Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2014, 21:41   #8431
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Done with the first service.

. Mechanic closed the drain hole even as the old oil was dripping(albeit a little).

. Poured oil was Mobil Super™ 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30. Online resources say it is fully synthetic, but i doubt if it is, for 3.9 litre costs 1200. Last time(for fiesta) i saw them pour green stuff(castrol magnatec?).

. I asked them specifically to check for diesel tank float(am facing erratic fuel gauge reading when tank is full or almost full). They said all done, but nowhere mentioned in the bill. Yet to check(by filling to the brim).

. 9 AM walk in, 12 PM walked out. 3 hours. Done in the quick service bay. One guy deals with the oil and another with the brake cleaning.

. They washed the vehicle first, and then brought it to do oil service. I made a fool of myself by keeping the car idling at the service centre parking lot so that oil is drained hot.

. Poured new oil and then old oil filter renewed. What a priority.

. They remove the MAF(is that right?) sensor plug, remove air filter, air filter box, and then they get access to the oil filter.

. "Saar headlights are already focused". "but high beam....".. "saar. see.. both lights are in the same line in the wall".

. They inflated the tyres back to 32 psi+. Ride was stiff.

Last edited by ramzsys : 23rd December 2014 at 21:44.
Old 24th December 2014, 09:25   #8432
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Same here. My driving is 60:40 highway city.
My usage is very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
BTW, do you guys think using premium or high octane petrol would help?
Engines are designed for a specific octane rating. For high end cars which use higher octane petrol the engines generally have a safety feature to retard the timing slightly in case you are forced to put lower ocatane petrol. In my previous Mercedes ML320 petrol, the manual said that I should use only higher octane petrol. However, it also mentioned that if I was forced to put lower octane petrol, I should only fill sufficient to reach to the destination or next petrol pump and top up with proper octane immediately. The engine would adjust the timing to prevent knocking when lower octane petrol is detected.

In engines designed for lower octane petrol, there is absolutely no benefit in using higher octane petrol. Pure waste of money !!
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 12:55   #8433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
BTW, do you guys think using premium or high octane petrol would help? I'm asking cause theoretically, a low compression ratio of the ecoboost, these fuels wont help much.
Ford's manual recommends against any metal based additives, or any other additives. It recommends 95 octane fuel, and is OK for us to use either 0% 5% or 10% ethanol blended petrol.

My recommendation is to stick to normal petrol only, not premium, and not any of the high octane blends.

Good point about the compression ratio for the EcoBoost, it's even lower than that of the NA petrol.
Old 26th December 2014, 15:20   #8434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_That_V8 View Post
The Recall is for

1. Diesel Titanium Optional "(O)" which has 6 airbags
2. Petrol Ecoboost which has an ispection to be done in the fuel line.
3. Petrol with Titanium Optional (o) which is again for the airbags.
Mine is a July 2013 manufactured 1.5P AT and the FSA # S1411 states RCM Connector wiring. I have not received any official communication from the dealer or from Ford India.
Old 26th December 2014, 15:27   #8435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I can totally understand this situation. The traffic out here is really pathetic thanks to the metro construction on the entire city stretch. I manage a max of 12kmpl in my city run (TDCI). But on highways, it can go close to 17-18kmpl. The best way is to keep the rpm at the powerband (1.5k rpm), I tried that and got the best figures.
I managed to get 16.8 kmpl on a highway drive from Chennai-Blore-Chennai last week on my 1.5P AT. Kept the speed to 80-90kmph and used only the D mode not the S mode. In city I am unable to get more than 9-10 kmpl. Any AT owners getting better mileage please post.
Old 27th December 2014, 08:40   #8436
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody here using aftermarket horn? I am planning to change them.
Old 27th December 2014, 09:12   #8437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Anybody here using aftermarket horn? I am planning to change them.
Horn in Ecosport was comparatively much better than the one in Figo. Any quality deterioration in the stock one to make you plan a replacement?
I got my Figo a set of horn from Kairaly Ford, along with a wiring kit and change over switch which is quite good and loud. (Though it adds to the noise pollution)

Last edited by rajeev k : 27th December 2014 at 09:23.
Old 27th December 2014, 09:30   #8438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Horn in Ecosport was comparatively much better than the one in Figo. Any quality deterioration in the stock one to make you plan a replacement?
I got my Figo a set of horn from Kairaly Ford, along with a wiring kit and change over switch which is quite good and loud. (Though it adds to the noise pollution)
Horn is doing great. Just want to change to VW/Skoda type.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2014, 13:51   #8439
BHPian

Hi Folks. Needed some piece of advise here.
AVK Ford Mumbai has offered a Total Maintenance Plan for Rs 43,000.

The following are the claims made:
1. Absolute zero billing for 3 years
2. Covers all electric and mechanical parts (In case of defect or wear and tear)
3. Includes periodic service at the following intervals: 10000, 20000, 30000, 40000
4. Brake-pad and Brake Disc replacement (Whether it is worn out or not)
5. Wiper Blade replacement (3 times)
6. All consumables (coolant, Oil, etc)
7. Interior Cleaning (3 times)
8. Teflon coating (3 times)

So according to them, If any part wears out within these 3 years they would replace it without incurring any charges to me.
I don't know how legitimate are these claims since it feels too good to be true. I am visiting the dealer today to know more !
Needed to know your expert views ( Has anyone opted for this?)
Old 27th December 2014, 17:12   #8440
Senior - BHPian

First two years are covered under warranty and the 10KKM service is also free and what is chargeable is only the oil. Not necessary to change coolant till 40K KMs.
So this maintenance package, even if legitimate, is not attractive.
Old 27th December 2014, 18:08   #8441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
First two years are covered under warranty and the 10KKM service is also free and what is chargeable is only the oil. Not necessary to change coolant till 40K KMs.
So this maintenance package, even if legitimate, is not attractive.
Hi Rajeev !

I just visited the dealer and got back home. He told me that the following charges would be incurred at these respective intervals:
10000kms- 2500Rs
20000kms- 6100Rs
30000kms- 9100Rs
40000kms- 6100Rs
So when I add this up it becomes 23800 as it is.

Also, apparently the brake disc and brake pad would cost me 8000Rs and Wiper blades (3 nos) would amount to 3000Rs according to him. So that makes it a total of 34800 Now.

I am not catching the Interior cleaning and teflon coating as I think that is just put to lure customers.

But the thing that is catching my attention is, If i anyway will spend 34800 in 3 years, with additional 8k am I completely relieved of any wear and tear?

For example if my clutch gives way due to whatever reasons, or umm some issue with the AC Compressor, or suspension issues? (Am I being too paranoid about these things going in 3 years or am I a target or some good marketing?)

Views invited !
Old 27th December 2014, 18:55   #8442
BHPian

Finished my recall procedure today at Elite Ford, Bangalore. For my ES AT, RCM connector wiring had to be reconfigured. They did that in 2 hours (Advisor said it would take 4 hours, but I insisted on 2 hours, and 2 hours it was!) . Another 30 minutes for washing. INR 0 bill.
Old 27th December 2014, 21:09   #8443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royfernandez View Post
Mine is a July 2013 manufactured 1.5P AT and the FSA # S1411 states RCM Connector wiring. I have not received any official communication from the dealer or from Ford India.
The communication from Ford India will be through service people , letter sent through postal address and email id given at the time of purchase. You can contact the dealer and refer this if you had received any of the aforementioned communication
If otherwise you can call your dealer and ask them whether your car is in the affected batch of vehicles. If they don't respond promptly then try the customer care number or email at Ford India Pvt. Ltd.
Old 28th December 2014, 12:02   #8444
AAD
BHPian

I have a 1.5 AT Ecosport and got the FSA for faulty airbag switch through e mail and the same got rectified at Bhavna Ford, Mumbai yesterday. I made it a point to have it mentioned on the Job Card since I wanted it placed on record that I had the issue addressed.

A question for fellow AT Exosport owners. I experience a judder between 20-30 kmph while driving in either D or S mode and maintaining steady speed. It's as if the AT gearbox is not sure if it needs to up shift or not and the ECU seems confused in sending the right signals to the gearbox!!!

These situations occur mostly after start from stand still and then having to forego acceleration in order to maintain typical urban crawl speeds. I explained the issue to Service Advisor at Bhavana Ford, but he was completely clueless. I don't think he understood what I was trying to say.

Anybody experiencing similar issue?
Old 29th December 2014, 09:20   #8445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
I have a 1.5 AT Ecosport and got the FSA for faulty airbag switch through e mail and the same got rectified at Bhavna Ford, Mumbai yesterday. I made it a point to have it mentioned on the Job Card since I wanted it placed on record that I had the issue addressed.

A question for fellow AT Exosport owners. I experience a judder between 20-30 kmph while driving in either D or S mode and maintaining steady speed. It's as if the AT gearbox is not sure if it needs to up shift or not and the ECU seems confused in sending the right signals to the gearbox!!!

These situations occur mostly after start from stand still and then having to forego acceleration in order to maintain typical urban crawl speeds. I explained the issue to Service Advisor at Bhavana Ford, but he was completely clueless. I don't think he understood what I was trying to say.

Anybody experiencing similar issue?
I do too, although the judder is quite faint. My SA is also clueless. Moreover, the judder isn't consistent. I failed to repeat it consistently in front of the Service Advisor(s). From what I have observed, this judder is always between gears 1 and 2.

Last edited by roy_libran : 29th December 2014 at 09:22.

Most Viewed