edited by dsunn : 25th July 2014 at 21:45.
dsunn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 04:51   #7732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
The booking is closed for Ambiente and Titanium MT. As of last week, in Petrol only Trend MT and AT T(O) variants are open for booking.

I booked 1.5P MT Titanium on 7th May. Still no sign of getting delivery.

Last time I called my SA, he told me that the dealer is going to get a fresh batch of cars this week and he will check if a Petrol is one of them. This statement didn't make sense at all. It seems that dealers are receiving random variants of EcoSport from Ford largely irrespective of actual bookings made... it defies conventional logic, but that is the main argument of my dealer.
I have booked the AT and still waiting more than a month now and was in conversation with an SA. He said, there are so many people wanting the AT, but they are unable to meet the demand. He shifted the blame to Ford saying that "They don't deliver what we ask them, rather they tell us to sell what they deliver to us. Even if show customer booking with phone no. and email address, they are not giving us the Automatic!" - If this is true, its really strange what Ford is doing.
Old 26th July 2014, 12:14   #7733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
I have booked the AT and still waiting more than a month now and was in conversation with an SA. He said, there are so many people wanting the AT, but they are unable to meet the demand. He shifted the blame to Ford saying that "They don't deliver what we ask them, rather they tell us to sell what they deliver to us. Even if show customer booking with phone no. and email address, they are not giving us the Automatic!" - If this is true, its really strange what Ford is doing.
As pointed out by fellow BHPians here, Ford is not making significant margins on 1.5P cars.

While 1.5L diesel cars under 4m length enjoy excise benefit, the capping is 1.2L in case of petrol.

So Ford is making good money on 1.5 diesel and slightly less margins on 1L ecoboost... but its margins are particularly tight for all 1.5 P variants, including AT. So Ford is pushing forward with diesel orders and literally ignoring petrol orders.

That's why the waiting time for diesel is in days, while the waiting time for 1.5P is in months.
Old 26th July 2014, 12:52   #7734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
As pointed out by fellow BHPians here, Ford is not making significant margins on 1.5P cars.

While 1.5L diesel cars under 4m length enjoy excise benefit, the capping is 1.2L in case of petrol.

So Ford is making good money on 1.5 diesel and slightly less margins on 1L ecoboost... but its margins are particularly tight for all 1.5 P variants, including AT. So Ford is pushing forward with diesel orders and literally ignoring petrol orders.

That's why the waiting time for diesel is in days, while the waiting time for 1.5P is in months.
I read on another thread somewhere, that Ford is exporting a large chunk of petrol Ecosports as they make more money like that than, by selling it in the domestic market (must be because of the reason given by you). That's why petrol ES is in short supply and the diesels have shorter wait periods.
Is your booking with Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon? What was the waiting period quoted to you? Are you flexible with your choice of colour?
Any reason for not going in for the Ecoboost?
Old 26th July 2014, 21:56   #7735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I read on another thread somewhere, that Ford is exporting a large chunk of petrol Ecosports as they make more money like that than, by selling it in the domestic market (must be because of the reason given by you). That's why petrol ES is in short supply and the diesels have shorter wait periods.
Well, Ford India is primarily exporting EcoSports to Europe... and most Europeans prefer Diesel over Petrol. So, I'm guessing that most EcoSports being exported out of India are Diesel too. And, it was in news recently that the Thailand unit will be exporting EcoSports to North America (most Americans are petrol-heads). It seems that Ford India just isn't focusing on manufacturing Petrol variants anymore.

Quote:
Is your booking with Harpreet Ford, Gurgaon? What was the waiting period quoted to you? Are you flexible with your choice of colour?
Any reason for not going in for the Ecoboost?
Yup... fortunately or unfortunately, Harpreet Ford is the only dealer in Gurgaon. The waiting period quoted to me was 2.5 to 3 months and I had given three color options (so, yes I'm a bit flexible with color choice).

I've test driven both Ecoboost and Ti-VCT variants. There is no doubt that Ecoboost is slightly more refined but that difference is mainly noticeable on highways and mid+ range. The Ecoboost also claims to be 10-15% more fuel efficient. But, given my meager usage (>450 kms / month) and mostly city driving, none of these advantages were applicable in my case. Even if they were, I personally believe that Ecoboost is over-priced... paying a lakh more for these advantages is just not worth it. Ecoboost engine is not manufactured in India (it is being imported from Cologne, Germany and Changan, China). Therefore, Ford is paying a hefty additional excise on it and obviously that fee is being transferred on to customers.

Last edited by dsunn : 26th July 2014 at 21:59.
dsunn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 13:52   #7736
BHPian

Guys anyone can share latest software update file for the sync? I don't find the download link anymore in the owners page of ford india website.
Old 29th July 2014, 12:35   #7737
Senior - BHPian

A scooter crashed into my ecosport's rear; the spare wheel took the brunt and the sound was too loud to ignore and drive on.

I didn't find any loss of paint or any spot indicating the incident, except the number plate got loose.

+1 ford's build quality. The scooter's headlight got broken and the mud guard bent.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 12:49   #7738
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
A scooter crashed into my ecosport's rear; the spare wheel took the brunt and the sound was too loud to ignore and drive on.

I didn't find any loss of paint or any spot indicating the incident, except the number plate got loose.

+1 ford's build quality. The scooter's headlight got broken and the mud guard bent.
Do check carefully on the boot lid for dents. The spare wheel taking the brunt means it has passed on the impact to the bolts on the boot lid. It may have pushed it inside behind the spare wheel.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 15:28   #7739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Do check carefully on the boot lid for dents. The spare wheel taking the brunt means it has passed on the impact to the bolts on the boot lid. It may have pushed it inside behind the spare wheel.
yes a frnd had a similar accident and the boot (where spare wheel is mounted) bent from the lower side , so when you see the side profile you will see the inclined wheel .

Has anyone fixed a dieseltronic ? any reviews on it?

Last edited by niks_devil666 : 29th July 2014 at 15:31.
Old 29th July 2014, 21:07   #7740
BHPian

Guys, what do you think of Blue color?

It's very rare, looks sporty and actually really stands-out. On the flip side, it seems a bit flashy and may not be popular among the older generation (expect some negative comments from parents and older siblings).

I do feel that most of us here in India prefer sober colors and that's why silver, white and grey are too common. I'm getting inclined towards Blue color but the thing is... while I will like at first, I'm afraid I may start dreading it in near future.

Thoughts? Comments?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks