Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-603.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemant.kamat (Post 3734826)
What is the latest SYNC version installed in your vehicle? I'm having EV6T-14D544-AG. Is there any newer update available?

I have 'AM5T-14D544-LFA' with a reported date of '21:51 2013-09-12' according to https://www.india.ford.com/owner

Mine is an August 2013 EcoSport.

Gents, our family has zeroed in on the Ecosport 1.5 Titanium (D) in Grey for my elder brother. Got a few queries.

1. What mileage can I expect in the city? What about average service costs?

2. How good is Delhi Ford at Safdarjung Enclave? Planning to splash the cash there.

3. How are the after sales? Need a detailed on this one.

4. Known Ecosport issues?

5. Should I wait until the festive season to go for it or should I wait for a newer model (if coming)?

6. If I buy it in the festive season, what freebies and goodies can I expect? :D

Eagerly awaiting replies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3735851)
Gents, our family has zeroed in on the Ecosport 1.5 Titanium (D) in Grey for my elder brother. Got a few queries.
5. Should I wait until the festive season to go for it or should I wait for a newer model (if coming)?

6. If I buy it in the festive season, what freebies and goodies can I expect

I would advise you to hold off until the Creta and S-Cross are launched, if not in a hurry. With these newer models sharing the same space, demand for EcoSport is bound to fall - they will come out with some or the other offer to counter this.

Changed the rear wiper to frameless type. Thanks Arun for recommending the link but unfortunately couldnt get the same product.

Details updated in my ownership thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3736635

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolboy007 (Post 3727736)
Had taken my Ecosport for its 20k service today to Harpreet Ford, New Delhi. Additional items to do were the airbag wiring recall, rear left power window switch was not working and the brakes were juddering when applied at 80-90 kmph.

Even my ecosport had the same defect. Could feel the same juddering. I got it rectified when i sent my car for 10K service and it was done under warranty without any hassle at harpreet ford, Gurgaon. But the service is poor.

Not sure if its OT for this thread, but are there are any inside info/ rumours on what Ford is planning vis-à-vis the near-existential threat it is facing from ACross, Creta and the rumored VW softroader (though that would be more expensive and may be a segment above) over the next 12 -18 months?

The silence from Ford is almost deafening.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapunto (Post 3739517)
Not sure if its OT for this thread, but are there are any inside info/ rumours on what Ford is planning vis-à-vis the near-existential threat it is facing from ACross, Creta and the rumored VW softroader (though that would be more expensive and may be a segment above) over the next 12 -18 months?

To your specific question, no, I'm not aware of any insider info or credible rumours that are in the media, apart from the general talk of the spare wheel being removed in international markets, and a revised suspension set-up, which have been covered on TBHP.

A generous viewpoint is that the smart people at Ford are watching and waiting, plotting and planning, to see what features and price-point the S-Cross and Creta come out with, and then decisively swoop in and adapt the EcoSport facelift to fend off those challengers.

A more realistic viewpoint (rooted in Ford India's past history) is that they are inexplicably overwhelmed in just bringing the Aspire to the market. They're like a horse with blinkers who can't see anything beyond the one single project that has their attention.
"EcoSport? That's selling a few thousand units in India, forget about it, let's get the Aspire up and running!"

I'm afraid that Ford might think that the S-Cross and Creta are competing against the Duster/Terrano given their size, and the EcoSport might come away relatively unscathed. That would be a serious misreading of the market.

I'm sure anyone who's considering the EcoSport will give a look at Maruti and Hyundai's offerings, and think hard about stepping up to one of those, particularly since they're the big two manufacturers in India. The only people who will persist with the EcoSport are those who:
  1. Want the EcoSport specifically for its shorter length
  2. Can't pay more to step up to the S-Cross and Creta
  3. Want the EcoSport for the Ford DNA (yeah, yeah, I know the EcoSport is not like the Fiesta)
I've not followed the S-Cross much, but having seen the trim levels and engine variants being discussed/speculated for the Creta, I'm sure that there'll be some models that can compete with the EcoSport on price (not a one-to-one competition, but more like the low-end Creta being price equivalent to the mid/top-end EcoSport, which will be enough to get footsteps into Hyundai's showroom). The Creata comfortably competes with the EcoSport on looks, and matches/exceeds the EcoSport on equipment.

I still think that the Creta would be priced much above the Ecosport to become a direct threat. It is Duster/Terrano which is going to feel the heat.

Moreover since the CSUV has a large demand to be fulfilled, and since Ford is contented selling 4K per month, I think Ford would continue to sell around that number.

Hi all, I completed my 20k service few days ago at Metro Ford StMarks Road Blore. Total bill was Rs6900. (mine is ecoboost)

I was experiencing quite a lot of shuddering in the first gear, when I took off from speed 0. The whole dashboard/inside would sound like vibrating.
I had complained about shuddering in the first gear and it was not fixed during the service. I gave the vehicle back again and asked them to fix the shuddering. It shudder was very extensive.

The service guys eventually found out that it is problem with the clutch plates and my whole clutch kit was replaced under warranty.

Now the problem has almost gone. There is a very slight shudder while taking off from stand still but its almost NIL compared to what it was earlier.

Anyone else facing similar problem in ecoboost?

Quote:

Originally Posted by penpavan (Post 3740170)
There is a very slight shudder while taking off from stand still but its almost NIL compared to what it was earlier.

Does it happen only during cold starts or always? Mine does that if the engine is not warm enough when the drive is engaged. I usually allow the engine to idle for about a minute. I wait until the engine sound "settles" and the rpm drops below 1000 on the gauge before driving off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by barcalad (Post 3735851)
1. What mileage can I expect in the city? What about average service costs?

3. How are the after sales? Need a detailed on this one.

4. Known Ecosport issues?

I've the exact same car down to the color.
1. 100% climate control, it is somewhere between 12-14kmpl in a city like pune. I drive 70kms everyday thru peak traffic. With no ac on, i've managed to achieve 15kmpl consistently in winters. On highways, its always been around 18kmpl with ACC on.

3. As good as any other. I've gone to Ford exactly 3 times so far for the planned services and not once more. The stock tyres are bad, esp. the goodyears since the side walls are really soft. Except for the tyre expense, i've not had any other mechanical or electrical faults.

4. Not that i know of.

Its important to note that my car is driven only by me and occasionally by my driver over the weekends. I don't do mad dash games at traffic lights or NFS kind of driving on expressway either. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 (Post 3741455)
I've the exact same car down to the color.

Its important to note that my car is driven only by me and occasionally by my driver over the weekends. I don't do mad dash games at traffic lights or NFS kind of driving on expressway either. :D

Thank you for the very detailed reply.

I've decided to hold off until Diwali, as I wish to drive the Creta first before coming to a conclusion. Also, assuming I go for the Ford, I'll be bound to get various discounts and goodies in the festive season.

I needed a clarification on whether the Titanium petrol is the better option or the Titanium diesel? I'm more inclined on the diesel though, considering the economy, but then the engine lag is a cause of worry as well. Also, what's the difference between Titanium and Titanium (O)?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post3741781

went in for Pirelli P7 Centuranto 225 / 55-R16 99W XL Extra Load. Check it out in Tyres for Ecosport thread. Superb feel and no loss of power in the Petrol AT

just booked a moondust silver - 1.5P AT

planning to change the light bulbs and get a engine cover -

any leads would be very helpful!!

which bulbs do everyone recommend??

also good places for seatcovers in mumbai? and mats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoheb (Post 3742945)
just booked a moondust silver - 1.5P AT

planning to change the light bulbs and get a engine cover -

any leads would be very helpful!!

which bulbs do everyone recommend??

also good places for seatcovers in mumbai? and mats.

Try Orchis for seat covers at Powai near Hiranandani estate google the location.

You mean the under body engine guard not the over body engine cover. Under body is what you should get.

Get the illuminated scruff plate and interior blue lighting accessory. It looks great and does not cost much.

Headlights get the Philips upgrade in the 4500-6000 K light range.