Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2015, 19:20   #8806
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IIRC, one BHPian already has this on the EcoSport.

Looks great and suits the car well. Try looking at the DRL on the fog lamps of the type you posted a picture of (pic 3) .
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I've had my eyes on these for a while now. The other day I saw a white Ecosport 'sporting' these, parked at Koovapadam, on my way to a wedding. It looked quite snazzy.
The only fly in the ointment is the warranty being void (for the electricals?) if you fix these.
I wanted to go with the single projector headlights but wifey picked this one. Warranty will not be affected as this is a plug n play unit. I had projectors in my swift before. It was pretty cheap some couple of years back but not so now (almost 3 times the price ).
Old 25th April 2015, 19:23   #8807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I wanted to go with the single projector headlights but wifey picked this one. Warranty will not be affected as this is a plug n play unit. I had projectors in my swift before. It was pretty cheap some couple of years back but not so now (almost 3 times the price).
Good selection IMO. The units looks classy.

Go ahead with this setup and if required upgrade for a better output.
Old 25th April 2015, 19:26   #8808
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
That would be me.

They are excellent and no issues reported so far. However, note that the high/low beam is not as effective as stock. Also, you might have to adjust the angles a couple of times before you are satisfied.

Cheers,
Saurabh
Please PM your email id. Need more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Good selection IMO. The units looks classy.

Go ahead with this setup and if required upgrade for a better output.
The unit comes with standard bulbs. Will need to buy HIDs (osram or Philips 4300k). And as for the high beam, might swap the existing osram NB+.
Old 25th April 2015, 19:31   #8809
BHPian

Quote:
Please PM your email id. Need more information.
PM function not available for us newbies sir!
My mail id is saurabh_37@hotmail.com. Feel free to reach out.

Cheers,
Saurabh
Old 25th April 2015, 19:52   #8810
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to buy this in a month or so. Comments please.
How much are you paying for these? I'm also planning on buying these and the lowest price I've gotten so far is Rs. 25,000/- (including white HID kit) from Delhi based seller Akash Singhal on OLX:
http://olx.in/item/ecosport-headlights-IDTFSWR.html

Seller says he has sourced these from Taiwan unlike others who stock lower quality made-in-China headlamps.
Old 25th April 2015, 19:58   #8811
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
How much are you paying for these?
35k is the price I got excluding HIDs. So add another 7-8k to that. I had checked aliexpress and they too have the same rate but add some solid duties to it.
Old 25th April 2015, 20:31   #8812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to go with the single projector headlights but wifey picked this one. Warranty will not be affected as this is a plug n play unit. I had projectors in my swift before. It was pretty cheap some couple of years back but not so now (almost 3 times the price ).
But surely you need to get a ballast unit fixed? That means some kind of alteration/permanent addition?

What do you think of these?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ford-Ecosport...-/121454834956
Old 25th April 2015, 21:12   #8813
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
But surely you need to get a ballast unit fixed? That means some kind of alteration/permanent addition?

What do you think of these?
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ford-Ecosport...-/121454834956
Ballast also is a straight forward installation. Stock wires are not cut. If you are looking for a retro fitment, it's always better to go with morimotos. I had almost finalized that but as I mentioned, wifey didnt like those . So going for a readymade unit.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2015, 21:23   #8814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ballast also is a straight forward installation. Stock wires are not cut. If you are looking for a retro fitment, it's always better to go with morimotos. I had almost finalized that but as I mentioned, wifey didnt like those . So going for a readymade unit.
Thanks. I shall be watching and waiting for updates on them with considerable interest.
Old 26th April 2015, 07:30   #8815
Senior - BHPian

So here's the long term fuel efficiency, which includes the rural roads(30%) and the highways(60%) and the urban roads(10%).

21.78+ kmpl.

I'm very gentle on the accelerator pedal and yet aware of not allowing the engine to lug, while making use of the extended coasting range due to the taller gears and thus i am rewarded, i guess.

The gripe is, engine feels powerless. It can do it's duty but when that darned Swift D pushes me to the road corners through his imperialism on the road map, my instincts take over thought process and the temperature is set to all rise, when the engine gently reminds me, 'beta. Calm down. I am not designed for such and if you try to push me, i will only become more obstinate'.

If i didn't listen it then walks the talk. The next time I start admiring the quality of the OEM music system more and I ignore the black smoke Swift.

On urban/traffic infested roads, this power train feels at home- you get to experience the reverse of what you got on the open highways- lesser gear changes through more tractable power/torque delivery. Thus less jerks to the passengers unlike the swift/ritz D through gear changes.

But i got to confess, i didn't expect Ecosport will literally live up to it's expansion, Economically Sportive.

Sudden braking means every passenger will lunge and I do chuckle and tell them in a concerned manner, 'see, that is why you must wear seat belts. These are high speed vehicles'. Long back when I had the Bolero, the same passengers weren't buying the 'high speed vehicle' part.

The air-conditioning is exceptional like every Ford, but isn't freezing like the Fiesta classic. Brazilian cowboys ought to be more acclimatized to the sun than the European suit-boots(LOL), Ford might have thought.

The positives of the Ecosport got highlighted more when i drove a relative's Amaze D. The vague steering feel, the bounciness even on relatively smooth roads, the pathetic AC, the feel of instability from around 90 kmph onwards, the road noise- and then you come back home(ecosport) and then realize how/why home is the best.

I've whined about the steering before, but i got used to it; still prefer the tautness of the ikon/fiesta. There's a bouncy ride but predictable and adjusted through driving manners. It isn't dismissing road imperfections like the SUV nor smothering the potholes at slow speeds like the soft-sprung hatch/sedans.
Full nasty roads, take it slow with all the side-to-side movements. Nasty stretch of road for a while, don't let the speed to go down and all is well: this seems to work very well.

Never went past fan speed 2 on 40C summer days. 100-110 kmph all day and the chassis tells me, 'boring'.

I am not going to be in the market for a car for a long time, but if it happens, it will be a Ford again. There's nothing like it- built-like-a-vault, nimble, fun, frugal, cheap to maintain, safe, pride of ownership and reliability. Try finding a car/brand that fits all the above!

Last edited by ramzsys : 26th April 2015 at 07:35.
ramzsys is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 08:10   #8816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The gripe is, engine feels powerless.

On urban/traffic infested roads, this power train feels at home- you get to experience the reverse of what you got on the open highways- lesser gear changes through more tractable power/torque delivery.

I am not going to be in the market for a car for a long time, but if it happens, it will be a Ford again.
Nice summary What's your odo reading now?

Having driven my Dad's diesel EcoSport, I really admire its city behaviour - its just perfect, and miles ahead of my EcoBoost.

The ideal EcoSport powertrain would have been one that combined:
  1. The city driveability of the TDCi
  2. The explosive highway behaviour of the EcoBoost
  3. And the fuss free nature of the PowerShift transmission
I'll keep dreaming on!
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 09:07   #8817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
What's your odo reading now?
Done about 12k. Have a fiesta 1.4 tdci at the garage too, so the running is distributed.

2 days back, I took a trip to the hill stations and the cornering abilities were put to test. It left me impressed and that implies that your dad would be all praises for the steering's abilities in the uphill and downhill hair-pin bends, i suppose?
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 09:24   #8818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I took a trip to the hill stations and the cornering abilities were put to test. It left me impressed and that implies that your dad would be all praises for the steering's abilities in the uphill and downhill hair-pin bends, i suppose?
My dad sold an Indica Vista and Safari and moved to the EcoSport, so those are his points of reference.
  1. He says the steering is light (in a good way) and quick, so he really loves it. He is not a fast driver, but is very quick/efficient on the ghats in his Safari, so I can only imagine how much happier he is in the EcoSport!
  2. And the driveability of the TDCi in the hills is really good, particularly without the peaky nature of the 1.3L engine that the Vista had.
  3. The one area not yet explored fully is highway performance - he's just finished his first service (~2000 km) so is still taking it easy.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 12:49   #8819
BHPian

Ford EcoSport Facelift With Edge’s Front Grille

Original article:

http://www.autossegredos.com.br/2015...-reestilizado/

In english, courtesy Google Translate:

Despite the arrival of new competitors the EcoSport, Ford is in no hurry to strike back. The brand works in the first restyling of the compact SUV. However, the redesigned model will arrive only in 2016 already as a line 2017. In addition to the new look, the EcoSport will feature new engine 1.5, such Autos Secrets anticipated earlier this month .

The biggest change in the external look is on the front, which will get inspired lines on the new generation Ford Edge. Hood, bumper, headlights and fenders were redesigned. The front grille will be threaded as shown projection illustrator Du Oliveira produced exclusively for Autos Secrets.

At the rear, only the bumper will be changed. The lamps have new design, while maintaining the current shape. Recently, the brand showed in Europe a version of the SUV without the spare tire mounted on the trunk lid. But we found that the local model will keep the spare tire mounted outside.

The restyled EcoSport will mark the arrival of the new 1.5 three-cylinder engine of the brand. The propellant will be 1.6 Sigma replacement. The input versions will have the engine 1.5 and the high-end continue with the current 2.0.

The new engine is the Dragon family and is based on the 1.5 turbo Fusion. The engine will power the next 130cv Sigma 1.6. According to the sources consulted the three-cylinder engine is better than four, as is the ideal volume 500cm3 for operating a four-stroke engine. With fewer moving parts, it is cheaper to produce, not to mention that is lighter and economical.

Projection | Du Oliveira / Special for Autos Secrets
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-novo_ford_ecosport.jpg  

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 28th April 2015 at 12:56.
hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 00:26   #8820
BHPian

Have given my ecosport for a full body wrap. Cant wait to get it back. Still 3 days to go...

Most Viewed