Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-597.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3715039)
But I have come across a new problem.By 49000km, the engine oil level had come down drastically.

Anyone with similar experience? What could have gone wrong?

Do you observe any smoke (whitish like) from exhaust?

The orange color powertrain warning LED (!) is lighted up as i am moving through crowded city traffic. It went off after i restarted the engine.

OBD scanner didn't show any error recorded. Any opinion regarding this is welcome.

Received my new set o Wipers last Friday, simply drove into Ford Quiclane service center on the way back home and the Service head helped me fix the new ones without any issues. Was very happy to learn that "MotorCraft" (if I am not wrong) provides stock wipers at Rs. 648 a piece, while I have got my Hella Wipers for 550.

Fixing them was a bit too easy, thanks to inputs from fellow bhpians and also the service head there at Kairali. Wanted to get this done before my high range drive over the weekend. Rain has been unpredictable these days Kerala.

And to all, these Wipers are a beauty and work effortlessly, and I am very thankful to arunphilip for his assistance. It has been just a few days. But shall update on any issues that comes up. (fingers crossed)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3707802)
Won't this look a bit odd? I'm guessing they are a bit different in appearance.

Not at All wilful. They are both different, DynaEdge are frameless wipers and Curvos are with an aerodynamic frame. You can only makeout the difference when they are pulled up. You can also see the "Hella" logo on the Wiper lock on Dyna Edge wipers while the log is on the frame for Curvos, adding images for your review.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_3331.jpg
Sorry for the long shot (you might have to turn your head to your side to see the pic properly) , I forgot to take a pic of them before installing. From this view it never looks odd to me
Below is an older pic from the same angle. Compare to see the difference
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2715.jpg
Pic taken about some 5 months back. For Comparison.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_3329.jpg
This is how it will look from within the car. Sorry for the poor backgrounds and angles. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 3707895)
Yeah, I'm hoping that both the DynaEdge and Curvo designs are roughly similar to one another and won't look jarringly different :) This is particularly important because the EcoSport parks the wipers rather visibly on the windshield (unlike VWs that tend to tuck them away beneath the bonnet line).
:

arunphilip, thanks for your help friend.

To your question they both look a way too different from top but the blades are almost the same to me.

Curvos look more solid with the stylish frames, and the dynaedge makes the blade more visible compared to others.

Adding a pic below from my weekend drive to Idukki Highrange (Cheruthoni, Kattappana, Kuttikkanam) and to say the performance so far has been excellent.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_3307.jpg
With brand new wipers (not visible though :P) at Parunthanpara - Meadows at Kuttikkanam

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_ramesh99 (Post 3705813)
Service warning (?) on reaching near 10K

My Ecosport 1.5 TDCi Titanium (O) started showing a warning symbol (attached below) in yellow colour on reaching 9990 KM on Odo. There is no explanation of this symbol in Owner's Manual. :Frustrati
Attachment 1370022

Is this Service warning? Or is it oil level warning by any chance?
Please note that there is an oil level warning in the left console in RED colour which goes off once engine is turned on.

Have any one faced this issue?

Hi, It comes as a reminder for servicing. There is a process to reset that. I think you need to press brake and accelerator together with out starting the engine to reset it. You can contact a Ford service rep on how to do it.

Do the mirrors fold in electronically on a Titanium (d)?
Just got mine tried to manually push em in but it wouldnt budge. Checked the manual, it doesnt say anything.
Help.
e

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadqueen (Post 3715424)
Just got mine tried to manually push em in but it wouldnt budge. Checked the manual, it doesnt say anything.
Help.
e

No it doesn't. It can only be adjusted and not folded electronically. One of the cost cutting measures over international variants. Surprisingly the cheaper aspire now come with this feature and its high time Ford fixes the same for ES, just like they did with Sync by enabling Applink.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadqueen (Post 3715424)
Help.
e

They are manual. Not electric. And they need a solid firm push. Everything is heavy in this car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3715441)
They are manual. Not electric. And they need a solid firm push. Everything is heavy in this car.

Oh alright. Thanks guys. Will put them muscles to use then. I was being too delicate with that beast.

Have posted a query on EcoSport tyres on the below lesser visited EcoSport tyres thread post #127, any feedback / suggestions / different logic would be welcome.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...upgrade-9.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3715079)
Do you observe any smoke (whitish like) from exhaust?

No excessive smoke.
No spills
wonder where all the oil goes

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3716180)
No excessive smoke.
No spills
wonder where all the oil goes

Was there any multiple short trips included in the past several thousand kms? Or even urban driving with constant gear changes, acceleration, braking..

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3716183)
Was there any multiple short trips included in the past several thousand kms? Or even urban driving with constant gear changes, acceleration, braking..

usual daily drives @50 km a day
had driven to bangalore and back ( @800km in almost a day and half)
noted this after that trip

17.97 kmpl is what i got with brisk driving.
30 psi all around.
Typical 'hell'uva Indian highways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoinassi (Post 3716190)
usual daily drives @50 km a day
had driven to bangalore and back ( @800km in almost a day and half)
noted this after that trip

Check under/around the oil filter(the black plastic round thing beside the air filter box).

What about the tyre life? Still on stock @50k km?
If nothing else is a suspect, then is for the service center chaps to sniff and find.

Hi I have just got the TBHP stickers for my Ecosport delivered. Could you suggest the best place for these on the rear. I personally like the "Live to drive" yellowish sticker to be placed somewhere in the tail gate or areas close by.

Also I could see a slim teambhp.com sticker too. Which is the best place for that on an ecosport. Also please help in any special care to be taken before placing them.

Thanks so much

Got my Mars Red Titanium on Monday.
Drove solo to Mumbai on Wednesday. Some $&%* who was too impatient in dead slow traffic scraped the back bumper. Luckily nothing fatal but I got faint white paint that i need to wash/get off.
And today (friday) someone deliberately scratched the car passenger side door while it was parked in my society :Frustrati . Can see the white beneath. And I am so MAD at the moment. Will camouflage it with a decal that I was planning anyway and maybe do a touchup whenever I can afford it.

I got Grey seats. So went and ordered black with red accents for rs.5000. Hoping they match the interiors or else will change them again next year. It will be ready tomorrow.

Got plain rubber mats for Rs.400 as Goa rains and red mud is something one cant escape. I like the mats that came with the car.

The local dealer tried to push visors on me. I didn't want them as the car looks neat without those at the moment. Maybe later.

Nothing else planned a of yet. But i will order stuff from alie soon.