Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 09:26   #8116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Ford is the largest selling manufacturer in the UK and the brand is popular for its true-blue driver’s car credentials. So it’s not really shocking that the Ecosport fall a bit short of their expectations, especially those set by other models from Ford. And in the small crossover segment they’ve too many quality options to choose from. Unlike in India, the Ecosport is priced at premium along with the likes of Renault Captur, Peugeot 2008 etc. For comparison, there the entry-level Ecosport is priced on par with the top-end Duster.
Actually I was shocked by the statement that Ecosport and Yeti are priced fairly closely (considering the vast difference in India) - not by the fact that Ecosport falls short of their expectations.
Yes the benchmarks of folk there are pretty high.
Old 30th September 2014, 13:35   #8117
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Broken Sunglasses holder - Warranty claim not accepted

Shreeji Ford Thane claims to not be handling warranty claims (as per Uday - Floor Supervisor) due to issues with Ford. What use is an authorized centre that does not support warranty claims?

The Sunglasses holder clip in my EcoSport AT is broken. The Service Advisor Satish told me on the phone itself what the issue would be as they have hand many cases of it. But in my case I have not even used the sunglasses holder and yesterday found it open and not closing after possibly going through a mildly rough road section. That clearly implies a manufacturing defect.

The part costs Rs. 3000 approx. and they are not prepared to even escalate a warranty claim to Ford. (I has asked them to get me a claim refusal in writing from Ford.)

Have posted snaps and additional issues and details on my thread on the same below:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3546333

Post 28 mentions this new issue.

Haven't found Ford Service to be any better than Skoda till date atleast for me. TATA vehicles had issues but the service support was much better.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140930_112428_resized.jpg  

Last edited by ACM : 30th September 2014 at 13:36.
Old 30th September 2014, 14:29   #8118
BHPian

Recently I saw a Black EcoSport with chrome/steel trims on all the windows, it looked nice. I was not able to take a photo though...

Has anyone installed these? Where can you get them in Bangalore?

Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 17:32   #8119
BHPian

Re: Broken Sunglasses holder - Warranty claim not accepted

It is tiny and my sun-glasses do fit in one awkward position only. But thankfully this part is still holding on in my Ecosport AT. This is despite my 5 year old son fiddling with it. Touch wood. He has managed to dislodge it a few times from the hinge, but thankfully I have managed to push it back inside.

BTW, I am a Wasan customer and my first service was done there. Am due for the second service next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

The Sunglasses holder clip in my EcoSport AT is broken. The Service Advisor Satish told me on the phone itself what the issue would be as they have hand many cases of it. But in my case I have not even used the sunglasses holder and yesterday found it open and not closing after possibly going through a mildly rough road section. That clearly implies a manufacturing defect.
Old 30th September 2014, 18:12   #8120
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Broken Sunglasses holder - Warranty claim not accepted

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
It is tiny and my sun-glasses do fit in one awkward position only. But thankfully this part is still holding on in my Ecosport AT. This is despite my 5 year old son fiddling with it. Touch wood. He has managed to dislodge it a few times from the hinge, but thankfully I have managed to push it back inside.

BTW, I am a Wasan customer and my first service was done there. Am due for the second service next month.
I too will have to go to Wasan next. Shreeji Ford ceases to be their dealer anymore. A Team Bhpian has posted a scan of a notice confirming this only thread mentioned in my previous post.
Old 30th September 2014, 19:47   #8121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I too will have to go to Wasan next. Shreeji Ford ceases to be their dealer anymore. A Team Bhpian has posted a scan of a notice confirming this only thread mentioned in my previous post.
Have you tried shooting a strong worded mail to Ford India? I did when the service people over filled engine oil in my car and got a prompt response.
Maybe a mail could help, had same issue with my car but mechanic did some adjustment and its fine till now.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2014, 18:07   #8122
BHPian

New Feature Discovered

My Ecosport AT has the conventional key start mechanism. However, it seems to function similar to the push start system. What I mean is that even if I turn the key for a split second and release it, the crank continues till the car starts (which is about 1-2 seconds additional).

Has anybody else noticed this in their car?
Old 2nd October 2014, 00:26   #8123
Distinguished - BHPian

Curious!

I wonder if the opposite happens: if the starter motor disengages even if you keep holding the key at start? It could be that the whole start process is controlled by the ECU?
Old 2nd October 2014, 03:39   #8124
BHPian

boot door gap

Somehow the gap at the boot door seems to have increased after a recent wash where the car was lifted up. Can it happen or is it my worries.
Old 2nd October 2014, 14:08   #8125
ved

I have heard that they have started delivery of Ecoboost 1L Petrol again. I am in Hyderabad and wanted to see if I can get my hands on this model.
Old 3rd October 2014, 17:09   #8126
BHPian

Rear wheel cover is available on snapdeal. Dont know how it compares with the Original.
Old 5th October 2014, 19:26   #8127
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
I have heard that they have started delivery of Ecoboost 1L Petrol again. I am in Hyderabad and wanted to see if I can get my hands on this model.
I picked up a silver ecoboost petrol about a month and half ago. Got it exactly a week after paying booking amount. Dealer will always try to sell something in stock. My dealer was trying to sell me a white one which he had in stock and told me any other color will take 4 months. I told him then I was going to pick up a duster and next day they called the factory and found out a silver one was ready to dispatch.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:37   #8128
ved

The question really is if Ecosport(Ecoboost 1L) still worth given all the other competition in the market? Lots of glitz around new vento, all black rapid, new city, ciaz etc. Tough decision
Old 6th October 2014, 14:04   #8129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ved View Post
The question really is if Ecosport(Ecoboost 1L) still worth given all the other competition in the market? Lots of glitz around new vento, all black rapid, new city, ciaz etc. Tough decision
Well, there's two factors to consider:
  1. Form factor: The others you've listed are lower-riding sedans, and the EcoSport is a tall-boy. Each have their pros and cons that have been debated previously, and it boils down to buyer preferences/compromises.
  2. Engine: VW's 1.2L TSI engine is a good engine, and the only one comparable to the EcoBoost 1.0 engine - both are turbocharged petrols, with torque coming in early. However, the other cars are NA engines - the City's petrol engine might appeal to a NA purist for its generally high-revving and VTEC nature. The 1.4L petrol engine in the Ciaz - meh.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 15:39   #8130
BHPian

I figured this out. It is apparently an official accessory called the Chrome Kit.

http://www.india.ford.com/servlet/Sa...erlay-takeover

Quote:
Originally Posted by indusboy View Post
Recently I saw a Black EcoSport with chrome/steel trims on all the windows, it looked nice. I was not able to take a photo though...

Has anyone installed these? Where can you get them in Bangalore?

Thanks

Most Viewed