Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2014, 17:34   #8386
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_That_V8 View Post
The Recall is for

1. Diesel Titanium Optional "(O)" which has 6 airbags
2. Petrol Ecoboost which has an ispection to be done in the fuel line.
3. Petrol with Titanium Optional (o) which is again for the airbags.
Plus the Titanium AT with 6 airbags.

So basically all Ecosports with side airbags...

and

All Ecosports with Ecoboost engine.
Old 17th December 2014, 17:57   #8387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Since you live up north, I'd imagine it's just static electricity. Since the weather is dry these days and we tend to wear woolens our body builds up a lot of static which discharges as soon as you touch the metal on the car body. Try today, since it has been raining, I doubt you'll get current or atleast it won't be as much.

Yes exactly. You're right. Now it's much better.
Old 17th December 2014, 17:58   #8388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_That_V8 View Post
The Recall is for

1. Diesel Titanium Optional "(O)" which has 6 airbags
2. Petrol Ecoboost which has an ispection to be done in the fuel line.
3. Petrol with Titanium Optional (o) which is again for the airbags.
Bear in mind that the Titanium 1.5 AT also has 6 airbags and is covered by the recall.

Let me try to summarize this differently, based on the various models that Ford lists on their webpage, and the information we've got till date about the recalls.

The following models have no recall, because they do not use the EcoBoost engine, and do not have 6 airbags.
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Ambiente
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Trend
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Ambiente
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Trend
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Titanium

The following models are in scope of only 1 recall, namely "S1411 RCM CONNECTOR WIRING", also known as the side airbags recall. These models have 6 airbags but do not use the EcoBoost engine.
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium AT
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Titanium(O)

The following model is in scope of only 1 recall, namely "FSA Number: S1403 FUEL TUBE AND VAPOUR TUBE REPLACEMENT", also known as the fuel line rusting inspection/replacement recall. This is because it uses the EcoBoost engine, but has only 2 airbags.
  • 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium

The following model is in scope of both recalls for the side airbags and fuel line, since it has the EcoBoost engine and has 6-airbags.
  • 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium(O)
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 21:10   #8389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Bear in mind that the Titanium 1.5 AT also has 6 airbags and is covered by the recall.
===========[*]1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium(O)[/list]
Oh yes! Thanks for the heads up ArunPhilip. I forgot to mention the AT version. well explained! .
Rev_That_V8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2014, 23:28   #8390
BHPian

Oh My! I just got to know that there is a recall in progress!
I have not received any calls/mails from Ford or the dealer regarding this recall. Is it a generic recall or specific to only particular cars?

Mine is a 2014 July TDCi Titanium(O).
Old 17th December 2014, 23:43   #8391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Is it a generic recall or specific to only particular cars? Mine is a 2014 July TDCi Titanium(O).
Your variant is likely in scope of one of the two recalls, to correct the wiring for the side airbags, as mentioned below.
Quote:
The following models are in scope of only 1 recall, namely "S1411 RCM CONNECTOR WIRING", also known as the side airbags recall. These models have 6 airbags but do not use the EcoBoost engine.
  • 1.5 TiVCT Petrol Titanium AT
  • 1.5 TDCi Diesel Titanium(O)
However, as the formal confirmation, do visit Ford's Field Service Action page and enter your car's VIN to see if it is in scope of the recall.
Old 18th December 2014, 06:11   #8392
BHPian

Quote:
That's very strange that the website doesn't show you the FSA, given both yours and mine are EcoBoosts manufactured in the same month. Would you mind PMing me your VIN number, so I can check? I've sent you a PM with my VIN, for you to check yourself.
I cannot use PMs yet because of the newbie status I guess. Did not receive yours. Anyway, now the website reports the same as well. Since mine is the titanium one I only have 1 FSA listed. Probably it took a while to update. I am currently out of India and would only return in end of January. Any idea if it is okay to wait that long?
Dhrubo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 08:02   #8393
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo View Post
Since mine is the titanium one I only have 1 FSA listed. I am currently out of India and would only return in end of January. Any idea if it is okay to wait that long?
OK, so I presume the only FSA in your case is the fuel/vapour line inspection/replacement for EcoBoost engines, since you mention yours is a Titanium and not a Titanium (O).

The news reports indicated that this FSA is to address a long-term rusting issue, so another 1.5 months shouldn't harm us, after having had the vehicles for over 15 months I myself am going to get this addressed only after my 2 week vacation ends in early January, simply because I don't want to embark on a journey immediately after having the fuel lines replaced.

Is someone using your EcoSport in your absence? If not, I think its advisable to get this done quickly upon your return, because a vehicle at standstill is more likely to pick up rust.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 08:12   #8394
BHPian

My cleaner comes and cleans the cars everyday and also takes it for a little spin (around 20 km per week).
I plan to do that as soon as I get back. I also need to get my battery checked and replace one of my tyres. I hear there is a sidewall tear. My car came with the MRFs and I did not change it. I wanted to go for better ones during the first scheduled change. Now I am confused what to do. Maybe, I should just by a MRF and keep it at the rear.
Old 18th December 2014, 14:50   #8395
Senior - BHPian

Folks finally time has come to book my own Ecosport. Planning this weekend to book a Titanium TDCi since there is an imminent price hike in the corner, model year change and excise- either or both.

Short listed on two colors Mars Red and Grey. However heard that its not the same dark grey now but a lighter shade available. Does anyone have a pic to check out since the dealer said its not on display right now.
Old 18th December 2014, 16:23   #8396

Today my Ford Dealer called me and I was told that my Ecosport 1.5P AT was listed under Ford Field Service Action No.S1411 which required the Main Wiring Harness connected to the Side Airbags Reworked, I took my vehicle to the dealership and the service technicians did not replace any wiring but just reworked on the existing wiring harness and connected it to the correct position which should have been done at the time of Manufacturing, The Job took around two hours, Got a Zero bill.
KarNut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 17:12   #8397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarNut View Post
Today my Ford Dealer called me and I was told that my Ecosport 1.5P AT was listed under Ford Field Service Action No.S1411 which required the Main Wiring Harness connected to the Side Airbags Reworked, I took my vehicle to the dealership and the service technicians did not replace any wiring but just reworked on the existing wiring harness and connected it to the correct position which should have been done at the time of Manufacturing, The Job took around two hours, Got a Zero bill.
Hey KarNut, Thanks a ton for sharing this info with us - you're probably the first one to have done this work.

Good to hear that the work is quite minimal and involves no replacement, that'll be a reassurance for this affected by this recall.

One favour - could you also please post this same info in the recall thread?

That will help people following that thread to also get this useful info.
Old 18th December 2014, 20:52   #8398
BHPian

Hi guys, I am really happy to inform you that today I got the delivery of my Ford Ecosport Trend variant diesel. The color that I have chosen is smoke grey. It's a beautiful color. Will post the pics tomorrow. And thread will follow soon.
HappyRoadie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 21:30   #8399
Senior - BHPian

Do they(ford service) do headlight focus adjustment job as a part of scheduled service?

If so, a feedback of the same is awaited!
Old 18th December 2014, 21:48   #8400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
... since there is an imminent price hike in the corner, model year change and excise- either or both.

Short listed on two colors Mars Red and Grey. However heard that its not the same dark grey now but a lighter shade available. Does anyone have a pic to check out since the dealer said its not on display right now.
The price hike, perhaps could be a ploy to liquidate 2014 stocks lying with the dealer. With competition from Hyundai and Maruti right around the corner, prices could also come southwards.

The Grey colour is almost similar with the current one being smoke grey and the former one called sea grey

Most Viewed