Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2015, 16:10   #8881
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I received my car after the noise check and have now sorted that issue. Now something new has come up from the tail gate. Need to get them checked.

On the headlamp adjustment, what I learned is that the filament of the bulb is in a faulty position that it may not be handed that easily. I might need to change the bulbs.. Again ??

Generally, has anyone ever replaced your wiper blades on the ecosport, can you suggest some good alternatives, mine has been almost 1 and half years old and the blades are now noisy and is bringing up textures on the windscreen. Any good suggestions for replacement ?
Have you checked that link (from Bhpian Jude 300's thread) I posted with those detailed pics? If you have not, I suggest you take a look. Here it is again-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-i-love-6.html

It is very easy to go wrong on the positioning and when I had gone to Malayalam Ford here after my first DIY (on the Osram NBs), the guy at the customer service pooh poohed my opinion that the bulb positioning was wrong, saying that the clip will not close without it being in the correct position. Actually the clip can close even when the bulb is in an upside down position (I've done it wrongly once).
The big pin at the back of the bulb should be aligned to the top of the circle, a trifle tilted. Those pics are a perfect reference.

Suggest you pm Bhpian Arunphilip on the wipers - I remember he had recommended something a while ago.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 16:18   #8882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Have you checked that link (from Bhpian Jude 300's thread) I posted with those detailed pics? If you have not, I suggest you take a look. Here it is again-
Thanks Wilful,

Let me try what Jude 300 did. I have pm'ed Arunphilip on the wiper thing.

Many Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 17:09   #8883
Distinguished - BHPian

Before changing wipers, make sure that the glass and the wipers are really clean. There has been some discussion of this very recently on the detailing thread. You might be surprised!
Old 12th May 2015, 06:50   #8884
Distinguished - BHPian

So it's here. More pictures soon. Installation is a bit delayed as I am busy in office.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dsc_0002.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 07:29   #8885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
Thanks for the quick response. There is a Reverse Camera with IRVM display listed on the accessories page. Screenshot below. Am I missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astleviz View Post
My bad, didn't check the "interior" accessories section. I didn't realize that reverse sensors are an exterior accessory while reverse camera is an interior accessory.
If you read below the enlarged view of this accessory on the Ford site, the wording dealer fitted accessory can be seen. For some of the accessories this is not indicated. For example the seat covers; perhaps they are Ford supplied.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2015, 07:45   #8886
BHPian

That is a nice mod to your ride. Where did you source the headlights?
Old 12th May 2015, 10:06   #8887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
So it's here. More pictures soon. Installation is a bit delayed as I am busy in office.

Attachment 1369625
I am waiting and watching with bated breath.
My fingers crossed as well. Let's hope it is fully up to your expectations. After which I shall pick your brains and maybe when the purse allows...
Old 12th May 2015, 11:41   #8888
BHPian

Quote:
Do post photographs after you fit them in your vehicle. Are the lenses made of plastic or glass?
Old 12th May 2015, 14:07   #8889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuc View Post
Hi, I took delivery of a 1.5L P AT / Titanium recently from Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon. I opted for various accessories packs which included the Reversing Camera with its IRVM display. The Camera has been fitted to my bumper. I discovered yesterday that the Camera's display on the IRVM is not visible (washed out) if its sunny outside and pretty much useless!
I also do not see any option for auto-dimming.

I was surprised that a Ford accessory (assumed) was such a dud (I am comparing this to my Elantra's stock reverse camera & display). When I checked on the Ford website, the picture of the accessory (both IRVM and Camera) is very different from what is installed in my vehicle. The Ford website image also has a button on the IRVM which I assume is for the auto-dimming function.

As part of the vehicle documents, I have a warranty card for the Camera and IRVM installed which is from a company called "3T Plus Technologies Pvt. Ltd." in Delhi. I discovered online that this is a subsidiary of the company that owns the Harpreet Ford dealership.

I called Ford Customer Care and the only thing they could tell me was that Ford does provide accessories for the Ecosport and they are covered by a Ford warranty. The customer-care agent could not confirm to me if Ford provides the Camera & IRVM display. He asked me to send an email with details to the customer care email ID.

Before I take this up with the dealer (& Ford), my questions are:
1. Does Ford India provide the Reversing Camera with IRVM display as part of the Accessories pack or is it the discretion of the dealer to fit what they brand/make they want? Never would have gone ahead with this if I had known its a local make.

2. Assuming Ford does provide it, can someone please post pictures of the Ford genuine IVRM and Camera in their car, so I can compare it with mine.

Thank you!
The same thing happened with me. I checked the image online and went for the camera thinking it will be auto dimming as it is for 25k. But after installing i found out that it wasnt true.
Have contacted Ford customer service and the reply that i got was that they do not have auto dimming but have a black coating which helps in reducing glare ( completely useless).
The button in the centre controls the display brightness in the model.
I think there are 2-3 manufacturers from which Ford buys its rear view cameras so there are some changes between each of them.
Hope this helps.
sidenzo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 09:00   #8890
BHPian

Yesterday, I happened to notice an Ecosport automatically flashing all 6 turn indicators whenever a door was opened. Is there a setting somewhere to enable this feature? Mine only turns on the interior & parking lights on a door open.
Old 13th May 2015, 09:47   #8891
BHPian

Service warning (?) on reaching near 10K

My Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) started showing a warning symbol (attached below) in yellow colour on reaching 9990 KM on Odo. There is no explanation of this symbol in Owner's Manual.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150513_090736104.jpg

Is this Service warning? Or is it oil level warning by any chance?
Please note that there is an oil level warning in the left console in RED colour which goes off once engine is turned on.

Have any one faced this issue?
Old 13th May 2015, 10:07   #8892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 View Post
Service warning (?) on reaching near 10K

My Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) started showing a warning symbol (attached below) in yellow colour on reaching 9990 KM on Odo. There is no explanation of this symbol in Owner's Manual.
Attachment 1370022

Is this Service warning? Or is it oil level warning by any chance?
Please note that there is an oil level warning in the left console in RED colour which goes off once engine is turned on.

Have any one faced this issue?
This is the service reminder. It usually comes on just before the service.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 12:13   #8893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
That is a nice mod to your ride. Where did you source the headlights?
Thanks. I got it from a known source.

Quote:
I am waiting and watching with bated breath.
My fingers crossed as well. Let's hope it is fully up to your expectations. After which I shall pick your brains and maybe when the purse allows...
Not expecting huge difference as the projectors are a bit small when compared to my swift and high beams will be halogen bulbs but should be much better than stock headlights. I wanted to go with 3" morimoto projectors but "home minister" didnt approve that and liked this model because of the drls and looked different. Shall definitely update my ownership thread once it's up and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Do post photographs after you fit them in your vehicle. Are the lenses made of plastic or glass?
Definitely. Shall update my ownership thread with pictures and my findings. Installation will be done next week. Projector lens - glass.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 12:18   #8894
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Yesterday, I happened to notice an Ecosport automatically flashing all 6 turn indicators whenever a door was opened. Is there a setting somewhere to enable this feature? Mine only turns on the interior & parking lights on a door open.
Why would you want it?
Old 13th May 2015, 12:33   #8895
BHPian

Quote:
I have decided to go for Hella DynaEdge based on the inputs from arunphilip.
He gave me a detailed message on what to select, and he himself is a DynaEdge user, and I think it should work well on mine. Availability is a bit of a concern.

Do you know any place in Cochin where I can get Hella DynaEdge Wipers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Before changing wipers, make sure that the glass and the wipers are really clean. There has been some discussion of this very recently on the detailing thread. You might be surprised!
Sure noted. Is there any specific sort of cleaning required? Could you please guide me to that detailing thread you were talking about.

Quote:
Looks great Naveen, can you let me know of the price of these ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks