Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 16:53   #7876

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Titanium - Flip key
Titanium (O) - Keyless entry.

Titanium had this before but was later removed. They might have missed to update this on the website.
Does the Titanium has Central Locking?
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:19   #7877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadav View Post
Does the Titanium has Central Locking?
All Ecosport variants have central locking. Even the base variant comes with it
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:31   #7878
BHPian

Gears refused to engage

Hello everyone,

Just few minutes back, something very strange happened with my EcoSport TDCI.

Well, it was at a traffic signal when I had just slowed down and tried downshifting to 1st gear from 2nd (or maybe from 3rd to 2nd, don't remember), it slotted to neutral and refused to engage in any gear. The engine was on and I tried to slot to 1st, 2nd gear....any gear...but just couldn't. Thankfully, I had crossed the signal by then and the halt did not cause any traffic issue, but for those few seconds, thoughts such as RSA, tow-away vehicle etc flashed in my head

Then, after few attempts to slot the gears with the engine still on, I turned off the engine and tried moving the gear knob to see if it is slotting into gears and it was. Cranked the engine and everything worked fine. But it was very scary, I must say.

What do you guys think could have been the reason? Has anyone faced this issue? Do I need to visit the service center? What are your suggestions?

Please help me here.

Thanks.
Old 22nd August 2014, 18:49   #7879
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gears refused to engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hello everyone,

Well, it was at a traffic signal when I had just slowed down and tried downshifting to 1st gear from 2nd (or maybe from 3rd to 2nd, don't remember), it slotted to neutral and refused to engage in any gear. The engine was on and I tried to slot to 1st, 2nd gear....any gear...but just couldn't. Thankfully, I had crossed the signal by then and the halt did not cause any traffic issue, but for those few seconds, thoughts such as RSA, tow-away vehicle etc flashed in my head

Then, after few attempts to slot the gears with the engine still on, I turned off the engine and tried moving the gear knob to see if it is slotting into gears and it was. Cranked the engine and everything worked fine. But it was very scary, I must say.

What do you guys think could have been the reason? Has anyone faced this issue? Do I need to visit the service center? What are your suggestions?

Please help me here.

Thanks.
Ecosport has a hydraulic clutch. Get the clutch accumulator checked up. Long shot - but it seems that there was not enough pressure build-up in the clutch hydraulic lines. This kind of bug affected some of the 1st lot of petrol Fiat Linea's - way back in 08-09.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 05:36   #7880
Team-BHP Support

SA: Sir, this call is regarding the new Ford Ecosport. You had expressed your interest in the car earlier.

Me: But that was way back in April. Not only was my website request ignored, calls made to the dealership were met with blunt answers as well. I have purchased a car since then.

SA: Sorry sir. Our sales advisors were not available for taking your request.

Me: For 5 months? Anyways, no point talking now!

SA: Sir, please may I know which car you have purchased?

Me: Hyundai Xcent AT.

SA: Ok sir. Thank you. You will not receive any further enquiries regarding this request.

(A day later)

SA: Sir, this call is regarding the new Ford Ecosport. You had expressed your interest in the car earlier.

This is extremely irritating and disappointing at the same time. They literally drove us away 6 months back with the most arrogant attitude I have seen in a car showroom. But now, one by one, the executives seem to be calling up old contacts - and they dont have a system to track the numbers already dialled. Have received 3 calls and an email in the past 2 weeks.
Old 23rd August 2014, 08:07   #7881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Me: But that was way back in April. Not only was my website request ignored, calls made to the dealership were met with blunt answers as well. I have purchased a car since then.

SA: Sorry sir. Our sales advisors were not available for taking your request.

Me: For 5 months? Anyways, no point talking now!

SA: Sir, please may I know which car you have purchased?

Me: Hyundai Xcent AT.

SA: Ok sir. Thank you. You will not receive any further enquiries regarding this request.

(A day later)

This is extremely irritating and disappointing at the same time. They literally drove us away 6 months back with the most arrogant attitude I have seen in a car showroom. But now, one by one, the executives seem to be calling up old contacts - and they dont have a system to track the numbers already dialled. Have received 3 calls and an email in the past 2 weeks.
Well I have experienced the most dirty pre sales and post sales face of Ford. No doubt the Ecosport is good car but then there have been other good cars in the market which never succeed just because of poor attitude of the company.

I guess Ford they are sitting a jackpot but still do not want to make a pleasant relationship with all existing and prospective buyers and hence even they will fail again.

But overall a real dirty company to deal with. I bought a City after selling my Ecosport and excellent pre sales and post sales experience.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:26   #7882
BHPian

Just got the vehicle after the 30K service
Total cost 8192/
Shall upload the bill later
Old 23rd August 2014, 10:33   #7883
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is extremely irritating and disappointing at the same time. They literally drove us away 6 months back with the most arrogant attitude I have seen in a car showroom.
This happened to me not even with Ecosport, but with Fiesta. Already the car was a sales disaster. In spite of that, when I called up, the guy the did not even bother to answer. The other dealership, came back and got the car after prodding 4-5 times. And the first dealership then finally calls me up after 6-7 months asking for the Fiesta. I said I bought another car and it has already done 10K+ km on the odo!

Really I dont know, how much it takes for them to keep notes and see whom all they have responded and whom they do. At worst they can still say, sorry I am not able to process because of the deluge and at least close the chapter, instead of keeping it as a loose end.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd August 2014 at 10:35.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:38   #7884
BHPian

Reposting to request urgent help: gears refused to engage

Hello everyone,

Then, after few failed attempts to slot the gears with the engine still on, I turned off the engine and tried moving the gear knob to see if it is slotting into gears and it was. Cranked the engine and everything worked fine. But it was very scary, I must say.

What do you guys think could have been the reason? Has anyone faced this issue? Do I need to visit the service center?

Please suggest as I am really worried.

Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:43   #7885
Team-BHP Support

Re: Reposting to request urgent help: gears refused to engage

Quote:
Did you feel an increased clutch play? Was it all normal after the engine was re-started?
Old 23rd August 2014, 12:44   #7886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Did you feel an increased clutch play? Was it all normal after the engine was re-started?
Hello ampere,

It was 100% normal after I restarted the engine.

Thanks.
Old 23rd August 2014, 13:20   #7887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
1. My dealer is insisting on "bodycare package" which costs Rs. 7.5k, It is basically 3M protection paints followed by inspection. I said I don't need it and would rather get it done from the 3M care shop itself. My service agent bluntly told me that the bodycare package is "not an option but compulsory". I was infuriated but didn't really had the energy to argue (had a long day at work). Please suggest how to deal with this situation.
Don't need to argue with them at all just ask for them to do give that n writing but they won't give it. Then straightaway send an email to ford customer care number and also call them about the same. I also found myself in same problem when taking delivery but i accepted all this because didn't have much information at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsunn View Post
2. The reverse car parking camera costs a whopping Rs. 22.5k. I'm frankly not convinced that I need this camera given the fact that the car already has parking sensors. Besides, I'll be primarily using this car for my work commute and I don't really need any parking assistance whatsoever to park in my office or home basement. The service agent is adamant that I go for these but I remain unconvinced. I'm thinking to drive the car without camera for a month and see if I really need them or not. Suggestions please.
Don't even think of buying this camera, its useless. The camera is fine but the IRVM doesn't have auto dimming and its a curse to use it during night time. I have got it installed and i regret it everyday. Still fighting with ford over this till now.

Don't and i mean don't let them bully you, you will regret it afterwards.
sidenzo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:18   #7888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Then, after few failed attempts to slot the gears with the engine still on, I turned off the engine and tried moving the gear knob to see if it is slotting into gears and it was. Cranked the engine and everything worked fine. But it was very scary, I must say.

What do you guys think could have been the reason? Has anyone faced this issue? Do I need to visit the service center?

Thanks.
Were there any sounds when you were trying to engage the gears? Also, did this happen early in the morning - or after a lot of driving in traffic?
Old 23rd August 2014, 15:29   #7889
BHPian

Quote:
Were there any sounds when you were trying to engage the gears? Also, did this happen early in the morning - or after a lot of driving in traffic?
Hi,

There was no noticeable sound while shifting gears and this happened after around 20 KMS of driving in traffic.

What do you think might have caused it?
Old 23rd August 2014, 20:58   #7890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Well I have experienced the most dirty pre sales and post sales face of Ford. No doubt the Ecosport is good car but then there have been other good cars in the market which never succeed just because of poor attitude of the company.

I guess Ford they are sitting a jackpot but still do not want to make a pleasant relationship with all existing and prospective buyers and hence even they will fail again.

But overall a real dirty company to deal with. I bought a City after selling my Ecosport and excellent pre sales and post sales experience.
Well it is more to do with certain dealers than company. I have visited not less than 3 Ford dealers and must admit they were just awesome. The cauvery ford mangalore is just outstanding. I had very bad experience with 2 maruti dealers( for ritz)and a Hyundai dealer(for santro). They acted as if they were doing me a favour.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks