Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2014, 20:07   #7786
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Fog lamps are aimed down at the road, they should be barely noticeable to oncoming drivers. Think about driving in fog: strong lights aimed straight just reflect back and create glare. They are not supposed to be powerful and they are not supposed to be aimed high.

I don't think real fog happens in Southern India except up in the hills? I use the fog lamps as pot-hole lamps
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2014, 12:20   #7787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Fog lamps are aimed down at the road, they should be barely noticeable to oncoming drivers. Think about driving in fog: strong lights aimed straight just reflect back and create glare. They are not supposed to be powerful and they are not supposed to be aimed high.

I don't think real fog happens in Southern India except up in the hills? I use the fog lamps as pot-hole lamps
There a lot of areas in South India which have dense fog. All the Ghat roads are engulfed with heavy fog and rain during monsoon. The stock fog lamps doesnot help in penetrating the fog rather work as cornering lamps which help to get to know the edges.
I think the best to increase visibility is to add auxiliary lights(Hella,Light Force etc).
Old 5th August 2014, 16:28   #7788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Opened the hood and the first thing the guy asks is, where's the battery terminals? Since they are not from Ford they don't know the car, but I won't blame them. The Ecosport battery placement is extremely complex. The ECU is bolted on top of the battery. You can only see the side of the battery. I checked the manual and there is a small symbol which indicates jumper cable points since you cannot access the negative terminal of the battery.
@Vid -- share the findings with us! let us all know what page on the manual to go to and what to look for.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:31   #7789
BHPian

I had faced an unfortunate incident with my ES TDCi couple of days back.

When I tried to crank the engine while returning from office, the car failed to start up and the warning "Power steering failure - Please service" showed up on the display. All the warning lights were on and the car just refused to start. The stereo, lights, horn were all perfectly working, which indicated that the battery was fine.

Called up the toll free number and was conferenced thruough to a service personal, who suggested the following steps :

- turn on the headlamps
- turn on the hazard lights
- turn on the fan and switch off the ac
- honk the horn
- turn everything down
- take the key from ignition
- lock the car using remote from inside
- unlock the car using remote from inside
- start the engine

To my surprise, it started and was perfectly fine. The same thing happened again one more time. After that, there has not been any issues so far. I was adviced to take the car to the service station to get the starter relay replaced. But the service center guys diagnosed the car and I was told that every thing was fine. I am not convinced of the same - but willing to give it a try for couple of days to see if it reappers.

Have any one of you faced this kind of issue ?
Anoop_SG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 17:24   #7790
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this the other day on the net. Ecosport taxi in Thailand
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-581697_10151770235504851_1935309279_n.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 17:31   #7791
BHPian

Question: What is the ideal interval for doing wheel alignment and balancing? The Ecosport manual suggests 10K kms or 1 year. The SA, during my 1 year service took a test drive and suggested that I wait till 10K as I only had 6K on the ODO. I wonder whether they skipped it because it was a Saturday and the service center was teeming with cars.
Old 6th August 2014, 17:37   #7792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Question: What is the ideal interval for doing wheel alignment and balancing? The Ecosport manual suggests 10K kms or 1 year. The SA, during my 1 year service took a test drive and suggested that I wait till 10K as I only had 6K on the ODO. I wonder whether they skipped it because it was a Saturday and the service center was teeming with cars.
Thumb rule and what is normally followed is an interval of 5k kms/6months for WA/WB and Rotation. This will ensure a longer life for the wheels. This is irrespective of the cars and also, it is strongly recommended to get these done at a competent outside vendor compared to the the A S S.

Last edited by dass : 6th August 2014 at 18:02.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 17:38   #7793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Question: What is the ideal interval for doing wheel alignment and balancing? The Ecosport manual suggests 10K kms or 1 year.
I personally go for 6000 kms/6 months, given the quality of roads we have.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 19:18   #7794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I would say alignment in every 5k kms and wheel balancing in every 10k kms. This is what I follow.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 19:52   #7795
BHPian

Not related to ES alone and may have discussed elsewhere in this forum but can't resist asking. Has anyone filling nitrogen in ES tyres? What are the benefit of it? Is it worth the money we spent initially and at every subsequent filling?
Old 6th August 2014, 20:22   #7796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
Not related to ES alone and may have discussed elsewhere in this forum but can't resist asking. Has anyone filling nitrogen in ES tyres? What are the benefit of it? Is it worth the money we spent initially and at every subsequent filling?
According to these, its not worth it.

http://www.l2sfbc.com/rmp/blog/is-it...-with-nitrogen

http://www.powertank.com/truth.or.hype/

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-nitrogen.html
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 21:46   #7797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
The only thing that I have noticed is that it lasts longer when compared to air. Other than that, I havent noticed much.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 23:40   #7798
Senior - BHPian

So the strongly worded mail worked wonders and it seems Harpreet Ford was shaken up quite badly, received a call yesterday itself from Chennai, the guy profusely apologised and said he will get the car checked at residence.

Today morning sharp at 9AM, the harpreet ford technican came and inspected the dipstick level and informed that it was indeed way more than prescribed level, advised that he would call a flatbed and then return car back home after oil is removed. As i had to take the car somewhere, told him that i will bring the car in at 11 am by driving myself slowly as the car had already done 700 kms after service where they put in extra oil.

Reached at 11:15, CRM was waiting outside, handed over the car and asked for an explanation on why was such a mistake committed, no answer from their side, they removed the 300ml extra oil, cleaned the air filter and i also asked for a software update and there was a new version available so the ecu was updated as well. Was out in a n hour with all the work done and highly satisfied with the response from Ford india. Service centres can do mistakes but it is the service provided by parent company that makes all the difference.

Have sent many mails to VW as well for my Vento but in 2 years of ownership, never got a call from vw people. They just forward mail to dealer and the poor service continues.

After the removed oil and new software update, car is extremely peppy to drive and feels so agile to drive, the mild diesel clatter that was present at idling is also subdued, guys giving their cars for service, ask for an updation of your Ecosport's firmware.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 6th August 2014 at 23:41.
coolboy007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 23:42   #7799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Saw this the other day on the net. Ecosport taxi in Thailand
Thats one cute looking taxi .

Got my Scarlett yesterday after waiting for over 4 months. Initial ownership review coming up after few weeks.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20140806_233234.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 12:57   #7800
Senior - BHPian

Folks, i'm really mad with the Bridgestones! They offer excellent grip but they are almost always punctured by even the most harmless of bad roads. I already have punctures on 3 of my tyres and one has 5 punctures already.
The other day, when one of my tires ran off the road, it went from 30psi to 0 in like 30secs! And it wasn't like i ran off into a ditch, just off the tar and came back on.

Seriously need to get rid of these tires. Any suggestions? I've done 15k kms so will the old bridgestones be worth anything?

Most Viewed