Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 16:48   #8206
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, I am seeing Ecosport promotions on TV in recent days. Has the wait time gone down and there is quick availability? Earlier, I think they just relied on word of mouth publicity.
I checked in Bangalore, and the TDCI Titanium (all colors) are available within 20 days of booking. Ecoboost has longer wait periods. Seems like their full capacity is dedicated for TDCI top variant now.
arunkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 16:56   #8207
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, I am seeing Ecosport promotions on TV in recent days. Has the wait time gone down and there is quick availability? Earlier, I think they just relied on word of mouth publicity.
Yes there is quick Availability now. They didn't advertise much at launch since they didn't need it then. Now they do need some support from marketing.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2014, 17:21   #8208
Senior - BHPian

We have a Ecosport Ecoboost in the family which has done about 3,000 kms. I am spending some time with it today and I noticed that there is shuddering in the second gear. Even when we slow down & cross a speed breaker, the car shudder's before taking off. It's not happening in the first or third gear. Is it the clutch or there is something inherent in ecoboost variants? The car is driven primarily in the city & till today was totally chauffeur driven.
Old 29th October 2014, 18:41   #8209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
We have a Ecosport Ecoboost in the family which has done about 3,000 kms. I am spending some time with it today and I noticed that there is shuddering in the second gear. Even when we slow down & cross a speed breaker, the car shudder's before taking off. It's not happening in the first or third gear.
What's the RPM when the shuddering occurs. The EcoBoost's torque comes in only around 1800 rpm, and from my experience, the engine is not at this speed if you're in second gear after a speed breaker.
Old 30th October 2014, 00:47   #8210
Distinguished - BHPian

I noticed while initially test driving this ecoboost variant that there is a terrible turbo lag while driving at city speeds. This is what made me change my booking from an Ecoboost to the TDCI variant.
Old 30th October 2014, 12:39   #8211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
We have a Ecosport Ecoboost in the family which has done about 3,000 kms. I am spending some time with it today and I noticed that there is shuddering in the second gear. Even when we slow down & cross a speed breaker, the car shudder's before taking off. It's not happening in the first or third gear. Is it the clutch or there is something inherent in ecoboost variants? The car is driven primarily in the city & till today was totally chauffeur driven.
Hold the gear lever when that's happening. Does it go off?
Old 30th October 2014, 21:58   #8212
BHPian

Check out the future design enhancements on the Ecosport. Called the Ecosport storme, Beauty and Beast. The Storm which apparently is modelled on the F22 Raptor appears to be the best of the lot.

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/10/f...ow-2014-154603
PVPal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 22:34   #8213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator1101 View Post
If somebody at Ford is listening, its been quite some time since the Ecosport has been launched. Now, there is something called the CSD or Canteen Stores Department. 99% of Defence Personnel purchase their cars through CSD which makes these vehicles cheaper than the market rates by around 50-70k depending upon the model.

Ford has quitely kept only the Fiesta Classic available in CSD and the new Fiesta or Ecosport are not available. I personally know at least 10 such people who have walked over to a different brand just because Ecosport in not available in CSD. I hope Ford top brass does something about this because in a already sinking market, they are missing out on customers from the defence fraternity.
Good news at last : Ford has introduced the Ecosport in the CSD, but only one petrol (not the ecoboost) and two trims of diesel version are available.
Dear Ford, even Faujis can be car enthusiasts.
aviator1101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2014, 11:24   #8214
BHPian

Quote:
Good news at last : Ford has introduced the Ecosport in the CSD, but only one petrol (not the ecoboost) and two trims of diesel version are available.
That's great news indeed! Which city and which dealer confirmed this to you?
Old 4th November 2014, 13:00   #8215
BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect to Fauji's , they can easily buy any variant they want outside CSD. I am just trying to understand what is your point in last sentence ?
Ford is having hard time fulfilling demand of outside dealers that's why they are probably thinking twice before selling it with discount in CSD.

P.S: I am in no way associated with Ford.

Last edited by athanedar : 4th November 2014 at 13:01.
Old 4th November 2014, 13:19   #8216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
With all due respect to Fauji's , they can easily buy any variant they want outside CSD. I am just trying to understand what is your point in last sentence ?
Ford is having hard time fulfilling demand of outside dealers that's why they are probably thinking twice before selling it with discount in CSD.

True. Also what is the need to milk an already over-milked government?
Old 4th November 2014, 23:42   #8217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
True. Also what is the need to milk an already over-milked government?
Guys, it's a privilege those guys get for the job they chose! A lot of people take advantage of car lease programs (which they are entitled to, and thereby the associated tax savings). We all take any (legal) benefits we get - so give it a break please.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 4th November 2014 at 23:44.
swiftnfurious is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 11:40   #8218
Team-BHP Support

The 2015 Ford EcoSport could lose its tailgate-mounted spare wheel.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Image: Auto Evolution
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 12:13   #8219
BHPian

I liked the tailgate-mounted spare wheel. Without it the visual appeal will definitely take a hit. It will look like a hatch on stilts with size comparable to punto/i20/polo.
Old 7th November 2014, 14:04   #8220
Distinguished - BHPian

Also notice that they have retained the boot button sensor on that fake handle. If it's like normal boot opening (which is pulling it up), it will be a bit tricky. There's nil gap between the boot and the bumper so you will have to rely on the fake handle to pull it open. The high positioning of this can be troublesome and the handle isnt all that strong to withstand numerous counts of boot openings.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 7th November 2014 at 14:05.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks