Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-592.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 3700653)
Great !!

Shall wait to hear from you.
And where did you do the bulb alignment.
I have been struggling with that, my high beams are on the perfect spot now, but low beams are more to the left. May be because its just a single bulb for both hi and low.

The entire thing was a DIY. Which is probably why it needed a couple of takes.:D
Fixed in the right position, I think the alignment should be more or less ok, after which one uses the leveler switch to get the desired level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadqueen (Post 3700656)
Thank you. They haven't reverted back to me on that. They said white was available for immediate delivery. Rest colours would take about a month. They had informed me that the ecoboost would take some time but not so much for titanum diesel.

I called now and asked how long for the Mas red. I was told that I need to send in a changed order form, once that was booked with the company, they would inform me. I am not particularly in a hurry, but I need the car by the time the rains hit Goa. So I will be on their case for that.

I booked a Mars red titanium diesel and it should be delivered within 40 days of booking.
It all depends on the availability of colour with the concerned dealer.
In my case they had a Mars red colour but it was a customised vehicle from factory with extra cost which i did not want to pay hence i am waiting for the normal model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3700749)
The entire thing was a DIY. Which is probably why it needed a couple of takes.:D
Fixed in the right position, I think the alignment should be more or less ok, after which one uses the leveler switch to get the desired level.

There should, I think, be adjusting screws.

It's not that I've done anything with headlight bulbs, but I know that alignment is part of the British "MOT" test. It's done with a big calibrated chart on a wall at a set distance. It's one of the things that one gets checked, and corrected before the test, because MOT failure for the simple, easy to correct things, is a pain in the neck and wallet. I'm sorry to be so vague about this, it's been ten years. I can only remember getting it done, not the detail. Setting up by eye would probably not get a pass.

Most car manuals have the detailed beam adjust procedure, both horizontal & vertical. Ideally one would need a calibrated wall for precise beam focusing, but I've never seen one in my life in India, even at an ASC. Next best option is to find a flat spot of land facing a blank wall (that's how Hyundai ASC does it here), then do a DIY. Best done in a dark setting for those subtle horizontal changes one needs to make.

I'd done it a few times on my ex-car and it's amazing how much off-focus a beam can get with less than an mm of misalignment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarkarthi (Post 3699239)
Brother since you had done a complete wrap this should reflect in your RC I believe. Wrapping a portion of car like the roof or bonnet alone needs no amendments in the RC but a whole wrap definitely needs an amendment. The catch is, a different funky color often tends the cops to stop them for a check in the RC. I had painful experiences for 5 longs years owning a Limited edition Pulsar 220F in orange which is a not so common one for the cops atleast here in Chennai.

This was the same thing i discussed with the person who did my car. since original colour of the car can be seen inside doors, bonet etc, he said that there is no need to update it on the RC. Complete paint job requires update on RC and not wrapping. Thats what he told me. Still havent been stopped by the cops though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3699116)
The high beam of Osram was pretty scattered while these are less scattered but focussed a lot more upward (even with the levelling set to the lowest position as in the pic) leaving dark spaces down below. These dark patches can be reduced with the light from the fog lamps.

This exactly is the issue with the headlights, attributed by many other owners to the poor reflector design. The high-beam pattern is so weird that it is useless at highway speeds.

Using fog helps illuminate ahead- i mean the immediate ahead- but what use of it when at highway speeds when you want to spot a crater from a distance?

Once the warranty is over it is better to fix something better like hella FF700 and use it in combination with the stock low beams while the fogs still serve the ornamental purpose with all that chrome surrounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3701355)
This exactly is the issue with the headlights, attributed by many other owners to the poor reflector design. The high-beam pattern is so weird that it is useless at highway speeds.

Using fog helps illuminate ahead- i mean the immediate ahead- but what use of it when at highway speeds when you want to spot a crater from a distance?

Once the warranty is over it is better to fix something better like hella FF700 and use it in combination with the stock low beams while the fogs still serve the ornamental purpose with all that chrome surrounds.

I think I was off the mark there. The issue was due to my bad workmanship.:D As I mentioned just a few posts ago, my DIY bulb positioning was incorrect. Once I got it to the right position, the problem has been solved. (Pics posted too)

Does anybody know where I can buy a set of tapeless (in-channel) wind deflectors? Thanks!

Can somebody please suggest seat covers for my Mars Red Ecosport preferably in OEM design of black and red.

Guys, was reading about Figo Aspire and came to know that it will sport auto dimming IRVM. Was wondering whether that could fit into Ecosport once it launches? As ecosports IRVM with reversing camera which is offered as an accessory doesn't have auto dimming. Experts do pitch in with your comments.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecosport rules (Post 3171355)
The dealer price for rear view camara is around 12k but they are charging 25k.The box comes with two kind of brackets
1.you can make a hole with a hole saw in the centre of bumper above the number plate
2.you can fix it above the registration plate , concealed like that of the top end verna.

Ask me anything about accessories as I am sort of an expert on ecosport accessories

Hi, I took delivery of a 1.5L P AT / Titanium recently from Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon. I opted for various accessories packs which included the Reversing Camera with its IRVM display. The Camera has been fitted to my bumper. I discovered yesterday that the Camera's display on the IRVM is not visible (washed out) if its sunny outside and pretty much useless!
I also do not see any option for auto-dimming.

I was surprised that a Ford accessory (assumed) was such a dud (I am comparing this to my Elantra's stock reverse camera & display). When I checked on the Ford website, the picture of the accessory (both IRVM and Camera) is very different from what is installed in my vehicle. The Ford website image also has a button on the IRVM which I assume is for the auto-dimming function.

As part of the vehicle documents, I have a warranty card for the Camera and IRVM installed which is from a company called "3T Plus Technologies Pvt. Ltd." in Delhi. I discovered online that this is a subsidiary of the company that owns the Harpreet Ford dealership.

I called Ford Customer Care and the only thing they could tell me was that Ford does provide accessories for the Ecosport and they are covered by a Ford warranty. The customer-care agent could not confirm to me if Ford provides the Camera & IRVM display. He asked me to send an email with details to the customer care email ID.

Before I take this up with the dealer (& Ford), my questions are:
1. Does Ford India provide the Reversing Camera with IRVM display as part of the Accessories pack or is it the discretion of the dealer to fit what they brand/make they want? Never would have gone ahead with this if I had known its a local make.

2. Assuming Ford does provide it, can someone please post pictures of the Ford genuine IVRM and Camera in their car, so I can compare it with mine.

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by manuc (Post 3704180)
1. Does Ford India provide the Reversing Camera with IRVM display as part of the Accessories pack or is it the discretion of the dealer to fit what they brand/make they want? Never would have gone ahead with this if I had known its a local make.

Ford provides rear parking sensors as an official Ford accessory and not the reversing camera with display. That is something dealers provide on their own.
http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...ries/exterior#

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astleviz (Post 3704233)
Ford provides rear parking sensors as an official Ford accessory and not the reversing camera with display. That is something dealers provide on their own.
http://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecosp...ries/exterior#

Thanks for the quick response. There is a Reverse Camera with IRVM display listed on the accessories page. Screenshot below. Am I missing something?

Quote:

Originally Posted by manuc (Post 3704243)
Thanks for the quick response. There is a Reverse Camera with IRVM display listed on the accessories page. Screenshot below. Am I missing something?

My bad, didn't check the "interior" accessories section. I didn't realize that reverse sensors are an exterior accessory while reverse camera is an interior accessory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3700749)

I received my car after the noise check and have now sorted that issue. Now something new has come up from the tail gate. Need to get them checked.

On the headlamp adjustment, what I learned is that the filament of the bulb is in a faulty position that it may not be handed that easily. I might need to change the bulbs.. Again ??

Generally, has anyone ever replaced your wiper blades on the ecosport, can you suggest some good alternatives, mine has been almost 1 and half years old and the blades are now noisy and is bringing up textures on the windscreen. Any good suggestions for replacement ?