Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2014, 21:35   #7741
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
Guys, what do you think of Blue color?

It's very rare, looks sporty and actually really stands-out. On the flip side, it seems a bit flashy and may not be popular among the older generation (expect some negative comments from parents and older siblings).

I do feel that most of us here in India prefer sober colors and that's why silver, white and grey are too common. I'm getting inclined towards Blue color but the thing is... while I will like at first, I'm afraid I may start dreading it in near future.

Thoughts? Comments?
Blue is really good but very flashy like you said. I have seen only couple of blue Ecosports here and it does stand out. I always felt the dark colors looks good on the front while light shades looks good for the rear. It makes the rear wheel stand out (the main reason why I chose white). I would recommend blue!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 23:07   #7742

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Has anyone fixed a dieseltronic ? any reviews on it?
Yes, I have. Check page 463 for my review.
Old 30th July 2014, 07:45   #7743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinDoc View Post
Yes, I have. Check page 463 for my review.
Did you use the box afterwards also? I had read the review long before. Its too short and concise. Maybe the behaviour in different conditions on different modes would have helped better. For eg . performance of economy in city. P1 on highways. P2 on uphill twisties with 5 ppl on board etc. Have you sold it already?
Old 30th July 2014, 09:33   #7744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Go for it, its one of the rarer colours on the EcoSport. Quoting from my ownership review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Today I had the good fortune of seeing another ES in Kinetic Blue on the road, so I was able to judge how my car looks to others.
  • The M. Red stands out and catches eyeballs and attention. If you like this, and if you don't mind the orangey shade, go for it!
  • The K. Blue gets attention but in a more subtle way. This is more in line with my preference, so I'm comfortable with this
Note that these are the only two 'colours', all the other options are basically variants of the white to black colour palette (OK, granted, chill has a tinge of green in it).

I've seen the Kinetic Blue shade on the 2011 Fiesta, 2012 Figo and the EcoSport, and believe that it works best on the EcoSport. I feel that in the case of the Fiesta and Figo, having this blue on the entire body of the car - including the body-coloured bumpers - results in visual overload for the colour. When the car is in motion, it looks striking (maybe that explains the 'Kinetic') but at a standstill it looks too vivid.

On the other hand, the EcoSport avoids the pitfall of 'too much blue' by having the black cladding on the sides, black rear bumper and spare, as well as a partially black front bumper and a huge air dam.

EDIT: The K. Blue also looks good when dirty. I've given up trying to keep it clean with our rains and slush, and it looks nice with some muck on it!
Old 30th July 2014, 11:01   #7745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It's very rare, looks sporty and actually really stands-out. On the flip side, it seems a bit flashy and may not be popular among the older generation (expect some negative comments from parents and older siblings).

I do feel that most of us here in India prefer sober colors and that's why silver, white and grey are too common. I'm getting inclined towards Blue color but the thing is... while I will like at first, I'm afraid I may start dreading it in near future.

Thoughts? Comments?
My Two cents. Blue looks good and fresh when new, but it ages pretty fast. Also a muddy/dusty blue Ecosport is an eyesore.

You want a safe bet, then it has to be white or silver. Also these two colors make the car look a bit bigger and help highlight the black accents.

That said the best color to me in Ecosport is black. A glossy Black Ecosport with front, rear silver appliques, and a silver rear spoiler is Killer combo. I havent seen anything under 15lac that can beat this in terms of looks in stock avatar! The black though is very difficult to maintain. Scratches,dust are easily noticed. Also black color tends to fade over time.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 14:02   #7746
BHPian

Quote:

Thoughts? Comments?
Definitely go for it. It was my colour of choice when I booked my Ecoboost but since ford made it only in white I had no other option.
Before getting my delivery I saw a blue Ecosport with spare wheel cover and black tinted windows, the car was muddy but somehow looked awesome none the less. Absolutely loved it. Go for bumper appliqués also and tinted glasses.

Siddhant
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 17:17   #7747
BHPian

Quote:
That's why the waiting time for diesel is in days, while the waiting time for 1.5P is in months.
Throw an angry mail to the customer care and ask them to give you a definite waiting period otherwise your SA will beat around the bush all the time and by the time you get your ride, a facelift of the same will be out. I did the same and got a definite answer with the VIN number.

Quote:

Thoughts? Comments?
A closed garage + 3M Paint Protection + Meguiar's Products at home + Self Car Wash Unit +Lots of time to pamper your ride = Blue color !

I've installed just the drls/neons on my Silver Petrol MT for 6k not the projector setup as was not convinced with the performance the guy showed me. Pictures coming soon.
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2014, 21:57   #7748

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Did you use the box afterwards also? I had read the review long before. Its too short and concise. Maybe the behaviour in different conditions on different modes would have helped better. For eg . performance of economy in city. P1 on highways. P2 on uphill twisties with 5 ppl on board etc. Have you sold it already?
To be honest, I just leave it in P1 mode most of the time, as it is a nice balance between driveability and oomph pulling much faster to 160kmph than stock. P2 gets you a bit more sound and fury from the engine, but can't really say it is 20bhp more than stock. I don't bother with E mode at all as it is too sluggish for my taste.

I've done 15k + with the box fitted now, but I can't quite claim it is really worth Rs. 20k. I'd really have liked more power from the box. Apparently, Ford's ECU is too complex to be bypassed with a tuning box, which is why Pete's don't bother.

I'm getting between 13.5 to 13.8 kmpl on my daily route, which is a mixture of city, 4 lane highway and 2 lane state roads. It was between 13.4-13.6 kmpl without the box. I blame the fatter rubber for the rubbish mileage.

No, I've not sold it; still intend to, though.
Old 30th July 2014, 23:07   #7749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Go for it, its one of the rarer colours on the EcoSport. Quoting from my ownership review:
Hi Arun... thanks for the valuable insight.

A major concern is that Blue might fade away too quickly. There are protection paints to prevent that... but since you own a blue ES, I would like to know your experience with that.

Have you ever felt that the color is too gaudy and garnered unnecessary looks from passers-by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thtee View Post
A closed garage + 3M Paint Protection + Meguiar's Products at home + Self Car Wash Unit +Lots of time to pamper your ride = Blue color !
To be frank... I don't mind doing all that... my car is parked in U/G levels pretty much the whole time (in office and at home). My running is less (<450 kms/month) and mostly in city... so, doubt it will get too dirty.

My primary concern is with Kinetic Blue being too flashy / gaudy. It takes away all the SUVish road presence from the car... and makes it look sporty yet too 'chic'. I would rather prefer my car to have a 'mean' look, but it should not stand out at the same time and garner unwanted stares.

The problem is.. I've never seen a blue EcoSport on road. I've seen one parked below Ford's corporate office in Gurgaon but it has been parked out there in the open for so long that the color has literally faded away. And that's another problem... it may fade away too quickly. And ironically, without the flashiness, the faded blue is an eyesore.

Quote:
I've installed just the drls/neons on my Silver Petrol MT for 6k not the projector setup as was not convinced with the performance the guy showed me. Pictures coming soon.
That's great! Do share some pictures. You got them installed from Retro Rides right? Please do share your feedback also for the whole process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Before getting my delivery I saw a blue Ecosport with spare wheel cover and black tinted windows, the car was muddy but somehow looked awesome none the less. Absolutely loved it. Go for bumper appliqués also and tinted glasses.
Unfortunately, tinted glass is strictly banned here in Delhi NCR. So, that's ruled out. What about painting the roof black from 3M center? That might look good on Blue ES.

Last edited by dsunn : 30th July 2014 at 23:17.
Old 31st July 2014, 07:00   #7750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
A major concern is that Blue might fade away too quickly. There are protection paints to prevent that... but since you own a blue ES, I would like to know your experience with that.
Like you, I park in either the basement or covered ground floor parking. I've also done the 3M paint protection treatment. Finally, I don't have my guards wash the car - this helps keep away swirl marks which are easily visible on the blue and black colours. I get the car washed at 3M every 1-2 months, and dust it off with the Jopasu duster in between.

I've not had any fading problems, and feel the richness of the colour is still staying strong after a year.

Quote:
Have you ever felt that the color is too gaudy and garnered unnecessary looks from passers-by?
I don't feel the Kinetic Blue gaudy (but then again, I own an Electric Blue Getz which is gaudy!). The Kinetic Blue definitely is eye-catching, especially when moving. If you don't prefer that, then you'd want to look at other colours... for instance, Sea Gray is a beautiful colour.

Quote:
Unfortunately, tinted glass is strictly banned here in Delhi NCR. So, that's ruled out. What about painting the roof black from 3M center? That might look good on Blue ES.
I've seen a blue EcoSport with a matte black roof - it looked really good. The owner had paired it with black/dark gray alloys.
Old 31st July 2014, 13:19   #7751
BHPian

Quote:
You mean covering it with black vinyl right? Yeah that would look good, but that appeals more when having lighter shades on the car. But i imagine it will look good will give an illusion of panoramic sunroof
Old 31st July 2014, 18:34   #7752
Senior - BHPian

Three months since I booked the Ecosport 1.5 Petrol MT. Though I was promised delivery in one month (which I had taken with a pinch of salt), a delay of over 2 months is not justified. Is there any way to escalate things here in Bangalore, to push for quicker delivery ?
Old 1st August 2014, 08:14   #7753
BHPian

Hi Mooza....which dealer have you booked your car at ?
I was promised delivery in a month , but after paying the booking advance the showroom guys now say it will take about 2 months ...... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Three months since I booked the Ecosport 1.5 Petrol MT. Though I was promised delivery in one month (which I had taken with a pinch of salt), a delay of over 2 months is not justified. Is there any way to escalate things here in Bangalore, to push for quicker delivery ?
Old 1st August 2014, 09:59   #7754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
I too drive a 1.5p manual and the mileage indicator has never crossed 9.9kmpl
95% city driving and A/C all the time 2700 kms done, fuel shell high grade always.

But all this pain disappears when my black panther gets all the attention on the road.
Hi, an update now my ecosport's mileage as improved to 11.8 kmpl in city 4500 kms done same fuel and some off-roadding recently. pics attached
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-es.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-es1.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-es2.jpg  

Old 1st August 2014, 10:16   #7755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hi, an update now my ecosport's mileage as improved to 11.8 kmpl in city 4500 kms done same fuel and some off-roadding recently. pics attached
Glad to hear you are happy with your 1.5P Ecosport. I wanted to buy one but Ford in Mumbai didnt have a test vehicle & then stopped bookings. Even recently when they reopened bookings, they said delivery of petrol Ecosport would take 'months' but diesel would be quick.

So I went ahead booked a Tata Zest Revotron now. Ford's loss.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks