Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 15:58   #8071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I have driven a friends 1.5 petrol MT quite a bit and find the engine pretty decent. On the other hand, on my few drives with the Ecoboost, I found it pretty irritating in the city. In stop go traffic, one has to keep the engine on the boil with frequent down shifts as under ~1750 rpm there is really no power. The Ecoboost shines on the highway. The 1.5 MT should be more fuel efficient in the city as well.
I wanted to ask precisely that. On the highway the ecoboost is no doubt excellent but in my short in city test drive it did not feel special. There were no test drive cars of 1.5 P no MT and no AT so cannot comment. I wanted to ask about performance of the 1.5 P in the city. Considering when I am spending 10L on such a small (by size) I would want the driving experience to be competent to the likes of the city and other similarly priced cars.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:10   #8072
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
I wanted to ask precisely that. On the highway the ecoboost is no doubt excellent but in my short in city test drive it did not feel special. There were no test drive cars of 1.5 P no MT and no AT so cannot comment. I wanted to ask about performance of the 1.5 P in the city. Considering when I am spending 10L on such a small (by size) I would want the driving experience to be competent to the likes of the city and other similarly priced cars.
I used the word "pedestrian" for the 1.5P. It is an unremarkable engine. Does not mean it is bad. It just gets the job done. Acceleration is slow. If you are in a hurry, you have to downshift quite often. Until 3000rpm, the engine lacks life. Its quite irritating when you want to overtake something on a two lane road. You have to plan in advance and execute. I recently did a 700km run on the highway. Surprisingly, it held up well, even in D mode. With some spirited drive it returned 14kmpl. Again, nothing remarkable. If somebody comes up with a remap, I's surely consider it.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:00   #8073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
OPTION 1-
Product: Zero Depreciation - No Riders
Company: Iffco-Tokio General Insurance
Insurance Amount:21724
PDC Discounted Amount: 19964

OPTION 2-
Liberty Videocon General Insurance
Insurance Amount:13602
PDC Discounted Amount: 13602
For both the cases, this is what has been used as Input data-
Previous IDV: 823925
Renewal IDV: 693832
Depreciation: 15%
NCB: Yes

The second quote is what got my attention. The lady who offered the quotes, also advised me that, in the case of Option 2-Liberty Videocon, while in Delhi NCR, cashless facility will not be a problem irrespective of which service center or body shop I go to, they cannot guarantee the same at a pan-India level.

To me, that does sound like an acceptable enough compromise, for what is a huge difference in Premium between the Incumbent and the Challenger.

What would you opine, I do?
I got my insurance renewal done for my AT a couple of weeks ago. HDF Ergo - 6.75L iDV - 15K premium - 0 dep.

13.6K sounds too good. So check their credentials before proceeding. One trick these agents do is to give you two quotes, one high (IFFCO in this case) and one low (Videocon) so you would get tempted and go for the cheaper option without looking at other options.

Better check with Harpreet Ford (and other dealers in your area) about insurers with which they have tie up with, and go to their websites and get their online quotes.
blacksport is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:43   #8074
BHPian

Hi guys,

I am facing a peculiar issue with my Ecosport, have been observing engine vibrations in fourth and fifth gears - happens randomly. Got the ECU mapping checked two weeks back. Ford service technician says everything is alright. If at all this is repeated again we need to change the Fuel filter and see, was the advise given by technician. Unfortunately it is repeating.

Did any one face this kind of an issue?

Engine type - Diesel

Last edited by bageherath : 15th September 2014 at 17:45.
Old 15th September 2014, 18:53   #8075
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
I got my insurance renewal done for my AT a couple of weeks ago. HDF Ergo - 6.75L iDV - 15K premium - 0 dep.

13.6K sounds too good. So check their credentials before proceeding. One trick these agents do is to give you two quotes, one high (IFFCO in this case) and one low (Videocon) so you would get tempted and go for the cheaper option without looking at other options.

Better check with Harpreet Ford (and other dealers in your area) about insurers with which they have tie up with, and go to their websites and get their online quotes.
Got my AT zero dep insurance renewed for 7.5 +40K accessories idv at 13500 approx by HDFC ERGO.
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 18:55   #8076
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ecosport At Renewal Insurance Query

Quote:
OPTION 1-
Company: Iffco-Tokio General Insurance
Insurance Amount:21724
PDC Discounted Amount: 19964

OPTION 2-
Liberty Videocon General Insurance
Insurance Amount:13602
PDC Discounted Amount: 13602

For both the cases, this is what has been used as Input data-
Previous IDV: 823925
Renewal IDV: 693832
Depreciation: 15%
NCB: Yes
I renewed with HDFC Ergo: The premium was Rs. 18,434/- for an IDV of 7.44 lakh including full depreciation, and 2 lakh cover for 5 passengers.

Your second option looks good, but then, how good are those insurers? I've not heard of them (but then, I'm not an insurance expert!). Is there any voluntary excess, and if so, how much? I'm curious to know what you're losing out on to arrive at this low a premium.

Your first option is too pricey - your paying a higher premium than me for a lower IDV.

My advice? I'm quoting what I posted in my ownership thread in response to another reader:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
  • Don't renew via the dealer! That's the key tip I'd give - you'll save a few thousands by going to the open market.
  • Apart from that, compare options at policybazaar.com to find a good quote.
  • Don't worry about changing insurance providers, there's no hassle involved since the policy purchase can be closed off online. So if you have an existing relationship with a bank and they offer competitive rates, you can opt for them.
  • Feel free to play off quotes from different vendors to help get the best rate.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 19:08   #8077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Got my AT zero dep insurance renewed for 7.5 +40K accessories idv at 13500 approx by HDFC ERGO.
13.5 for HDFC ERGO? Can you please give some more details. What was your previous insurance amount.
I have an online quote of 18k this year from previous years 22k. My IDV is similar to yours but not able to understand the huge difference.
Old 16th September 2014, 09:51   #8078
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ecosport At Renewal Insurance Query

Quote:
Gentlemen - Does anyone have any advise on this please?
Even my Ecosport insurance is due for renewal. I currently have from National Insurance with 35 % NCB.
I am planning to continue with National insurance for which i was given a quote of 14,400 with IDV of 8.25 . It is Zero depreciation but I am yet discuss on number of co passengers covered. My Previous premium was around 21K.
Old 16th September 2014, 09:54   #8079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
13.5 for HDFC ERGO? Can you please give some more details. What was your previous insurance amount.
I have an online quote of 18k this year from previous years 22k. My IDV is similar to yours but not able to understand the huge difference.
I got my Insurance renewed at 17 K IDV 9.15 lac with Nil Dip and medical cover of 2 Lac from Bharti AXA. Model: Titanium TDCi

Last edited by bageherath : 16th September 2014 at 09:57.
Old 16th September 2014, 21:15   #8080
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Remapped and Modified

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruv45in View Post
I am bit confused here. Ford India has provided DRLs as an accessory for Ecosport and yet I have seen guys buying and sourcing these from other sources. Is it purely because they are better or some other reasons as well?
I thought of getting the company fitted drl . But the drl is not worth for 15k. The brightness of the drl is very low and is not visible in day light

Last edited by anumod : 16th September 2014 at 21:16. Reason: corrected the typo
Old 16th September 2014, 23:37   #8081
BHPian

Hello everyone,

How is the Ecosport AT for long drives ? Can 3 adults and 2 kids sit comfortably ?

Ford website also says that delivery times have improved and you can get delivery by Diwali. Is it true for Ecosport AT also ?

Thanks.
Old 17th September 2014, 13:39   #8082
BHPian

Sadly Kairali Trivandrum is not even entertaining enquiries about bookings for the AT version, so I have just about given up all hope of getting one (we need delivery latest April 2015).
Is there any way to force them to take a booking?
Old 17th September 2014, 14:05   #8083
BHPian

^^ Forcing them to take your money and book the car won't help your cause. They will keep it last in their priority list & might even charge you cancellation charges if you decide to buy another car.
I think you should write emails to all the top level ford officials and try to persuade them to make the dealer take your booking.
Old 17th September 2014, 15:34   #8084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Hi ACM,
My Ecosport AT insurance is also due for renewal early next month. Existing one is from HDFC Ergo- Zero Dep. which cost me Rs 20300 for IDV of Rs 913132 when I bought the car. I am getting renewal quote from HDFC for IDV of Rs 821819 (90% of purchase price), Zero Dep. at Rs 23200/-. Is there any no claim bonus in your renewal amount? If so, what's the value? Also can you PM me the agent number through which you got your policy.
Thanks

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 17th September 2014 at 15:48.
Old 18th September 2014, 11:58   #8085

Hello Guys - All the 1.5 TDCi owners - Please share what mileage is the machine giving you? Mine is just 3 weeks old and i understand it's too early to ask.. but just to set my expectation correct.. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks