Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-607.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3753226)
A sigh of relief for future prospective EcoSport facelift customers - the spare wheel on the rear tailgate will stay, according to Nigel Harris, MD & President, Ford India.

[/indent]The updated Ford EcoSport facelift is speculated to arrive in showrooms sometime next year, with an improved 1.5L TDCi heart inside it which will be borrowed from the Ford Figo Aspire.

IAB

I wonder what would the effect of Creta be on EcoSport sales. IMO, Ford India should

- bring out the refresh, sooner rather than later- before the market starts building perception of "flopping sales"
- invest in advertising the EcoSport AT. It has some stark differentiation with Creta (still). Its petrol, has a more sophisticated gearbox, and has all the safety features and bells and whistles Creta AT (albeit diesel) lacks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapunto (Post 3753396)
I wonder what would the effect of Creta be on EcoSport sales. IMO, Ford India should

- bring out the refresh, sooner rather than later- before the market starts building perception of "flopping sales"
- invest in advertising the EcoSport AT. It has some stark differentiation with Creta (still). Its petrol, has a more sophisticated gearbox, and has all the safety features and bells and whistles Creta AT (albeit diesel) lacks.

Hyundai with their superior marketing and strong dealer network will for sure beat Ford Ecosport and Duster in terms of sales. The product also seem to be better than both in many aspects. That said I think it is Terrano and Duster will be the most impacted since both fall in same price bracket. Ecosport will settle to 2-2.5K monthly sales I believe.

A quick question.

Can someone tell me where the tow hook is located on the Ecosport? I leave for a road trip tomorrow and would like to know this in case it is needed.

Cheers,
Saurabh

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDesertRat (Post 3753522)
A quick question.

Can someone tell me where the tow hook is located on the Ecosport? I leave for a road trip tomorrow and would like to know this in case it is needed.

Cheers,
Saurabh

The small circular section on the bumper near the right fog lamp conceals the tow hook.

And diagonally on the rear.

sorry for the super dumb questions but since i have not changed the bulbs ever on any of my cars. ... do i get two twin packs for high and low beams? since both are h4 bulbs? wouldnt one of them be a yellow one if i switch to high beam.??

people who have changed bulbs please advise?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoheb (Post 3755364)
sorry for the super dumb questions but since i have not changed the bulbs ever on any of my cars. ... do i get two twin packs for high and low beams? since both are h4 bulbs? wouldnt one of them be a yellow one if i switch to high beam.??

people who have changed bulbs please advise?

It's one twin pack. Try the Philips Extreme Vision 130+. It's better than the stock bulbs. I'm using them now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3753226)
The updated Ford EcoSport facelift is speculated to arrive in showrooms sometime next year, with an improved 1.5L TDCi heart inside it which will be borrowed from the Ford Figo Aspire.

This 'improved' engine is only in the ECU tuning of the same engine. It is unfortunate that Ford gives 90 horses for the 1.3 tonne Ecosport while it is 99 for the 1.1 tonne Aspire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3755391)
This 'improved' engine is only in the ECU tuning of the same engine. It is unfortunate that Ford gives 90 horses for the 1.3 tonne Ecosport while it is 99 for the 1.1 tonne Aspire.

Aren't they updating the EcoSport's engine as well?

I think this (the additional 9 PS/bhp) is an improvement Ford came up with after plenty of real world testing and fine-tuning. Even the European 1.6 TDCi (from which the Indian 1.5 TDCi is derived) sees a jump in power output.

Who knows, the facelifted & updated EcoSport may be launched ahead of the Figo Aspire, or immediately after it. Taking a cue from the Aspire's feature list, the EcoSport may also see some changes (like standard dual airbags) across variants.

If the Aspire gets the 1.5 TDCi with 100 horses, then the new Fiesta can't be left behind either. So the new Fiesta is also likely to get the 100 PS 1.5 TDCi very soon! :D

Just received this mail today, did they drop the prices or is it still the old one?

Never thought EcoSport would stand out as a paragon/ an example of "good value pricing"- but Creta pricing makes it appear so !!

Ford India anyways does not have an aggressive product management team. Seeing their position secure, I expect them to fully go to sleep once again. Bye, bye facelifted EcoSport till mid-2016 , well after the launch of Aspire, Figo and the new Endeavour.

The Ecosport Titanium AT all of a sudden looks so much more VFM after the Creta pricing has been announced. Going for a TD soon!

I am yet to come across a detailed driving impression in any of the Ownership reports here on TBhp. The Official review also does not cover the AT for some reason. Particularly interested to learn how the car performs at low speeds/city traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrapunto (Post 3758506)
Never thought EcoSport would stand out as a paragon/ an example of "good value pricing"- but Creta pricing makes it appear so !!

agree:
With the Creta prices veering dangerously close to the XUV W8 model, Eco Sport stands out as a VFM offering.
Of course, you lose on the new-age looks (we are left with the Transformers era system in the console for instance) and on space (Eco Sport can seat only 4 in comfort - not sure about Creta) and on boot space - but on the south of 15 lakhs On Road with full safety kit (6+ airbags, ABS at minimum - these are my first priorities), I guess this is a very good offering.

Might be slightly off topic here, but going through the Figo & Figo Aspire threads, looks like these 2 are also going to have 6 airbags (not sure about ABS though). So, is Ford finally taking the lead on equipping their (albeit top end only) cars with full safety kits? Unlike other manufacturers who charge an arm and a leg but still don't give full safety kits (Honda, are you listening)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashua (Post 3758614)
The Ecosport Titanium AT all of a sudden looks so much more VFM after the Creta pricing has been announced. Going for a TD soon!

I am yet to come across a detailed driving impression in any of the Ownership reports here on TBhp. The Official review also does not cover the AT for some reason. Particularly interested to learn how the car performs at low speeds/city traffic.

Here is one Ownership thread of the Ecosport to start with.:) There are a couple more if memory serves me right.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

I drive one myself (from Nov' 14) and after 8000+ kms I am not regretting my decision one bit. Of course it has its negatives like the harsh ride but I guess every car has its downside.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashua (Post 3758614)
The Ecosport Titanium AT all of a sudden looks so much more VFM after the Creta pricing has been announced.

So all the Ecopsort owners lurking in the Creta thread (well, that includes me) would soon be back. Even after all the price hikes the Ecosport had had in the last two years, it still looks VFM in comparison.

Fifteen minutes later, when I leave my office and approach my Ecosport parked outside the building, I am going to look at it again with great respect. I ain't going nowhere.

Thank you Ford!

Precisely my sentiments.:) My money seems to be well spent on the feature rich Ecosport AT.
The on road last Nov was around 10.8 and that appears reasonable today.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by civic-sense (Post 3759022)
So all the Ecopsort owners lurking in the Creta thread (well, that includes me) would soon be back. Even after all the price hikes the Ecosport had had in the last two years, it still looks VFM in comparison.

Fifteen minutes later, when I leave my office and approach my Ecosport parked outside the building, I am going to look at it again with great respect. I ain't going nowhere.

Thank you Ford!