Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-591.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhavukjain (Post 3698913)
No need to change the RC book.

Brother since you had done a complete wrap this should reflect in your RC I believe. Wrapping a portion of car like the roof or bonnet alone needs no amendments in the RC but a whole wrap definitely needs an amendment. The catch is, a different funky color often tends the cops to stop them for a check in the RC. I had painful experiences for 5 longs years owning a Limited edition Pulsar 220F in orange which is a not so common one for the cops atleast here in Chennai.

Ford India have made available the owners' manuals for their current and past (Fusion, Ikon) models.
As far as I've seen, the differences between the 2013 and 2014 versions seem to be either formatting, or small changes to the way autolocking is configured, seats are folded, etc.

Visit this post for manuals for the other Ford models: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3699592

Got a FE of ~15 kmpl from the 1.5 tdci while driving through the Valparai ghats (up+down). Abysmal? Normal? Wow?

Climbed the U bends in 2nd gear most of the time taking the rpm to 2.5k max. The behavior is the same as in 1.4 tdci, but this ones less grumpy(read:clatter noise).

And bhpians, are you as irritated as me when the earthlings in the car want AC to be on even in hill stations with temperate weather conditions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3699816)
And bhpians, are you as irritated as me when the earthlings in the car want AC to be on even in hill stations with temperate weather conditions?

Ha ha. Its relative, I think. When you're on the move, and if you turn off the AC and lower the windows, unless the outside is much colder, people will complain. Its to do with the warm and moist air on the outside in comparison to the cool and dry air.

Try this - next time you want to turn off the AC, don't turn it off. Instead, stop for a break, let your passengers get down and get acclimatized to the outside weather during the break. When you get back in, lower the windows and don't turn on the AC. The wind you get in a moving vehicle will feel cooler to them than they were during the break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3699601)
Ford India have made available the owners' manuals for their current and past (Fusion, Ikon) models.

Page 22 on the manual states:
The warning lamp illuminates and an
audible warning will sound when any of
the following conditions have been met:
The driver's safety belt has not been
fastened.
The front passenger's seat is occupied
and the safety belt has not been
fastened.
Do the Indian models have this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemant.kamat (Post 3699981)
Page 22 on the manual states:
The warning lamp illuminates and an
audible warning will sound when any of
the following conditions have been met:
The driver's safety belt has not been
fastened.
The front passenger's seat is occupied
and the safety belt has not been
fastened.
Do the Indian models have this?

First - Yes

Second - No

At least, on my AT.

I just booked a titanium diesel in dark grey from Caculo Ford, Panaji, Goa. Changing colour to Mars red coz my mom wants it.
Have stretched budget from Swift dzire zdi and dont want any frills. No keyless start or multiple airbags for me on the Ecosport. And no budget to add anything to it at the moment.
Any thing I need to focus on or ask?
I have read the forums already and its a lot for me to process. Any accessory that maybe absolutely necessary?
I will be doing Goa- Mumbai- Goa often.
Thanks for your time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadqueen (Post 3700468)
Changing colour to Mars red coz my mom wants it.

Have they started accepting booking for Mars Red again? Till mid April they were discouraging customers from this color by citing 6 months waiting. What's the waiting period that they quoted for you? If you are getting immediate delivery, check the VIN and do a thorough PDI.

Quote:

Any accessory that maybe absolutely necessary?

Accessories at the dealer are 3x overpriced. Buy on eBay or Amazon. I would suggest leatherette seat covers, Packy Poda floor mats & SS door scuff guards as a must, rain visors & stepney cover optional.

Quote:

I just booked a titanium diesel in dark grey from Caculo Ford, Panaji, Goa. Changing colour to Mars red coz my mom wants it.
Have stretched budget from Swift dzire zdi and dont want any frills. No keyless start or multiple airbags for me on the Ecosport. And no budget to add anything to it at the moment.
Any thing I need to focus on or ask?
I have read the forums already and its a lot for me to process. Any accessory that maybe absolutely necessary?
I will be doing Goa- Mumbai- Goa often.
Thanks for your time!

Congrats on your choice of vehicle!:)
I think reverse sensors would be a very useful feature to add.

Ref my earlier post (and pics) on headlight bulb change to Philips Xtreme Vision +130, I have now corrected the headlight bulb position resulting in proper focus. Posting a couple of corrected pics (low beam/high beam).
I am extremely indebted to Bhpian Jude300 for posting detailed pics of headlight bulb change. Those take you every step of the way.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3597271

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3700517)
I have now corrected the headlight bulb position resulting in proper focus.

Could you elaborate on this? Was the bulb not seated correctly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacksport (Post 3700565)
Could you elaborate on this? Was the bulb not seated correctly?

Well - the bulbs were seated correctly (at least the clips could lock - surprisingly) but they were upside down - I mean rotated to the wrong position by about 90 degrees. So the beams were inverted.:)
Not able to explain pictorially since I had not clicked with the bulb in that position.
Jude300 has explained graphically how to fix with a number of photos.

I recently took my Ecosport TDCI to Ford Quicklane because of the metal cranking noise from the right front wheel area which I have been having since I bought the car in Jan 2014.

On Feb 2014 : Kairali ford - Palarivattom (Kochi) said that this was due to a screw under the wheel assembly which was not tightened properly. (Torque tightened nut/bolt/screw you name it) And that actually sorted the issue.

On Jan 2015 : The noise returns after an year long break and by the time I had experimented with Kairali Ford - Palarivattom, Thrikkakkara & Kalamassery (All in Kochi City Limits) and based on my friend advice I went ahead to Kairali Ford Cheranelloor.

They helped me sort out all other niggles/and nagging issues but this one could not be sorted. I sincerely appreciated the effort taken by the team there, they pulled out previous work records from other service cetners and applied the same techniques used by other centers but went in vain.

I moreover got used to it now, and now there is something new from the front wheel area which started coming of after my long drive in drenching rains last Wednesday. Back in my hometown I usually use my other car which is quieter in terms of engine noise and internal rattling (XUV500) and after getting on to my Ecosport for a short drive, I could hear a metal winding noise, not on acceleration/ but just when the wheels are rolling, above all it is not frequent. I drove back on Saturday morning to Kochi from Wayanad and the noise accompanies all the way but to my surprise it started becoming more subtle. Though this is not frequent, it is still there. Trust this is not mechanical, may be due to the bad rain which I drove into ? May be the water logged dips I drove into at NH-17 in Kerala (Wayanad has the best roads here in Kerala :) )

Any guesses ? Any thoughts ?

May 2015 : I have just dropped my car at QuickLane : Thrikkakkara so as to write a mail across to Ford on the same. I always hesitated writing mails to Ford because soon after the mail the Service Guys give me a call with a lot of disappointment and ask me not to do so. I don't want my mail to affect the way they work

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3700599)
Not able to explain pictorially since I had not clicked with the bulb in that position.
Jude300 has explained graphically how to fix with a number of photos.

@Wilful : I had upgraded to Xtreme Vision +100 % almost 8 months back. It is anyway brighter but doesnt help much on rainy days and oncoming traffic. I think +130 % is more bluish and how do you think of its performance on heavy rains, oncoming traffic etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 3700644)
@Wilful : I had upgraded to Xtreme Vision +100 % almost 8 months back. It is anyway brighter but doesnt help much on rainy days and oncoming traffic. I think +130 % is more bluish and how do you think of its performance on heavy rains, oncoming traffic etc.

A correct picture will emerge only when I take it on a reasonably long night drive - maybe on the highway. The performance during a heavy shower can be assessed in a month or so when the monsoon hits us.:) Will update.
On the face of it, the light looks a bit whiter and brighter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3700649)
A correct picture will emerge only when I take it on a reasonably long night drive - maybe on the highway. The performance during a heavy shower can be assessed in a month or so when the monsoon hits us.:) Will update.
On the face of it, the light looks a bit whiter and brighter.

Great !!

Shall wait to hear from you.
And where did you do the bulb alignment.
I have been struggling with that, my high beams are on the perfect spot now, but low beams are more to the left. May be because its just a single bulb for both hi and low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemant.kamat (Post 3700506)
Have they started accepting booking for Mars Red again? Till mid April they were discouraging customers from this color by citing 6 months waiting. What's the waiting period that they quoted for you? If you are getting immediate delivery, check the VIN and do a thorough PDI.

Thank you. They haven't reverted back to me on that. They said white was available for immediate delivery. Rest colours would take about a month. They had informed me that the ecoboost would take some time but not so much for titanum diesel.

I called now and asked how long for the Mas red. I was told that I need to send in a changed order form, once that was booked with the company, they would inform me. I am not particularly in a hurry, but I need the car by the time the rains hit Goa. So I will be on their case for that.