Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2015, 11:52   #8581
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Took a short break with the family over the Republic Day weekend at a serene spot in Muhamma (about 48 kms from home).
Posting a few pics.
Why don't you make a one day picnic kind of travelogue, in detail. Nice serene spot and the complimenting pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I think you're running the stock wiper blades. When you decide to change them, please consider either the Hella DynaEdge or Bosch Aerotwin blades.
Better to wait till June so that they can be replaced, ideally, just before the monsoon.

Last edited by rajeev k : 3rd February 2015 at 11:53.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:30   #8582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Wow, lovely pictures and appears to be a nice place. You need to do a travelogue for the rest of us.

Since this is the EcoSport thread, I have to point out one thing I noticed in your first picture - I think you're running the stock wiper blades. When you decide to change them, please consider either the Hella DynaEdge or Bosch Aerotwin blades. These are the frameless style of blades that drape onto the glass - I changed to these some months ago, and have been fully pleased with their performance, and their cleaner appearance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Why don't you make a one day picnic kind of travelogue, in detail. Nice serene spot and the complimenting pictures.
Better to wait till June so that they can be replaced, ideally, just before the monsoon.
Thanks for that useful tip on the wiper blades. I'll definitely change to them before the next monsoon.
I'm not much of a writer and my usual indolence prevents me from overexertion - and writing a travelogue is certainly exacting work.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 01:01   #8583
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the Air bag recall work done. They took 1.5 hrs. Skipped the free wash. The center console where they do the work now rattles irritating me a fair bit.

In the last service they also managed to loose the black cap over a screw that fits the driver side door handle it now looks shoddy and they don't sell this as a part.

Thought I posted this earlier

Got the 3m germ clean plus interior cleaning done for 3.5k as good as new on the inside now. Just the rattle

Last edited by ACM : 4th February 2015 at 01:03.
Old 4th February 2015, 07:05   #8584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
In the last service they also managed to loose the black cap over a screw that fits the driver side door handle it now looks shoddy and they don't sell this as a part.
Oh no. I have the same thing missing on the passenger side door. The guys lost it while installing the tweeters. I was planning to get this done when I go for service. If they don't sell this as a part, will they be selling the entire door trim? It's like saying they dont sell the mirror cowl, but only the entire mirror assembly. What a way to loot money.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc_0001.jpg
Old 4th February 2015, 13:40   #8585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the last service they also managed to loose the black cap over a screw that fits the driver side door handle
100% their problem and their liability to fix. How, or how much it costs them, is not your concern. it is theirs! Insist. Strong and loud.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 15:57   #8586
BHPian

HDFC ERGO is quoting Rs. 14,249/- for comprehensive insurance & Rs. 19,596/- with zero depreciation add-on. The vehicle IDV is Rs. 8,81,593/- against an ex-showroom price of Rs. 9,18,149/- They are also offering cashless settlement with the after-sales service provider in Goa, Caculo Ford. Is this a good deal and should I go in for the zero depreciation add-on? I will anyway be opting for extended warranty. I appreciate your comments & suggestions.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-quotes.jpg  

Old 4th February 2015, 19:02   #8587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Oh no. I have the same thing missing on the passenger side door.
Attachment 1336220
This is a problem with the Figo too. It falls off on its own. Once I could pick it up from the floor mat. Very ill fitting cap.
Btb, Is it the tweeter, that is resembling like a spider in the picture?
Old 4th February 2015, 19:20   #8588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is a problem with the Figo too. It falls off on its own. Once I could pick it up from the floor mat. Very ill fitting cap.
Btb, Is it the tweeter, that is resembling like a spider in the picture?
It didnt fall off. The guys missed it while installing the tweeter. And yes, that's a Soundstream tweeter.
Old 6th February 2015, 09:19   #8589
BHPian

Ford personalization centres :

Ford has introduced personalization centres for vehicle modification . First vehicle being taken up for customization is Ecosport .

The Vehicle Personalization Centre will begin with three customization options for the Ford EcoSport, which include:
  • Spare Wheel (Cover) Pack for all EcoSport variants
  • Alloys Pack that offers premium quality alloys and rear-spoiler for EcoSport’s Ambiente and Trend trims
  • Sports Pack that includes rear-spoiler, LED scuff plate, roof cross-bar for EcoSport’s Titanium and Titanium (O) trims
Source : IAB .
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-qualitycheckbaysatrecentlylaunchedfordvehiclepersonalisationcentre1024x677.jpg  

abkett is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2015, 23:11   #8590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkett View Post
Ford has introduced personalization centres for vehicle modification . First vehicle being taken up for customization is Ecosport .
The only benefit i see is getting the accessories factory fitted instead of dealership fitted. All the accessories are widely available with dealers now. I was expecting something more which dealerships may not be able to do like say installing a sunroof. The sunroof accessory is long due which is there on some international variants. Also they are trying to sell off some duds like spoiler with the so called "packs". Its a shame to see that people here will spend 20k+ for fancy alloys on their Ambiente and Trend Ecosports while there is no market for ABS and Airbag equipped lower trims of cars which would have costed this much more.
Old 8th February 2015, 20:15   #8591
Distinguished - BHPian

20k kms service done. Report here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3640829

Also saw this at the service station.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150207_171947.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150207_172156.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 00:05   #8592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Also saw this at the service station.
Is this a new color option for the Ecosport?
Old 9th February 2015, 06:57   #8593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this a new color option for the Ecosport?
No. This is there at the service station for training purpose. Also, many cars do undergo paint jobs for testing purpose and to see if they can be introduced later down the line.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 21:19   #8594
BHPian

Call it my ignorance, but I am not able to locate my tool kit of my Ecosport TDCI Titanium. Infact, I don't remember seeing it since a while now. When I went to drop the vehicle for 2nd free service, that is when I realized. Can you please let me know how the tool kit looks like ? I have a family trip coming up this weekend and I am a little worried now. If I have really lost one, can you recommend any tool kit I can buy before my trip ?
Old 9th February 2015, 22:19   #8595
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Call it my ignorance, but I am not able to locate my tool kit of my Ecosport TDCI Titanium. Can you please let me know how the tool kit looks like?
Its in the boot, beneath the boot mat. The following pictures are from page 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The tool kit...

...and the jack below:

Most Viewed