Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2014, 16:08   #8041

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Thanks for the reply. can you send a photo of the glare you are getting if possible.
I am getting a horrible glare at night. i want to show the photo to ford service centre here so that i make a convincing case for them to replace my IRVM.
Thanks.
Let me try taking a photo with the glare from behind
Also, I am not sure if the IRVM is anti-glare. Also, it is very light in feel as compared to other IRVM of other cars - am I right here? Not sure.
Old 12th September 2014, 16:33   #8042
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport At Renewal Insurance Query

Gentlemen - Please help me out in making a decision.

My Ecosport AT's insurance expires on 15th October. For the past few months, I've been getting SMS notifications from my Dealership (Harpreet Ford Delhi) advising me on NOT getting insurance renewed with HDFC etc. saying that Cashless tie-up isn't available, between them and the Harpreet Ford Chain. Since, the decision was a few months away, I didn't pay any attention to the same. I had decided then, that when the time draws near, I'd get competing quotes and do my due diligence on Cashless Tie-ups, before making a decision, any which way.

Today however, I received a call from Harpreet Ford, about Insurance Renewal, and they offered two renewal options. These are as below:
OPTION 1-
Product: Zero Depreciation - No Riders
Company: Iffco-Tokio General Insurance
Insurance Amount:21724
PDC Discounted Amount: 19964

OPTION 2-
Product: Zero Depreciation - No Riders
Liberty Videocon General Insurance
Insurance Amount:13602
PDC Discounted Amount: 13602
For both the cases, this is what has been used as Input data-
Previous IDV: 823925
Renewal IDV: 693832
Depreciation: 15%
NCB: Yes

The second quote is what got my attention. The lady who offered the quotes, also advised me that, in the case of Option 2-Liberty Videocon, while in Delhi NCR, cashless facility will not be a problem irrespective of which service center or body shop I go to, they cannot guarantee the same at a pan-India level.

To me, that does sound like an acceptable enough compromise, for what is a huge difference in Premium between the Incumbent and the Challenger.

What would you opine, I do?
Old 12th September 2014, 17:06   #8043
BHPian

Just checked with dealer in Raipur
Diesel variants of EcoSport are available off the shelf.
decided to buy one in a couple of days
will keep all updated
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 18:51   #8044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryadav View Post
Let me try taking a photo with the glare from behind
Also, I am not sure if the IRVM is anti-glare. Also, it is very light in feel as compared to other IRVM of other cars - am I right here? Not sure.
For anti glaring ford has just darkened the mirror ( they claim to be). But that is also not helping me.
Old 12th September 2014, 19:23   #8045
BHPian

Didnt get any reply hence posting it back.

Question - Can ecosport AT handle a trip to leh-ladakh?
I pretty sure the GC is good enough. But my main concern is the gearbox. Can an AT handle the tough terrains of ladakh? Has anybody taken his/her AT car to ladakh before?

Last edited by TB16 : 12th September 2014 at 19:24.
Old 12th September 2014, 19:48   #8046
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB16 View Post
Didnt get any reply hence posting it back.

Question - Can ecosport AT handle a trip to leh-ladakh?
I pretty sure the GC is good enough. But my main concern is the gearbox. Can an AT handle the tough terrains of ladakh? Has anybody taken his/her AT car to ladakh before?

If a Laura AT could handle the terrain, I don't see any reasons why the Ecosport AT should not-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ravelogue.html
Old 12th September 2014, 20:43   #8047
BHPian

^^ Thanks for the quick reply. The only reason why I asked this question is because many people on this forum only have advised against taking an AT car to leh. Any particular reason as to why?
Old 13th September 2014, 02:37   #8048
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
So, Similar to What Ecobeast has done I went ahead and bought the Head Lamps, also from Taiwan and went a step ahead and installed P8 HID Kit 4300K for the low beam (on the Projector) and Osram Cool Blue Intense (4200K) for both High beam (Reflector) and Fog Lamps. - loving the lights so far. I must add that the new Lamps with the black painting makes the Ecosport look even better without the DRLs turned on. (than when fitted with Stock Head Lamps)

A BIG THANKS to Ecobeast for all his help and advise in helping me choose the right options and clearing most of my doubts regarding these lamps. Also Grateful to Threads by Ecosport Rules on his mods, and multiple Lighting related threads in Team BHP - all very informative about light choices.

Was able to take only a couple of pics before my phone died. Will take more pics in a couple of days and post details of the Modifications done.
I am bit confused here. Ford India has provided DRLs as an accessory for Ecosport and yet I have seen guys buying and sourcing these from other sources. Is it purely because they are better or some other reasons as well?
Old 13th September 2014, 10:32   #8049
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I am bit confused here. Ford India has provided DRLs as an accessory for Ecosport and yet I have seen guys buying and sourcing these from other sources. Is it purely because they are better or some other reasons as well?
The Company Headlamps cost 13000. And you need to modify it again if you need to install a Projector + HID Kit. This, I get a Headlamp with a Projector, for maybe slightly more (depending on the type of Projector you decide to install on the company ones). And I liked the dual 'U' shaped design slightly better than the company ones.

And one more thing, I could sell the stock headlamps (new ones cost 11,000 i think). I'm not sure if the company price is for a new one or as an exchange for the old one.

Last edited by bharathan : 13th September 2014 at 10:39.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 18:30   #8050
BHPian

Can some who owned / own a Getz and now have an Ecosport please post comparison of ride quality of these two cars? Which one has stiffer ride?
Old 13th September 2014, 21:00   #8051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Can some who owned / own a Getz and now have an Ecosport please post comparison of ride quality of these two cars? Which one has stiffer ride?
What exactly are you looking for?

Both the cars are comfortable for city rides, but the ecosport's suspension tune is on the stiffer side for sure.

The ford does crash about a little more easily, but if you were to close your ears and just concentrate on the ride, you will see that it's always comfortable.

Decide what you are actually looking for in a suspension set up, and let me know.

A lot of people here love honda's for their softer suspension (esp. the jazz and erstwhile city), but to me, it has the most horrid rear suspension EVER set up by a manufacturer. Similarly, I can actually direct you to a few cars whose suspensions crash around a lot, BUT, they are always comfortable. Just that sound seems to be more intrusive.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 13th September 2014, 22:34   #8052
Senior - BHPian

Replaced the H4 bulbs. It was a 20 second job, either side. What a relief here when compared to the ford fiesta classic in which it is like feeling your bellybutton by inserting a tool at the other end.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2014, 23:40   #8053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
What exactly are you looking for?

Both the cars are comfortable for city rides, but the ecosport's suspension tune is on the stiffer side for sure.
I am looking for a more comfortable ride. I drive a Getz right now, whose suspension I find a bit harsh. I would ideally want a better suspension, in terms of comfort and ride quality. So accordingly I want to know how the Ecosport compare with Getz in terms of ride quality.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 00:02   #8054
BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a more comfortable ride. I drive a Getz right now, whose suspension I find a bit harsh. I would ideally want a better suspension, in terms of comfort and ride quality. So accordingly I want to know how the Ecosport compare with Getz in terms of ride quality.
Ok cool.

As I said before: The ford does crash about a little more easily, but if you were to close your ears and just concentrate on the ride, you will see that it's always comfortable.

- The problem with the ford is the sound of the suspension which is intrusive to most people who travel with me. I am not too bothered about it because I prefer that. On harsh roads, it will let you know that it's doing it's job.
- As I said, if you were to close your ears and just judge the comfort, the ecosport's suspension is comfortable for sure. The sound however is not to everyone's taste.

You say that your getz's suspension is harsh? Assuming that your suspension is in good health, then I would really ask you to look at the verna/grand i10 '14 models first. I have read here that hyundai has now made their suspensions a lot more tolerable.

If you are open to Toyota, then the etios/liva are also very comfortable looking at your requirements. After that, the cars from the maruti stable.

Otherwise, the best car which will qualify for your needs will be Duster. Hands down, no competition for duster

So, for your requirements, go and do a test drive in this order:
Duster > i10/verna/xcent > etios/liva > dzire > ford > whatever else you may fancy.

My ratings (strictly a personal opinion of a ex-getz owner):
Duster > Etios/liva > dzire > ford fiesta/ecosport > everything else

I haven't had the chance to drive the hyundai's yet, so I am not saying anything about it. I only suggest because of the reviews here. Rest all, I have driven.

I hope I have made myself clear. Any confusions, let me know.

Thanks,
Simple_car

P.S. I bought the new fiesta petrol A/T for the A/T.
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2014, 07:19   #8055
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I drive a Getz right now, whose suspension I find a bit harsh. I would ideally want a better suspension, in terms of comfort and ride quality. So accordingly I want to know how the Ecosport compare with Getz in terms of ride quality.
If your Getz's suspension is harsh, then it is worn out. Trust me - my Getz's worn-out suspension is rock hard, its like a sports suspension I've heard that in general, the Getz has a somewhat firmer suspension than the Hyundais of today.

Moving to the EcoSport, I found the suspension firm (in a nice way) yet the newness of the suspension meant it was definitely more comfortable. The suspension is a little noisy especially if you hit an unseen bump/pothole. While it is a bit alarming when you hear it the first few times, its not something to worry about.

In all politeness, your rear end is the best judge - so why don't you try a test drive? The EcoSport is no longer the hottest new model in town, so dealers will be available and willing to give you longer test drives.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed