Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 19:20   #7816
BHPian

Hello Bangalore EcoSport owners . I have small question, has anyone got the Maxspider 3d Kagu mats for Ecosport if yes can you please share the vendor details. I enquired about it at a couple of places & i gt the info that its not available for EcoSport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
LOL. So to keep the can/bottle cool, we need to freeze ourselves.
I thought about it, however decided against it. needed something to chill the cans only, not me . Bought a Coleman Cooler today from FlipKart
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-coleman20cancooler.jpeg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 12th August 2014 at 19:41. Reason: merging posts. Please use edit option when posting within 30mins on the same thread.
Old 12th August 2014, 19:52   #7817
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwaycruizer View Post
Hello Bangalore EcoSport owners . I have small question, has anyone got the Maxspider 3d Kagu mats for Ecosport if yes can you please share the vendor details. I enquired about it at a couple of places & i gt the info that its not available for EcoSport.
Hi,

You can buy them from Hot Tracks in Victoria Layout.
Old 13th August 2014, 09:11   #7818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoop_SG View Post
I had faced an unfortunate incident with my ES TDCi couple of days back.

When I tried to crank the engine while returning from office, the car failed to start up and the warning "Power steering failure - Please service" showed up on the display. All the warning lights were on and the car just refused to start. The stereo, lights, horn were all perfectly working, which indicated that the battery was fine.

Called up the toll free number and was conferenced thruough to a service personal, who suggested the following steps :

- turn on the headlamps
- turn on the hazard lights
- turn on the fan and switch off the ac
- honk the horn
- turn everything down
- take the key from ignition
- lock the car using remote from inside
- unlock the car using remote from inside
- start the engine

To my surprise, it started and was perfectly fine. The same thing happened again one more time. After that, there has not been any issues so far. I was adviced to take the car to the service station to get the starter relay replaced. But the service center guys diagnosed the car and I was told that every thing was fine. I am not convinced of the same - but willing to give it a try for couple of days to see if it reappers.

Have any one of you faced this kind of issue ?
Guys,

It happened again yesterday. The car was parked since morning at office and when I tried to fire it up, it refused to start, showing the same - "Power Steering failure - Please service " warning. I how ever managed to start the car after 15 minutes - turned the key once to on position and then cranked the engine till it started.

This is starting to worry me quite a bit and I am planning to take it to the service center. But due to the experience last time, I dont think they will be able to diagnose the problem correctly. Any suggestions or support from fellow bhpians is highly appreciated.
Old 13th August 2014, 18:54   #7819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, It happened again yesterday.. The car was parked since morning at office and when I tried to fire it up, it refused to start, showing the same - "Power Steering failure -

Hmm. Hope its not something spooky

Sorry for the inopportune banter Anoop, on a serious note however, have you checked the power steering fluid level ? Or maybe the fluid level sensor is malfunctioning. Hope your problem gets resolved soon
Old 14th August 2014, 00:44   #7820
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

It happened again yesterday. The car was parked since morning at office and when I tried to fire it up, it refused to start, showing the same - "Power Steering failure - Please service " warning. I how ever managed to start the car after 15 minutes - turned the key once to on position and then cranked the engine till it started.

This is starting to worry me quite a bit and I am planning to take it to the service center. But due to the experience last time, I dont think they will be able to diagnose the problem correctly. Any suggestions or support from fellow bhpians is highly appreciated.
I have no experience with the EcoSport, but this could point to the ignition relay, or key not properly indicating to the immobilizer, or issues with the cylinder itself where you put the key in - an intermittent problem is really hard to diagnose and sometimes the only way to find out the issue is to wait it out until it happens more predictably. A lot of things happen between turning the key and engine cranking and starting.

Whenever it happens, its a scary experience and you start to wonder about the cars reliability - it's happened a couple of times in the last year on my 7 yr old civic and no ones diagnosed the issue properly yet, so I know the tension it causes. I found that both times the key battery was dying, got it replaced and the issue didn't recur until 10 months later when the key battery was weakening again. So in my case I hope that's it!

And I hope its something minor in yours too, anyway atleast you've still got warranty on the car.
Old 14th August 2014, 09:04   #7821
Senior - BHPian

The dealer here in at Kochi, Kairali Ford conducted a drive for selected EcoSport owners to Sholayar from Ernakulam. My friend who owns a Silver Titanium TDCi asked me to join him and it was fun driving through the forest during monsoon. It was on Aug 2nd.

Started from the dealership at Cheranalloor.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_002.jpg

The theme was 'Say No To Child Abuse'. Each EcoSport got a nice sticker and the driver and co-driver got a nice T-shirts from Kairali Ford.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_003.jpg

Through the International Container Terminal road. There were many stops for photoshoots which became a little annoying.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_006.jpg

A lovely EcoSport from Calicut with 17" AVA wheels. The White on the right was the pace car, and it lacked a bit of pace on the NH.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_008.jpg

The convoy behaved very well and there were no shuffling of position in between the drive.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_014.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_015.jpg

There were 16 vehicles in total excluding the ones from the local media houses covering the event.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_017.jpg

Our EcoSport, the only one Silver. Majority were White and no 'Chill'.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140802_019.jpg

The KL border from the TN side.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_001.jpg

We started back at 7AM on Sunday as both of us had to reach home by noon.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_002.jpg

The fog was not very intense and was enjoyable.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_003.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_004.jpg

The roads are very good till Sholayar except for a small stretch in between.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_005.jpg

Upper Sholayar Dam was full and it was to be opened at 10 AM on Sunday.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_006.jpg

The super narrow roads with steep shoulder tested the ground clearance of the EcoSport a few time when we had give way for traffic from the other side.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_007.jpg

All nicely laid roads have a yellow line. The EcoSport was very composed on the curves. Wish I had the new Fiesta for company there.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-wp_20140803_011.jpg

Last edited by deetjohn : 14th August 2014 at 09:10. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 16:32   #7822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The dealer here in at Kochi, Kairali Ford conducted a drive for selected EcoSport owners to Sholayar from Ernakulam. My friend who owns a Silver Titanium TDCi asked me to join him and it was fun driving through the forest during monsoon. It was on Aug 2nd.

Started from the dealership at Cheranalloor.
Attachment 1274157

The theme was 'Say No To Child Abuse'. Each EcoSport got a nice sticker and the driver and co-driver got a nice T-shirts from Kairali Ford.
Attachment 1274158

Through the International Container Terminal road. There were many stops for photoshoots which became a little annoying.
Attachment 1274159

A lovely EcoSport from Calicut with 17" AVA wheels. The White on the right was the pace car, and it lacked a bit of pace on the NH.
Attachment 1274160

The convoy behaved very well and there were no shuffling of position in between the drive.
Attachment 1274161
Attachment 1274163

There were 16 vehicles in total excluding the ones from the local media houses covering the event.
Attachment 1274165

Our EcoSport, the only one Silver. Majority were White and no 'Chill'.
Attachment 1274166

The KL border from the TN side.
Attachment 1274167

We started back at 7AM on Sunday as both of us had to reach home by noon.
Attachment 1274168

The fog was not very intense and was enjoyable.
Attachment 1274169
Attachment 1274170

The roads are very good till Sholayar except for a small stretch in between.
Attachment 1274171

Upper Sholayar Dam was full and it was to be opened at 10 AM on Sunday.
Attachment 1274172

The super narrow roads with steep shoulder tested the ground clearance of the EcoSport a few time when we had give way for traffic from the other side.
Attachment 1274173

All nicely laid roads have a yellow line. The EcoSport was very composed on the curves. Wish I had the new Fiesta for company there.
Attachment 1274176
awesome pics, we should replicate this in pune
Old 14th August 2014, 23:17   #7823
BHPian

Hi all,

Why are Ford EcoSport color options in India so limited in comparison to those offered in other countries?

In Australia & UK (which get all of their ES from India), yellow and smoke (similar to smoke grey for new Fiesta in India) are available --

http://www.ford.com.au/suvs/ecosport/colours-trims

And in Brazil, there are two red color options (excellent color shades, I must say) in addition on Mars Red (called Savana Orange there) --

http://www.ford.com.br/suvs-e-crossovers/ecosport

The ones offered in Thailand have Lunar Sky (slight brownish shade) option also available --

http://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/ecosport/colours-trims

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/r.../WP_000597.jpg

Would love to have these color options in India too.

Last edited by dsunn : 14th August 2014 at 23:42.
Old 15th August 2014, 02:20   #7824
BHPian

Well, some might feel that this review by Richard Hammond of Top Gear fame is a tad racist. He dedicates the first three paras of the review talking about Chennai, curry and Nissan Micra and then suggests that all Indian-made cars are of poor-build quality. The amusing part is that he fails to elaborate that apart from pointing out the interior plastics. Yes, Richard... seemingly poor interior plastic finish means poor overall car build quality. Great inference... eh?

There is nothing much else in the review of EcoSport by Richard, apart from just statistics and good old anti-India banter. But Top Gear enthusiasts might find it worth reading anyways. So, here is the link --

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/mo...ys-new-4050239
Old 15th August 2014, 07:37   #7825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
There is nothing much else in the review of EcoSport by Richard, apart from just statistics and good old anti-India banter. But Top Gear enthusiasts might find it worth reading anyways.
I did not find anything racist in the review. The review is not all negative, and what he mentioned is a fact.
Old 15th August 2014, 08:29   #7826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I did not find anything racist in the review. The review is not all negative, and what he mentioned is a fact.
Well, he does seem suggest that Indian built cars are usually of objectionable build quality.

But yeah, on second thoughts, the review was not racist. Maybe I got carried away with patriotic fervor since its independence day today... :P

Last edited by dsunn : 15th August 2014 at 08:33.
dsunn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 08:39   #7827
BHPian

Guys any updates on the waiting period of 1.5 petrol (MT & AT) in delhi? Been waiting a long time to book one.
Old 15th August 2014, 10:14   #7828
Senior - BHPian

The Tdci engine seem to run cooler. Temperatures hover around 81 degrees C in normal highway running; even in city drives i have not seen it cross 85.

The lack of a needle pointing the temperature means that i have to use torque in android- but on a daily basis it is frustrating- i usually wait for the T to reach normal operating temperatures before becoming liberal with the accelerator pedal.

Is there any options to see the temperature on a daily basis? I am apprehensive about the cheap ELM327.
Old 16th August 2014, 09:14   #7829
Distinguished - BHPian

I was surprised to listen to Ecosport advertisements over the FM stations here in Delhi. I was under the impression that Ford is unable to handle the bookings that they already have got. Is it the Mobilio effect?
Old 16th August 2014, 10:45   #7830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I was surprised to listen to Ecosport advertisements over the FM stations here in Delhi. I was under the impression that Ford is unable to handle the bookings that they already have got. Is it the Mobilio effect?
Looking at sales numbers, they are still doing the 5K odd units regularly and still have silly waiting periods.

Maybe footfall has reduced and the are just delivering cars booked few months back.

Apart from Mobilio, the hatches are making a huge comeback.

Polo with new engine, Elite i20 with even more interior space and features, Punto EVo and now the Zest.

Since the Ecosport is just a pseudo SUV or Urban softroader and is essentially a hatch, these new small cars may take back a slice of the pie from the Ecosport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks