Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 12:16   #8086
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
I used the word "pedestrian" for the 1.5P. It is an unremarkable engine. Does not mean it is bad. It just gets the job done.
I find the 1.5P engine just adequate for city chores. It is out of breath on the highway unless one switches to triptronic. The fact is ES is a heavy vehicle (1250 kg for AT) and it requires a 2 litre NA engine (which it comes with it in Brazil). In my test drive, I found the ecoboost engine not very responsive for city start stop driving. So if the requirement is just city driving, ES AT is good enough. The suspension has become a bit more pliant after few thousand kms and I find the ride okay now. I have Goodyears at 32psi.
Anuraj Ennai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 13:09   #8087
BHPian

Got the Ecoboost Titanium Option for wifey as a replacemnt for her Swift Zxi. Initial feedback is awesome. Responsive engine and loaded with gizmos and safety features.

Booked on 25 Aug, Delivered in the 1st week of Sep

Accessories put:
Michelin Primacy 3ST in the same size as stock - the ride definitely is a lot more comfortable than the MRF's
3M paint protection, underbody treatment and paint protection film - the paint protection film is an expensive proposition but it has already saved the Ecosport from a scratch when a biker scraped the front fender on a red light (Money well spent already)

All in all had a great experience with Harpreet Ford and special mention to Joydeep and his supervisor Ravikant. They were prompt, made no false promises and ensured I got the car on the date I wanted.

After all the negative feedback on booking and getting an Ecosport, I was very pleasantly surprised. I would recommend them anyday
kewlferrari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 16:47   #8088
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
13.5 for HDFC ERGO? Can you please give some more details. What was your previous insurance amount.
I have an online quote of 18k this year from previous years 22k. My IDV is similar to yours but not able to understand the huge difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Even my Ecosport insurance is due for renewal. I currently have from National Insurance with 35 % NCB.
I am planning to continue with National insurance for which i was given a quote of 14,400 with IDV of 8.25 . It is Zero depreciation but I am yet discuss on number of co passengers covered. My Previous premium was around 21K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
I got my Insurance renewed at 17 K IDV 9.15 lac with Nil Dip and medical cover of 2 Lac from Bharti AXA. Model: Titanium TDCi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Hi ACM,
My Ecosport AT insurance is also due for renewal early next month. Existing one is from HDFC Ergo- Zero Dep. which cost me Rs 20300 for IDV of Rs 913132 when I bought the car. I am getting renewal quote from HDFC for IDV of Rs 821819 (90% of purchase price), Zero Dep. at Rs 23200/-. Is there any no claim bonus in your renewal amount? If so, what's the value? Also can you PM me the agent number through which you got your policy.
Thanks
Hey guys. My take.

Obviously I have got a better rate - pls see my previous post for details -than most others, so what did I do different.

1) HDFC ERGO in my view offers the lowest rate and best deal for both STD and zero dep as in my case.
2) My previous insurance was of another provider and a new insurer will go lower to give a better deal.
3) Last year too when I bought the car new HDFC was lower and I got the dealer to match the price by giving me a discount on the accessories while paying the full price on the company recommended insurer. It was a discount of over Rs. 10k even on the then much in demand new vehicle.
4) I went online to HDFC to request for a quote and did more than 10 emails back forth correspondence to arrive at my deal.
5) I also went to policy bazaar and filled in the details here too HDFC quote was lowest.
6) I had zero claim NCB of first year.
7) I had the HDFC guy come over to my home and negotiated further to get the final deal on the spot.
8) I started the process more than a month in advance
9) Car Dealers insurance rates are bad for Ford. Though for other vehicles like Skoda have found JMD to give good rates.
10) I got quotes from people claiming to be HDFC but only went with the one using the official HDFC email id. There are a lot of frauds so be aware.
11) My age may have got me a slightly better rate.

I feel all will have to go through the effort listed above to arrive at a similar
deal.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 10:42   #8089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Hey guys. My take.

Obviously I have got a better rate - pls see my previous post for details -than most others, so what did I do different.

1) HDFC ERGO in my view offers the lowest rate and best deal for both STD and zero dep as in my case.
2) My previous insurance was of another provider and a new insurer will go lower to give a better deal.
3) Last year too when I bought the car new HDFC was lower and I got the dealer to match the price by giving me a discount on the accessories while paying the full price on the company recommended insurer. It was a discount of over Rs. 10k even on the then much in demand new vehicle.
4) I went online to HDFC to request for a quote and did more than 10 emails back forth correspondence to arrive at my deal.
5) I also went to policy bazaar and filled in the details here too HDFC quote was lowest.
6) I had zero claim NCB of first year.
7) I had the HDFC guy come over to my home and negotiated further to get the final deal on the spot.
8) I started the process more than a month in advance
9) Car Dealers insurance rates are bad for Ford. Though for other vehicles like Skoda have found JMD to give good rates.
10) I got quotes from people claiming to be HDFC but only went with the one using the official HDFC email id. There are a lot of frauds so be aware.
11) My age may have got me a slightly better rate.

I feel all will have to go through the effort listed above to arrive at a similar
deal.
Well the premium for insurance depends on lot of factors. If cheapest is what one wants then he can go for 3rd party insurance. The insurance depends on How much NCB you have, what type of Insurance(standard/Zero Dep), How much IDV one needs, do you need additional cover, should accessories be insured,age etc. Most company match evenly, all it depends on what base and toppings you select.

Also most the times you can bargain with agent, and he generally offers discount by reducing his commission.
Old 19th September 2014, 14:23   #8090

Does anybody from Kerala has an idea about the waiting period and availability of Ecosport AT in Kerala?

I'm seriously thinking about switching to Petrol AT (from my booked TDCi Titanium (O)) as my usage will be very minimum

update me!
Old 20th September 2014, 10:08   #8091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmpbiju View Post
Does anybody from Kerala has an idea about the waiting period and availability of Ecosport AT in Kerala?

I'm seriously thinking about switching to Petrol AT (from my booked TDCi Titanium (O)) as my usage will be very minimum

update me!
I understand that the AT version (production for the domestic market being limited) is still restricted to the metros/very large cities. It may take a while longer to get this version freely in the smaller towns.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 11:22   #8092
BHPian

When I went to enquire about the AT, the service advisor was least bothered to entertain me, forget about a test drive. Decided to wait for sometime for things to get better. But as it seems they haven't. Hence gonna wait for some time (till march-april). If not till then surely gonna buy the next best car in this segment.
Old 20th September 2014, 11:52   #8093
BHPian

I am looking to buy an Ecosport 1.5 Petrol MT. I would request the current owners to post the mileage that they are getting in the city and highway.
Old 21st September 2014, 00:52   #8094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
I am looking to buy an Ecosport 1.5 Petrol MT. I would request the current owners to post the mileage that they are getting in the city and highway.

City best : 18, worst 12
Highway best : 20, worst 16

This is over 20k Kms of experience of 80:20 city/highway driving
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2014, 11:09   #8095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post

City best : 18, worst 12
Highway best : 20, worst 16

This is over 20k Kms of experience of 80:20 city/highway driving
Boy! Your figures even trump diesel ecosports. My city FE is about 9-10kmpl. Recently got 14kmpl over a 600km highway run. But then, I often stand on the accelerator pedal.
Old 21st September 2014, 13:37   #8096

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_242 View Post
I get about 10-11 in the city. I recently drove to Goa from Mangalore and back and got about 13 per litre which was mostly highway driving. I am of the opinion that the fuel economy of 1.5 P MT is reasonable but it does not offer the power that you get in some sedans with the same fuel economy.
Old 21st September 2014, 18:13   #8097
BANNED

Hi Merc4Life,

We are planning to buy Ecosport with ecoboost petrol engine. Can you give your feed back on head lights? Do they require an upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Krish
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:24   #8098
Senior - BHPian

Any one in pune/bombay got the "Projector-DRL" setup done locally? Can you share the feedback and the details of the workshop where you got it done?
Old 22nd September 2014, 10:48   #8099

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish-iitm View Post
Hi Merc4Life,

We are planning to buy Ecosport with ecoboost petrol engine. Can you give your feed back on head lights? Do they require an upgrade?

Thanks in advance

Krish
Hey Krish,

Ford has finally agreed to change the headlight assembly on my car but I haven't really had the time to do it. I think the problem with the assembly was limited only to my car and I don't think its a generic problem with all ecosports. If you do feel good about the car then I suggest you should go buy it without worrying about the headlights. It's a wonderful car to drive.
Old 22nd September 2014, 14:25   #8100
BHPian

Hi All,

I have been facing a very unusual issue in my Ecosport TDCI. The ac/blower start themselves on gear shift many times and I see water trail outside the car. Is it something I should get checked immediately or am I being paranoid?

Could you someone please help? I have been driving it for 11 months with almost no issues.

Most Viewed